SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#251978 - 12/28/08 03:52 AM Is there any thing better than Bose L1 model 2?
sunny152 Offline

Loc: ap
I have Logitech z5500 speaker system and now i wan't to upgrade to a better speaker system for playing Tyros3 on the stage.
I need your advice.Please help.

Thanks,
Sunny

#251979 - 12/28/08 04:08 AM Re: Is there any thing better than Bose L1 model 2?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Is there any thing better than Bose L1 model 2?

The Yamaha Stagepas 500/300...much less expensive, too.

Ian

#251980 - 12/28/08 04:16 AM Re: Is there any thing better than Bose L1 model 2?
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Look at HK audio,very nice sound and german quality > http://www.hkaudio.com/products.php?ptype=ps&mode=prod&id=69&pk_id=22&sub=facts
Or > http://www.fohhn.com/index.php?id=12&L=1&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=290&cHash=938d0f0535

Impuls

#251981 - 12/28/08 05:50 AM Re: Is there any thing better than Bose L1 model 2?
Dnj Offline

http://www.tapcoworld.com/products/thump15a/index.html

I love the sound & weight of these units ...

Sunny I guess you dont like the Bose sound for you to ask if there is better? More so its what you put through it then the system itself.....again take your KB go to the store and A/B as many systems as you can at full stage volume then make a decision..

DO NOT listen to anyone here ....its a personal decision that can only be made by YOU ALONE!

Good Luck...I personally didn't like my Bose PAS after using it a few months & promptly sold it.
Or come to the Jam in Shreveport LA Jan 18,19,20,21.. we'll have a few BOSE systems setup for you to try there.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 12-28-2008).]

#251982 - 12/28/08 07:21 AM Re: Is there any thing better than Bose L1 model 2?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Is there anything better than the Bose L1 or Model II? NO

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#251983 - 12/28/08 07:46 AM Re: Is there any thing better than Bose L1 model 2?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
DO NOT listen to anyone here...

Great advice Donny.

Let's hope they ignore the rest of your post...

#251984 - 12/28/08 07:51 AM Re: Is there any thing better than Bose L1 model 2?
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
http://www.tapcoworld.com/products/thump15a/index.html

I love the sound & weight of these units ...

Sunny I guess you dont like the Bose sound for you to ask if there is better? More so its what you put through it then the system itself.....again take your KB go to the store and A/B as many systems as you can at full stage volume then make a decision..

DO NOT listen to anyone here ....its a personal decision that can only be made by YOU ALONE!

Good Luck...I personally didn't like my Bose PAS after using it a few months & promptly sold it.
Or come to the Jam in Shreveport LA Jan 18,19,20,21.. we'll have a few BOSE systems setup for you to try there.

Don-I think I know the point you're trying to get across here but to actually say to not listen to anyone is an exaggeration.

YES, hands on, with your actual rig is the optimal settings to audition a new piece, but there is quite a bit to be learned from reading others experiences both good & bad.

Actually, I'd say for the record the absolute best way to decide if a new piece of equipment is right for anyone is to do your homework...research the item as much as you can on the 'net. Read the comments posted on the user forums, spend time looking at the owners manual, etc.

If you do your homework and are able to actually put hands on, then you've done about all you can do to help you make a decision...

Lord knows, Don-I've listened to your thoughts on stuff and found it to be very helpful...

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#251985 - 12/28/08 07:58 AM Re: Is there any thing better than Bose L1 model 2?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
DO NOT listen to anyone here ...

Pay No Attention To The Man Behind The Curtain...

If you like what you hear from the Logitech Z-5500, you'll love the Bose L1 and Model II. And, if you do not like what you hear, Bose will allow you to return the system within 45 days for a full refund--no questions asked.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#251986 - 12/28/08 08:01 AM Re: Is there any thing better than Bose L1 model 2?
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
I happen to like the Yamaha StagePAS 500 system myself. Sound quality is subjective of course; I like the form factor (I put the little mixer right at my keyboard rig) and the sound is quite good - not as good as a Meyer Sound system (which costs alot more) but great for most gigs I do for a few hundred people or less.

Jim

#251987 - 12/28/08 08:23 AM Re: Is there any thing better than Bose L1 model 2?
Dnj Offline

Bill first off the word "BETTER" in the topic title is pissin' contest fuel right from the start........I'm very fickle when it comes to gear as you & everyone knows... ...but Ive been in the game LONG enough to know a few things & smart enough to keep my eyes & ears open to New Things also... Most of the top respectable brands of Audio reinforcement gear of today & some from yesterday too are excellent & do the job admirably for sure.
What you play though them is a huge factor.....How you play & your playing ability is of extreme importance, and then there is the PERSONAL OPINION factor which is beyond anything listed here. Then we have playing in your house with some computer system speakers vs performing professionally ON STAGE...let's throw in how you set up, do you use a mixer? do you REALLY know how to EQ your sound specifically for EACH ROOM or are you a standard "SMILEY" frequency kind of guy?
Are you comfortable transporting your audio system & setting it up day after day? What does it sound like "PUSHED to it's limits versus a low key cocktail hour?" How much does it weigh? Is there enough bottom end?.....Not to be harsh...but believe me when I say don't listen to anyone, there is NO "CLONE THINKING" for your sound... ....use YOUR EARS...Home work is OK for some buying scenarios but when it comes to musical gear, It's YOU, YOUR EARS,YOUR COMFORT ZONE, YOUR POCKET, plain & simple.

Be a Leader .... NOT a Follower
And dont let the High price of the bose blur you concious....I dumped mine because it wasn't doing the job for my music, I dont need to substanciate spending $2500.00 on a system....No offense.. then we have people claiming a $200.00 PC game system sounds just as good as the BOSE?...if thats the case go buy 10 Logitech Z systems and stack em high to the ceiling... Pallleeeeaaassseee!

Again USE YOUR EARS......NOT YOUR POCKETS!

Enjoy

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online