SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#252564 - 01/04/09 11:22 AM Re: Waltz for Debby...Roland FP-4
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Right here is one of the main reasons to record using MIDI first... You've got to replay the thing again, now, whereas if you had made a MIDI file first, it would be a simple press 'play' and you are done!

Not to mention that with MIDI, especially for a more critical use, it would be a piece of cake to rescue an inspired take with one flub in it...

I also use MIDI to capture my arranger noodles in their entirety. It makes it a LOT easier to decide if the played vs. arranger parts are in balance. I am always amazed how loud most of us like the parts that WE played to be, even when it isn't strictly correct for a complete mix... The sequencer allows an easy adjustment into balance after the fact, and still doesn't compromise the 'pure' recording of what you played live, if that's what you are after!

Don't neglect that simple MIDI recorder in your gear... It'll save you hours, sometimes!

#252565 - 01/04/09 11:50 AM Re: Waltz for Debby...Roland FP-4
pasadoble Offline

Loc: Portsmouth, England.UK
Good point Diki...I did record it into the FP-4 midi recorder first, sadly it's lost when I turn the instrument off, it was not an important recording, just a throw away, I quite agree for more serious work midi recording is a must,, so listen up people Diki's got a valid point...not going to be able to redo it now as somethings come up but look out for more from me in Feb when I'll be recovered from my op.

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Right here is one of the main reasons to record using MIDI first... You've got to replay the thing again, now, whereas if you had made a MIDI file first, it would be a simple press 'play' and you are done!

Not to mention that with MIDI, especially for a more critical use, it would be a piece of cake to rescue an inspired take with one flub in it...

I also use MIDI to capture my arranger noodles in their entirety. It makes it a LOT easier to decide if the played vs. arranger parts are in balance. I am always amazed how loud most of us like the parts that WE played to be, even when it isn't strictly correct for a complete mix... The sequencer allows an easy adjustment into balance after the fact, and still doesn't compromise the 'pure' recording of what you played live, if that's what you are after!

Don't neglect that simple MIDI recorder in your gear... It'll save you hours, sometimes!

#252566 - 01/04/09 07:41 PM Re: Waltz for Debby...Roland FP-4
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
NICE WORK!
Enjoyed it.
Refreshing to actually hear somebody play piano. takes me back to better days.
Thanks for sharing,
Bebop

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online