SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#253469 - 01/14/09 09:54 AM OT: iPOD
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
OK, I've just entered the world of the iPOD ... YEAH, I KNOW, but it is just one of those toys that I COULD live without, so I never spent the money... BUT, this year our kids gave me and Lydia one each ... we have since traded hers in for a docking station ...

I have primarily been D/L some of my CDs ... I notice that from time to time during iPOD playback there will be a 'break' in the 'recording' on the iPOD ... it goes mute and when it comes on it is at the spot it should be, not where it left off, if you know what I mean. It's almost like something 'interrupted' the system during transmission somewhere along the line ...
Anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this?

thnx,
t.

PS ... of course now that I HAVE an iPOD, I am really enjoying it ...

#253470 - 01/14/09 10:15 AM Re: OT: iPOD
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I don't know. Ask any 12-year-old.

DonM

#253471 - 01/14/09 11:08 AM Re: OT: iPOD
Dnj Offline

T thats a kids question 12yr old?.....
no way 7 yr old is better

#253472 - 01/14/09 12:06 PM Re: OT: iPOD
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
OK, I've just entered the world of the iPOD ... YEAH, I KNOW, but it is just one of those toys that I COULD live without, so I never spent the money... BUT, this year our kids gave me and Lydia one each ... we have since traded hers in for a docking station ...

I have primarily been D/L some of my CDs ... I notice that from time to time during iPOD playback there will be a 'break' in the 'recording' on the iPOD ... it goes mute and when it comes on it is at the spot it should be, not where it left off, if you know what I mean. It's almost like something 'interrupted' the system during transmission somewhere along the line ...

thnx,
t.

Tony I can't answer that question but there's a forum for iPods problems and discussions. Head over there at the link below:
http://forums.ilounge.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1

Tony, interesting though. I could not live without my iPod. But............I have an 1.5 hour daily commute, I got tired of talk radio some years ago. Ironically enough, I don't listen to as much music as I do "Podcasts" There are literally thousands of "Podcasts" that you can download for free via the iTunes store. Subject can be anything from learning the theory behind jazz piano to cooking, to computer tech stuff to one of my favorites " Jazz Piano Shorts" the NPR show that pianist Marian McPartland hosts. The advantage to the Podcast is that you can listen when you want and have the time. Check them out, I think you'll be in for a surprise of what's available.

#253473 - 01/14/09 01:10 PM Re: OT: iPOD
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Load it with MP3s not Apple propietary DRM protected files just in case you want to transfer files to a different player or your computer and play them without digging up conversion software.

Not many people if any at all can tell the difference between an Mp3 at 320 VBR and EVEN a wav through a Music player,mp3 IS UNIVERSAL TO ANY PLAYER ANYWHERE.

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 01-14-2009).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#253474 - 01/14/09 01:13 PM Re: OT: iPOD
tony mads usa Offline

Don & Don ... thnx... now, do you know a 12 or 7 year old I can ask ?!?!?! ...

Steve ... at least YOU were able to 'man-up' and admit you don't know the answer ...

Judging from the responses, I guess none of you have had this problem ...

Also Steve, thnx for the link and the tip about the Marian McPartland shows ... I've heard some of them on NPR and they are excellent ...
Do you have to keep the podcasts on your PC until you listen to them so that they 'sync up' whenever your adding something new?

thnx,
t.

#253475 - 01/14/09 01:23 PM Re: OT: iPOD
Stephenm52 Offline

Quote:
Don & Don ... thnx... now, do you know a 12 or 7 year old I can ask ?!?!?! ...

Steve ... at least YOU were able to 'man-up' and admit you don't know the answer ...

Judging from the responses, I guess none of you have had this problem ...

Also Steve, thnx for the link and the tip about the Marian McPartland shows ... I've heard some of them on NPR and they are excellent ...
Do you have to keep the podcasts on your PC until you listen to them so that they 'sync up' whenever your adding something new?

thnx,
t.

Tony, I have my PC set not to sync automatically. I manage the music myself since I have songs on a work computer and my laptop. If you manage the ipod yourself you can delete the podcasts off the PC once you load them to the ipod.

#253476 - 01/14/09 02:04 PM Re: OT: iPOD
Dnj Offline

I hate that whole sync routine on these players why can't they just make them usb and show as another drive drag & drop?????.....in my vehicles I only use SIRIUS satelite radio.......iPod imo is a ripoff. If I had to get one Id use only Creative labs units.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 01-14-2009).]

#253477 - 01/14/09 02:31 PM Re: OT: iPOD
tony mads usa Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
I hate that whole sync routine on these players why can't they just make them usb and show as another drive drag & drop?????.....in my vehicles I only use SIRIUS satelite radio.......iPod imo is a ripoff. If I had to get one Id use only Creative labs units.

Donny, First, I couldn't "look a gift horse in the mouth" ...
I agree with you on the points about the 'sync' ...and while I don't know if iPOD is a "rip-off", there are other features about 'apple' that I did not like, such as the fact that they would only give a store credit for Lydia's ... but we were able to get the speaker system instead ...
And now I always have my S-Z friends' songs with me ...
t.

#253478 - 01/14/09 02:35 PM Re: OT: iPOD
tony mads usa Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Kingfrog:
Load it with MP3s not Apple propietary DRM protected files just in case you want to transfer files to a different player or your computer and play them without digging up conversion software.
Not many people if any at all can tell the difference between an Mp3 at 320 VBR and EVEN a wav through a Music player,mp3 IS UNIVERSAL TO ANY PLAYER ANYWHERE.
[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 01-14-2009).]

Kingfrog ...The 'info' says the files are AAC audio files with an .m4a extension ...
t.

#253479 - 01/14/09 03:37 PM Re: OT: iPOD
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Donny, First, I couldn't "look a gift horse in the mouth" ...
I agree with you on the points about the 'sync' ...and while I don't know if iPOD is a "rip-off", there are other features about 'apple' that I did not like, such as the fact that they would only give a store credit for Lydia's ... but we were able to get the speaker system instead ...
And now I always have my S-Z friends' songs with me ...
t.

T...I hear you it just seems they always wantto force you buy from them......Id much rather plug it in USB ...it shows up as another drive & then you can drag & drop what ever files or delete songs etc etc ......all this itune, sync crap sux big time....thats whay I like Creative labs they let you do what you want mostly. On top of that my phone has loads of songs who needs an Ipod anymore....Blackberry's etc etc will be the norm soon. All in one how much do I have to acrry & charge, & worry about? Sheeeeeesh High Tech PHOOOOOEY!!!

GO EAGLES!!

#253480 - 01/14/09 06:25 PM Re: OT: iPOD
tony mads usa Offline

Quote:

Sheeeeeesh High Tech PHOOOOOEY!!!
GO EAGLES!!

Just think ... without hi-tech we would still be happily playing accordion ...
t.

#253481 - 01/14/09 08:45 PM Re: OT: iPOD
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Just think ... without hi-tech we would still be happily playing accordion ...
t.

Ahhhhhh "Unplugged"

#253482 - 01/14/09 10:08 PM Re: OT: iPOD
Kingfrog Offline

Quote:

I did not know Ipods did not show up as drives...Now That forces one to use ITunes doesn't it?

I just cannot stand Apple Core...and Verizon. Control freakin companies. Its no wonder Verizon turned down the Iphone first.

iphone

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 01-15-2009).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#253483 - 01/14/09 11:02 PM Re: OT: iPOD
hellboy44 Offline

Loc: Australia
I love iTunes.

What it does is let you have complete control over the organization and even "sound" of your music.

As someone who used to carry around a dozen different CDs for a dozen different types of gigs, (Top40, Country, RnR, Easy Listening, etc etc etc) now I organize all my music into Genres, or use Playlists (either on the fly or pre-done on the computer - easy) and control it all from my remote control (music volume Up/Down skip track FF RW) - this is for break music at gigs btw.

Very often I have some older recordings (as MP3s) - I'm talking 20's 30's 40's, that are often "Tinny" or muffled or certainly not sitting comfortably with more modern music "sound-wise". I can go into iTunes and EQ each song individually (with pretty decent EQ presets) and boost or lower volumes of individual songs as needed, and the iPod remembers these settings for each and every song - there's more to iTunes as well, but you see what I'm saying.

You get as much out of iTunes as you put into it - I promise.

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

#253484 - 01/15/09 12:36 AM Re: OT: iPOD
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I was about to write a post but Hellboy said everything I had on my mind. I feel I Tunes has gone a step further to help people enjoy their music. I have all my songs and many of my friend’s songs on the Ipod, plus my favorite types of music – it’s great.

John C.

#253485 - 01/15/09 02:54 AM Re: OT: iPOD
Anonymous
Unregistered

Everyone gets hung up on the iPod, but it's iTunes that makes the difference. There's nothing remotely comparable for flexibility, features and ease of use. iPod+iTunes is a hardware/software combination that stands astride the industry like a colossus - and deservedly so.

Quick newsflash for Kingfrog (above) - Apple announced last week that they have gained agreement from the labels to remove DRM from iTunes. Keep up at the back!!

#253487 - 01/15/09 05:51 AM Re: OT: iPOD
Stephenm52 Offline

Of course you also can buy MP3 downloadable files from Amazon then import into iTunes, giving you more flexibility.

Keep an eye out for Verizon/Apple/iPod there's something in the works right now. The real question is whether they will come to an agreement.

#253488 - 01/15/09 07:25 AM Re: OT: iPOD
Dnj Offline

#253489 - 01/15/09 09:19 AM Re: OT: iPOD
Kingfrog Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Seamaster:
Everyone gets hung up on the iPod, but it's iTunes that makes the difference. There's nothing remotely comparable for flexibility, features and ease of use. iPod+iTunes is a hardware/software combination that stands astride the industry like a colossus - and deservedly so.

Quick newsflash for Kingfrog (above) - Apple announced last week that they have gained agreement from the labels to remove DRM from iTunes. Keep up at the back!!

Yeah I miss that flavor.. I don;t read the "Apple News" every day.......Still would rather have complete control and have my players how up as just another drive. There are plenty of programs that does what iTunes does and a CHOICE of media streamers....what a concept.

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 01-15-2009).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#253490 - 01/15/09 10:42 AM Re: OT: iPOD
Dnj Offline

ipod a Mic & PA system .......
musical performance of the future YUK!!

#253492 - 01/15/09 01:18 PM Re: OT: iPOD
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BBBB:
Donny: The future is already here!LOL! Enjoy your beignets!Brian

Yummmmy!!! all that powdered sugar on my face oh yeah!!

#253493 - 01/19/09 07:57 PM Re: OT: iPOD
church Offline

Loc: Fremont,CA.
Quote:

thnx,
t.

I got the 2nd Generation touch iPod 16 GB.
I love it.It's my 1st apple product.
True,iTune is the one that controls everything.It is not a Drive.
I have 6 movies
59 Photos
7apps.
1,094 songs.
Have 11.16 GB space left
I use a converter to iPod for the movies called: FormatFactory FREE.
Use a converter for Youtube to iPod called:Tube Tilla the FREE one.
Both are easy friendly all the way.
You can read my review from Best Buy http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8772072&type=product&id=1204332254492
By rcca from Fremont, because I would take 10min.s to type more about it.
I have had no problems with it.
Crashed once held down on/off home button reset, all went well.
To go into details,and instruction you have to down load the Guide PDF from Apple, it helped me a lot.
I have dropped it once.Fell on the cement, on the back part of the IPod.
Got a case, no worries now.
Typing on it can be a problem if your fingers are large like mine.
I ordered a Pogo Stylus made for the iPhone, and the ipod touch.
It should be here by Tues. or Wed.
That's it for now.having a blast with it.
Peter Baartmans looks and sounds good on my iPod.
Ron C.
I got $15.00 off. was on sale that day.

[This message has been edited by church (edited 01-19-2009).]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online