SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#251749 - 12/24/08 01:41 PM Re: Double-keyboard stand
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Dennis, for two or three tiers the Apex is hard to beat..

As a single tier, I also like my V-stand....and as for support (company) ..Ultimate Support is unmatched..

#251750 - 12/24/08 01:55 PM Re: Double-keyboard stand
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:

As a single tier, I also like my V-stand....and as for support (company) ..Ultimate Support is unmatched..

Agreed on all counts Fran! Love mine, plus the great attached MIC BOOM on the apex deluxe....who wants to carry extra gear.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 12-24-2008).]

#251751 - 12/24/08 01:56 PM Re: Double-keyboard stand
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Dennis
The M92 is rock solid, but if it is too low, it is. I have older tabletop stand and the second tier you are thinking of. Make sure they work together as mine won't. Maybe yours is different. Just a thought.

#251752 - 12/24/08 02:05 PM Re: Double-keyboard stand
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
If you want one that in fact does keep them organ like AND IS VERY SOLID....On stage stands is the way to go...see Sweetwater sound, just look under on stage stands.

I have a pretty heavy Korg PA2XPRO on top and a CME 76 er on the bottem. SOLID.

BUT, I have the Korg front situated on two rubber pads right on the CME...then the back is supported by the on stage 2nd tier WITHOUT the arms on (once agan two rubber pads on the posts.

Lee

#251753 - 12/24/08 04:14 PM Re: Double-keyboard stand
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:

Yeah agree with you there Fran.. I had an Apex stand and I currently have the V-Stand, but the upper tier attachement doesn't work for me quite in the way I need, plus I do find it a little bit wobbly, but just a little , nothing like the Proel.

But when I started to accumulate pedals (of the multi variety, I found the cross bar (floor) got in the way when trying to place them when sitting to play.

The On-Stage one is the latest model, and the catalogue, and specs, from Onstage says the universal upper tier does fit to it, so I can only go on that.

#251754 - 12/24/08 04:21 PM Re: Double-keyboard stand
miden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bernie9:
Dennis
The M92 is rock solid, but if it is too low, it is. I have older tabletop stand and the second tier you are thinking of. Make sure they work together as mine won't. Maybe yours is different. Just a thought.

Okay, cool Bernie...It's just looks from the image to not have a lot of sideways support, but I always go with the views of someone who is using a bit of gear!!

As for the On-Stage, I got the catalogue, and specs, from Onstage and they all say the universal upper tier does fit to it, so I can only go on that. My music dealer (approx 300 klms away) doesn't carry them in stock,
so as I said I can only trust what On-Stage say.

Main reason is it goes up to 110cms which is perfect for me.

But I have taken on what you said, and it will be the first thing I check!!

If it doesn't, it will be on the first truck back

Dennis

#251755 - 12/26/08 11:51 AM Re: Double-keyboard stand
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Dennis,
I have had my Kurzweil K2600X ( Heavy) AND a Korg PA2XPRO on the On Stage Stands model with 2 tiers, no problem...solid as a rock.

The legs are long enough that that typical rock forward and back is minimizd. (like on some X stands)

It is not quite as heavily built as the Quick Lock model I have, but good enough I believe.

Lee

#251756 - 12/26/08 01:08 PM Re: Double-keyboard stand
miden Offline

Thanks Lee.
The On-Stage looks good. First time user for me, as I usually go the Ultimate/Quiklok route, so it's good to get + user feedback.

Dennis

#251757 - 12/26/08 02:25 PM Re: Double-keyboard stand
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
My second choice(as I am 5'8") would be On Stage, probably the best bang for the buck. I have their double X stand,tripod music stand,Universal 2nd tier,and telescoping mic boom. I am happy with all of them.
Bernie

#251758 - 12/26/08 02:40 PM Re: Double-keyboard stand
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Dennis, I use the On Stage model KS7150 for my Nord C1. Best $49.00 single-keyboard stand made, especially for anyone using lots of foot pedals or an organ pedalboard (it's about the only one that fits my PK7a and is also high enough for a 6'5" organ player like me to comfortably fit under it. I have the KS7500 second tier but in my opinion, it sucks. It seems (to me) that no amount of adjustment will make it perfectly level and balanced. YMMV. The best stand (that I have, and I have 6 or7) for second tier setback is a heavy duty Quik-Lok (don't have the model # handy). I have my PA1x Pro on the bottom and my VP550 on the top - no problem seeing and getting to everything on the Korg with only about six inches of elevation.

I hesitate to recommend anything because it depends so much on the layout of the bottom keyboard and how comfortable you are with the height of the top keyboard.

chas

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online