SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#252710 - 01/06/09 02:34 PM Re: Rolands Great UltimateX Grand Piano was Sampled from which Grand Piano???
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Donny, you got to learn some newer dance steps!

How about 'Cha cha now y'all!' from time to time?

#252711 - 01/06/09 02:41 PM Re: Rolands Great UltimateX Grand Piano was Sampled from which Grand Piano???
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
And the rumor mill grinds on. There are NO inconsistent notes on my G70, the same piano was used for them all.

Sure doesn't sound like the same piano was used...I wasn't impressed at all.

Mid-range notes are the worst culprits.

Are you sure you listened to each note carefully in relation to the others...especially in the middle?

Some of those notes were awfully tight and had different decays...I remember how surprised I was at hearing them, especially after all the hype.

#252712 - 01/06/09 02:42 PM Re: Rolands Great UltimateX Grand Piano was Sampled from which Grand Piano???
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I don't know Dennis. Diki says Yamaha pianos are all thin, Roland is much better, and the beat goes on. From my perspective their is not a lot of information here that arranger keyboard players can apply to their keyboards to make them sound better. It's kind of like the post a few months ago where someone asked for members to post their grand piano sounds using a particular midi file. I emailed mine to Diki and never heard a word one way or another. No constructive criticism, no anything. I guess I must be missing the point, or maybe I've been here too long. Time for a margaretta.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#252713 - 01/06/09 02:44 PM Re: Rolands Great UltimateX Grand Piano was Sampled from which Grand Piano???
Diki Offline

Best thing about this thread, at least, Gary, is unlike every other pissing contest here, you can go to Purgatory Creek and actually LISTEN to all the examples. You can HEAR what each one sounds like, and then decide if you agree or not with a poster.

Unlike most pissing contests here, where NOBODY is willing to illustrate their points with any actual audio...

Play the FantomX Ultimate Grand file. Play the PSR S900 file.

I rest my case.

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 01-06-2009).]

#252714 - 01/06/09 02:46 PM Re: Rolands Great UltimateX Grand Piano was Sampled from which Grand Piano???
ianmcnll Offline

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 01-07-2009).]

#252715 - 01/06/09 02:52 PM Re: Rolands Great UltimateX Grand Piano was Sampled from which Grand Piano???
Diki Offline

And sorry, Gary, but I don't recall getting any file from you. Maybe my spam filter caught it? Did you follow up?

Maybe you assume if you don't get a reply to an email, the other person is simply ignoring you. Me, I'm not that paranoid I simply assume they never got it...

#252716 - 01/06/09 03:39 PM Re: Rolands Great UltimateX Grand Piano was Sampled from which Grand Piano???
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Diki,

I sent it, then waited a week and emailed you a follow-up, and still didn't get a reply, so I figured you just didn't care to respond. I had no idea that you didn't get the emails because they didn't come back to me as rejected.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#252717 - 01/06/09 03:43 PM Re: Rolands Great UltimateX Grand Piano was Sampled from which Grand Piano???
Diki Offline

Sorry, Gary... I checked and haven't found it. I guess my spam filter got you.

Sorry. Ian and chas etc. will tell you I reply to things when I get them...

#252718 - 01/07/09 03:47 AM Re: Rolands Great UltimateX Grand Piano was Sampled from which Grand Piano???
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
[B
'It is well known' that all Canadiens are incestuous wife beaters... I heard it from a guy that heard it from a guy that used to watch Fox News. So it MUST be true

[/B]

Thankfully we Canadians are unlike those awful "Canadiens" who are rumored to live much further south, past the border.

BTW...how are things in Floride?

Ian

#252719 - 01/07/09 09:03 AM Re: Rolands Great UltimateX Grand Piano was Sampled from which Grand Piano???
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
The problem is NO ONE can without a doubt claim universally any particular piano brand is better then any other whether wood or digital. Yet many try even with the forceful statements are followed by or lead with "IMO" "to my ears" and the rest of the disclaimers. May as well use the word "virtually"

Its all a matter of personal taste. Even those far far more successful then anyone on this board with multi Platinum decades of world renown success has an "opinion" and chooses a particular brand. Any brand they want and manufacturers are doing back flips praying to be the chosen one either for an endorsement deal or just free provision.

The problem comes when someone's opinion gets trashed, because someone else wants the edge on credibility, He with the most credibility is "right" The most vocal and vitriolic need the cred more than others.

Does Elton "Yamaha" John have any more credibility than Billy "Baldwin" Bosendorfer" Joel? These guys get their pianos pretty much donated or have endorsement deals and they can chose any brand they want to play in front of 30,000 or on Multi Platinum recordings.

I wonder if Billy and Elton have pissing contests on Baldwin vs Yamaha. I seriously doubt it.

Some major players choose the Motif some Choose Roland other Korg. Many can get any manufacturer's instrument they want. Apparently one believes there is no single leading brand. Especially in the digital world.

EVERY manufacturer makes the BEST board for someone. Those who don't are rarely seen on major tours.

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 01-07-2009).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online