SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#251739 - 12/23/08 06:34 PM Double-keyboard stand
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I have an Apex, a double-X and aa atable-style with second tier. I really don't care for any of them because the upper keyboard overhangs too much over the lower so you have to separate them too much to see controls and such. The QuikLock Z72 http://www.zzounds.com/item--QLKZ72 looks like it might permit more of a stacking setup than the others.

Whic keyboard stand would you suggest to help the two boards be as close to each other as possible - more organ-like ?

#251740 - 12/23/08 07:43 PM Re: Double-keyboard stand
Dnj Offline

Fran loves his...... http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/VStandSilv/
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/VStand2Tier

I like a double teired apex deluxe

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 12-24-2008).]

#251741 - 12/23/08 10:34 PM Re: Double-keyboard stand
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hello Cassp:

I have 2 Quiklok M92s so easy to set up in 3 seconds, a little heavy, but easy to transport, I had the "Z" stand too, not easy to transport, it takes a lot of room since can't be flatten like the M92 and for about the same money.
http://www.midweststereo.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=QUIKLOK-M92&click=2

As a former organist, I use 2 arranger keyboards in my gigs, and also got the "V" stand with the second tear, looks beautiful in stage, but it takes a lot more time to set up and is heavier than the M92 to transport it too.
Good luck in your choice.

------------------
mdorantes

#251742 - 12/24/08 06:46 AM Re: Double-keyboard stand
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ditto to the M92 or the Z72. Either one will allow the bottom keyboard to be pulled out enough to use the controls without having to hunch over with a flashlight to see the panel. Like mdorantes said, the M92 flattens out for transport easier than the Z72. They are both a little heavier to transport than an 'X' type stand but way worth it in my opinion.

I tried one of those 'V' stands and didn't care for it at all. Besides having some wobble that was a concern, the way the arms are positioned (which like the Apex stand I had a while ago), if anyone happens to come up in front of you and lean on the left or right front corner of your keyboard, there is a good chance that the instrument will flip right off the stand.

Then there is the issue of foot room. The M92 and Z72 have nothing at all to get in the way of your feet. In fact, I sometimes use a set of bass pedals under my M92 when doing solo piano or duo gigs. The 'V' stand legs are in an awkward place for me at least when playing in a sitting position.

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
LearnMyKeyboard
JazzItUp Band

#251743 - 12/24/08 07:30 AM Re: Double-keyboard stand
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I just purchased the latest model of the QL-642 which is fully adjustable. I've been using the older version for 5 years and have never had a problem. It's a heavy-duty stand that is built like a tank. (Fran would love it!)

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#251744 - 12/24/08 07:34 AM Re: Double-keyboard stand
EM2000 Offline

Loc: Europe

#251745 - 12/24/08 09:30 AM Re: Double-keyboard stand
Anthony Johnson Offline

Loc: Sheffield Yorkshire England
Hi Cassp,
I also use 2 keyboards and the Quiklok M92 and agree that, though not the lightest, it folds easily and is the quickest to set up & take down. Definitely the most stable stand I have ever used and I wouldn't use any other now. Looks classy too compared with all the other stands I've seen. It took me a long time to choose which stand would be best for my needs and, fortunately, I'm happy that I made the right decision.
Best wishes,
Tony Sheffield UK

#251746 - 12/24/08 11:38 AM Re: Double-keyboard stand
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I also own the M92 and my remarks are as above. I am ordering the M2 2nd tier soon. I have four other stands in my studio,including the Apex,but the M92 is best for foot room and stability.

#251747 - 12/24/08 12:19 PM Re: Double-keyboard stand
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA

#251748 - 12/24/08 01:12 PM Re: Double-keyboard stand
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Again with these stands manufacturers go with standard heights (of people that is).

Max height is 91 cm, which makes it way to low in hand position for someone at 6' in my view.

It does look a good stand (the M91/92) but too low for me.

One thing the Apex, (and the Proel one mentioned above) do, is give good height to the taller player. Although I found the Proel to be a bit too "wobbly" with heavier keyboards.

I would also have my doubts on the m92 side to side stability. Plus the upper tier width is always determined by the width of the lower.

I am about to try the On-Stage KS 7150 with the KSA7500 universal second tier.

It has good height, looks to be rock solid (sorta reminds me of the stage 73 flatop), and the second tier is independent of the bottom section, so you can have it narrower for a laptop, for example without having to add a flat board or similar.

Just my view. Not criticising anyone else's.

Dennis

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online