SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#252700 - 01/06/09 02:05 PM Re: Rolands Great UltimateX Grand Piano was Sampled from which Grand Piano???
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
Good example Dennis.... The S90ES's piano was very much liked by many. Didn't Yamaha offer that particular sample as a download for the Motif XS too (due to how popular it was with S90 owners)?

Squeak, as far as I know, they didn't.

I do remember on the forums though, the Motif owners commenting (complaining??) on why the S90es got it but none of the Motif ES line did. And questions asked of Yamaha as to would made available.

I also think one of the stumbling blocks was the actual sample size of that piano and the available (at the time) memory capacity of the Motif line.

The XS of course has no problem with the memory capacity but I suspect Yamaha have moved on.But I have heard that some owners of the XS STILL think the S90es piano is better.

It was (still is) a great piano sample.

Dennis

EDITED: Sorry Squeak, misread your post. You asked about the XS, I thought ES. My comments above are directed at the ES line.

As for it being available for the XS line, I don't know.

[This message has been edited by miden (edited 01-06-2009).]

#252701 - 01/06/09 02:07 PM Re: Rolands Great UltimateX Grand Piano was Sampled from which Grand Piano???
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
And is all up at Purgatory Creek.

Make your OWN minds up....

#252702 - 01/06/09 02:07 PM Re: Rolands Great UltimateX Grand Piano was Sampled from which Grand Piano???
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Dennis,

Yeah..., I do remember seeing the posts about this piano sample and requests for it. Wasn't sure if Yammie offered it up or not.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#252703 - 01/06/09 02:08 PM Re: Rolands Great UltimateX Grand Piano was Sampled from which Grand Piano???
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
In reality, they're all pretty damned good--some are slightly better than others, but only slightly. A piano is probably among the most complex of all musical instruments, and duplicating the sound of an expensive Grand Piano from top to bottom is nearly impossible, especially in the higher range. Lets be honest. Very few players play the upper octaves, and very few play the extremely low octaves, including individuals that play piano. I find it amazing how quickly this thread turned into an instant pissing contest, and it's equally amazing at the number of so-called experts on the subject. Fortunately, I'm not an expert on anything, plus I'm old, feeble and somewhat deaf, therefore, I no longer have to rely on piano sounds alone on my 700-voice arranger keyboard.

Rant On!

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#252704 - 01/06/09 02:18 PM Re: Rolands Great UltimateX Grand Piano was Sampled from which Grand Piano???
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
But it IS telling how you pick a CP series piano, and NOT the T3 or S900, which you currently have...

Me, I'll take the G70 piano over anything... Just MIDI it to a wood 88 if you GOT to have the action and you're in business

After all, this IS an arranger forum, ain't it?

You don't seem to mind compromising, Diki...but I'm not...I like a piano to actually feel like a piano.

I need/want 88 hammer action keys...the G70, T3 and S900 don't have them...they are fine as arrangers, but woefully lacking as a piano substitute.

I can only imagine how weary one would get dragging around a big heavy G70 AND a weighted action 88 note controller/keyboard.

I'll stick with the S900 and the P85, thank you very much.

And yes, this is an arranger forum, but the topic included digital pianos.

Ian

#252705 - 01/06/09 02:18 PM Re: Rolands Great UltimateX Grand Piano was Sampled from which Grand Piano???
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
I find it amazing how quickly this thread turned into an instant pissing contest, and it's equally amazing at the number of so-called experts on the subject.
Rant On!

Gary

Gary this is one of the few times I disagree with you.

As far as I can tell NO-ONE on this thread has called themselves an expert,and I don't think this thread is in anyway a "pissing contest".

Why does it have to be called that, anytime two or more folks here have a differing opinion.

So if someone thinks its a cool day, and someone thinks its a warm day, is THAT a "pissing contest" too?

I think the term "pissing contest" is thrown out there far too easily and glibly, and sometimes applied to threads (and not just this one either) where it does not belong.

Dennis

#252706 - 01/06/09 02:20 PM Re: Rolands Great UltimateX Grand Piano was Sampled from which Grand Piano???
squeak_D Offline

Agreed! It seems that every time members here disagree it's labled a pissing contest. Sure we do our share of "making rainbows" on this forum.., but not all the disagreements are reduced to that.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#252707 - 01/06/09 02:20 PM Re: Rolands Great UltimateX Grand Piano was Sampled from which Grand Piano???
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
And the rumor mill grinds on. There are NO inconsistent notes on my G70, the same piano was used for them all.

'It is well known' that Yamaha uses child slave labor in their factories. Hey, I heard it from a Roland rep, so it MUST be true, eh Ian?

'It is well known' that all Canadiens are incestuous wife beaters... I heard it from a guy that heard it from a guy that used to watch Fox News. So it MUST be true

"It is well known' that Ian doesn't exist at all. It is merely Donny using a different ISP and handle, just to drum up drama. Fran told me personally, so it MUST be true

#252708 - 01/06/09 02:25 PM Re: Rolands Great UltimateX Grand Piano was Sampled from which Grand Piano???
squeak_D Offline

Posted by Diki:
--------------------------------------------
'It is well known' that Yamaha uses child slave labor in their factories. Hey, I heard it from a Roland rep, so it MUST be true, eh Ian?
--------------------------------------------

That's a good one Diki!!!!!!

#252709 - 01/06/09 02:30 PM Re: Rolands Great UltimateX Grand Piano was Sampled from which Grand Piano???
Dnj Offline

One, Two, Cha, Cha, Cha,

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online