SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#253469 - 01/14/09 09:54 AM OT: iPOD
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
OK, I've just entered the world of the iPOD ... YEAH, I KNOW, but it is just one of those toys that I COULD live without, so I never spent the money... BUT, this year our kids gave me and Lydia one each ... we have since traded hers in for a docking station ...

I have primarily been D/L some of my CDs ... I notice that from time to time during iPOD playback there will be a 'break' in the 'recording' on the iPOD ... it goes mute and when it comes on it is at the spot it should be, not where it left off, if you know what I mean. It's almost like something 'interrupted' the system during transmission somewhere along the line ...
Anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this?

thnx,
t.

PS ... of course now that I HAVE an iPOD, I am really enjoying it ...

#253470 - 01/14/09 10:15 AM Re: OT: iPOD
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I don't know. Ask any 12-year-old.

DonM

#253471 - 01/14/09 11:08 AM Re: OT: iPOD
Dnj Offline

T thats a kids question 12yr old?.....
no way 7 yr old is better

#253472 - 01/14/09 12:06 PM Re: OT: iPOD
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
OK, I've just entered the world of the iPOD ... YEAH, I KNOW, but it is just one of those toys that I COULD live without, so I never spent the money... BUT, this year our kids gave me and Lydia one each ... we have since traded hers in for a docking station ...

I have primarily been D/L some of my CDs ... I notice that from time to time during iPOD playback there will be a 'break' in the 'recording' on the iPOD ... it goes mute and when it comes on it is at the spot it should be, not where it left off, if you know what I mean. It's almost like something 'interrupted' the system during transmission somewhere along the line ...
Anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this?

thnx,
t.

PS ... of course now that I HAVE an iPOD, I am really enjoying it ...

Tony I can't answer that question but there's a forum for iPods problems and discussions. Head over there at the link below:
http://forums.ilounge.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1

Tony, interesting though. I could not live without my iPod. But............I have an 1.5 hour daily commute, I got tired of talk radio some years ago. Ironically enough, I don't listen to as much music as I do "Podcasts" There are literally thousands of "Podcasts" that you can download for free via the iTunes store. Subject can be anything from learning the theory behind jazz piano to cooking, to computer tech stuff to one of my favorites " Jazz Piano Shorts" the NPR show that pianist Marian McPartland hosts. The advantage to the Podcast is that you can listen when you want and have the time. Check them out, I think you'll be in for a surprise of what's available.

#253473 - 01/14/09 01:10 PM Re: OT: iPOD
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Load it with MP3s not Apple propietary DRM protected files just in case you want to transfer files to a different player or your computer and play them without digging up conversion software.

Not many people if any at all can tell the difference between an Mp3 at 320 VBR and EVEN a wav through a Music player,mp3 IS UNIVERSAL TO ANY PLAYER ANYWHERE.

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 01-14-2009).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#253474 - 01/14/09 01:13 PM Re: OT: iPOD
tony mads usa Offline

Don & Don ... thnx... now, do you know a 12 or 7 year old I can ask ?!?!?! ...

Steve ... at least YOU were able to 'man-up' and admit you don't know the answer ...

Judging from the responses, I guess none of you have had this problem ...

Also Steve, thnx for the link and the tip about the Marian McPartland shows ... I've heard some of them on NPR and they are excellent ...
Do you have to keep the podcasts on your PC until you listen to them so that they 'sync up' whenever your adding something new?

thnx,
t.

#253475 - 01/14/09 01:23 PM Re: OT: iPOD
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
Don & Don ... thnx... now, do you know a 12 or 7 year old I can ask ?!?!?! ...

Steve ... at least YOU were able to 'man-up' and admit you don't know the answer ...

Judging from the responses, I guess none of you have had this problem ...

Also Steve, thnx for the link and the tip about the Marian McPartland shows ... I've heard some of them on NPR and they are excellent ...
Do you have to keep the podcasts on your PC until you listen to them so that they 'sync up' whenever your adding something new?

thnx,
t.

Tony, I have my PC set not to sync automatically. I manage the music myself since I have songs on a work computer and my laptop. If you manage the ipod yourself you can delete the podcasts off the PC once you load them to the ipod.

#253476 - 01/14/09 02:04 PM Re: OT: iPOD
Dnj Offline

I hate that whole sync routine on these players why can't they just make them usb and show as another drive drag & drop?????.....in my vehicles I only use SIRIUS satelite radio.......iPod imo is a ripoff. If I had to get one Id use only Creative labs units.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 01-14-2009).]

#253477 - 01/14/09 02:31 PM Re: OT: iPOD
tony mads usa Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
I hate that whole sync routine on these players why can't they just make them usb and show as another drive drag & drop?????.....in my vehicles I only use SIRIUS satelite radio.......iPod imo is a ripoff. If I had to get one Id use only Creative labs units.
[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 01-14-2009).]

Donny, First, I couldn't "look a gift horse in the mouth" ...
I agree with you on the points about the 'sync' ...and while I don't know if iPOD is a "rip-off", there are other features about 'apple' that I did not like, such as the fact that they would only give a store credit for Lydia's ... but we were able to get the speaker system instead ...
And now I always have my S-Z friends' songs with me ...
t.

#253478 - 01/14/09 02:35 PM Re: OT: iPOD
tony mads usa Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Kingfrog:
Load it with MP3s not Apple propietary DRM protected files just in case you want to transfer files to a different player or your computer and play them without digging up conversion software.
Not many people if any at all can tell the difference between an Mp3 at 320 VBR and EVEN a wav through a Music player,mp3 IS UNIVERSAL TO ANY PLAYER ANYWHERE.
[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 01-14-2009).]

Kingfrog ...The 'info' says the files are AAC audio files with an .m4a extension ...
t.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online