SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16 >
Topic Options
#253058 - 01/16/09 07:17 AM Re: 09 Shreveport Arranger Jam!
Dnj Offline

We'll use it all Don don't you worry.....just set em up baby!!

We're there to Jam!!

#253059 - 01/16/09 10:00 AM Re: 09 Shreveport Arranger Jam!
Dnj Offline

48 hours to go !!!.....

#253060 - 01/17/09 09:21 PM Re: 09 Shreveport Arranger Jam!
Dnj Offline

5 Hours to go.....I'm coming off a double & can't seep I'm so excited

#253061 - 01/18/09 08:27 AM Re: 09 Shreveport Arranger Jam!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
It's JAM morning. Sun is shining and heading toward 66. Semilive is coming over to help me and Hank set gear up.
Players should start arriving after noon. At least 30 have told me they are coming.
Susan has cooked 5 gallons of Gumbo and JayR is bringing Pulled Pork Sandwiches.
AJ will be demonstrating the Audya about 5:00 p.m. and again Monday at noon.
After the Jam session tonight, anyone who wants to can come to my house to watch the football playoffs. Good old Tivo--the musician's best friend.
Tuesday night, those still here are coming to Ernest's to "help" with my regular "gig".
I plan to take most of the night off and let the other guys do the work.
I wish everyone come come!
DonM

#253062 - 01/18/09 08:36 AM Re: 09 Shreveport Arranger Jam!
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Sounds like you guys are going to have a ball. I'm looking forward to seeing the DVD, hope everything goes well, and with any kind of luck, the Ravens will be headed to the Super Bowl. I'm heading out to play a corporate party today, then a single every day next week.

Keep us posted, Don, and keep up the good work,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#253063 - 01/18/09 08:47 AM Re: 09 Shreveport Arranger Jam!
DonM Offline

More Great News--Hammer just called and he can come after all. We'll have another Tyros 3 to play with. He's on the way now from Denton, TX.
DonM

#253064 - 01/18/09 10:26 AM Re: 09 Shreveport Arranger Jam!
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Sounds like you guys are going to have a ball. I'm looking forward to seeing the DVD, hope everything goes well, and with any kind of luck, the STEELERS will be headed to the Super Bowl. I'm heading out to play a corporate party today, then a single every day next week.

Keep us posted, Don, and keep up the good work,

Gary

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#253065 - 01/18/09 11:17 AM Re: 09 Shreveport Arranger Jam!
DonM Offline

Bad News. Fran has come down with a virus and didn't make the trip. Just heard from DNJ, and he and Joe are on the way from Dallas and will be here about 4.
I'm loading up to go set up now.
More 2nite!
DonM

#253066 - 01/18/09 10:32 PM Re: 09 Shreveport Arranger Jam!
DonM Offline

All I can say is: You shoulda been here!
What a great session we had. DNJ and Joe Ayala can sound downright country when they try. Both great pickers and singers, and SHOWMEN, they blew everybody away.
Hammer had the Tyros 3 shining. There were several other Yammie players, using S900s, PSR 3000, and 2000. Vince Ramos put the SD1 through it's paces. Janet sounded great on the S900, as did Mike. Semilive Bill P. had his antique PSR2000 and his guitar and sounded outstanding on both.
Joe Lee was so busy video-taping everything, we never got around to letting him play, but we will tomorrow. Jay R brought great sandwiches, but he didn't play either--said he wanted to listen and learn, as did Don Patterson.
There were seven keyboards and a guitar all routed to the Bose L1 through two mixers, and everybody sounded great. I used a Peavey 12-channel mixer as the main mixer and 12-channel Behringer as a sub mixer.
There were wires everywhere, but it WORKED.
AJ arrived with the Audya about 5:30. He did a short demo that quickly turned into two hours. He will also have it there for us tomorrow at noon before having to catch a plane.
I think most everyone was impressed by the Audya. What interested me most was the wonderful real-time control the player has. Many assignable sliders and buttons, several inter-active features, three intros and endings plus fills and three BREAKS per style. The list of real-time features is really long and I've only touched on a few, but one was that the bass and style parts seem to "learn" what you are playing and add variety to what they did, based upon your playing pattern. Hard to explain, but great to hear.
The sound was next to incredible. You would think a live band was performing for you.
For Dikki, I had AJ play every type of chord he knew and the arranger played them flawlessly. He also told me that the audio styles were user programmable, but it takes a lot of work because they are quite complex.
There are 360 factory styles, and I think he said 85 percent of them use audio. The ones that didn't still sounded really good. It's hard to explain, but they seem to have really done the homework on this thing.
Of course it took about three years, so it SHOULD be right
The vocal harmonizer sounded great, and there are real-time sliders for both the lead vocal and harmony parts. I'm sure he will get deeper into the harmonizer features tomorrow. There are two XLR inputs, each with input level controls.
There are four audio outs PLUS two stereo outs, plus Aux outs and aux ins.
I haven't heard another arranger piano sound as good as this one.
I wasn't crazy about the location of the style controls--in the middle--but AJ said they had to put them there in order to not compromise the size and length of the sliders, which are on the left, where I wish the style controls were. The pb and mod wheels are above the left hand, as they were on SD1 I think. Workable, but not ideal to me.
Halfway through the demo, I got up and put a for sale sign on my E50. But it's not for sale as I think it's the best low-price arranger on the market as far as my needs go.
Even after I get the Audya, I will keep it as back up, probably.
If there are specific questions you have for AJ, I'll try to get them answered tomorrow.
As for me, I'll most likely have to have one pretty soon.
DonM

#253067 - 01/18/09 11:00 PM Re: 09 Shreveport Arranger Jam!
Dnj Offline

Let me start by saying that I Love SUSAN MASON'S gumbo!!!! and let me tell you these Southern Folk really make ya feel at home Southern hospitality is no myth in Louisiana.After 5 Minutes I felt so comfortable & engaged in the musical festivities....people playing great music, dancing, in a great room right on the lake with a super view!! Being the Eagles lost I needed this fantastic party to put me in good spirits. Don really did it this time & is a tremendous master of ceremonies making all feel comfy.Jammin with the boyz was awesome so many great musicians & singers like Hank B, Dale, Joe Lee, Bill,Hsmmer, AJ, some Ol'Hayride boyz too "Grand Old Opre", etc, & good ladie singers too.
We had a great time on the first night more to follow in the days to come. Stay tuned!

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 01-19-2009).]

Page 4 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online