SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#251632 - 12/20/08 11:49 PM Sampling of Tyros 3
baluan Offline

Loc: Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
Hi folks, I've just bought Tyros 3 and I love most of its preset sounds. Yet, I'd like to add some ethnic samples which Tyros 3 doesn't have.
Is it possible that we can add 2 or more sounds in each note (in different velocity) like preset megavoice?
For example, with a scat voice, if we play softly, it sounds "Doo". And if we play harder in same note, it will sound "Daao"

Many thanks

#251633 - 12/21/08 12:34 AM Re: Sampling of Tyros 3
Magali Offline

Loc: FRANCE
Hi

Yes it is possible to add onto 8 layers per keys.you may use the voice editor for that

#251634 - 12/21/08 01:45 AM Re: Sampling of Tyros 3
baluan Offline

Hi Magali,

Thanks a lot for your reply.
So we edit the sound on the keyboard or via PC? I'll try to find a way to add different sound in different velocity with Voice Editor on keyboard but don't know how to adjust the velocity.
There're 8 elements to add, but as far as I can try is to add many sounds for a key which will sound in same time (sound doesn't change when I play soft or hard)
Please help me with clearer instruction.
Thanks

#251635 - 12/21/08 03:05 AM Re: Sampling of Tyros 3
jwyvern Offline

To set velocity ranges for the voice elements you have to go into the PC Editor. As you build up the composite voice with the necessary elements you can set the velocity ranges by going to the detail window for each, click on the oscillator tab and look to bottom right for the settings.

In the downloadable Ty3 reference manual page 17 there's a description of how to produce custom voices from scratch by importing wave files if you need it. If the elements you need can be found and imported from the preset voices it's usually a lot easier working with those - and no extra sample memory (DIMMS) needed.

John

#251636 - 12/21/08 11:17 PM Re: Sampling of Tyros 3
baluan Offline

Thanks a lot, John
I will try with PC Editor. Really appreciate your help.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online