SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#251531 - 12/19/08 07:34 AM Why we should be checking out each other's stuff...
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
From another thread about the cruise ship guy, it occurred to me I never checked out Dave's band website...

Wow....I mean WOW!
http://www.jazzitupband.com/

What an absolute treat. Check out his bands demo...Everybody can play, Dave is a solid front man...classic old school quartet work...very well done.

Its terrific when you "bump" into something nice you weren't expecting...

I HATE to go out and see other acts perform, but in this case, I'll make an exception...

Send me your schedule, would you, Dave?

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#251532 - 12/19/08 11:07 AM Re: Why we should be checking out each other's stuff...
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
No question, Dave is "happenin"!

R.

#251533 - 12/21/08 11:48 AM Re: Why we should be checking out each other's stuff...
John DiLeo Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill in Dayton:
I HATE to go out and see other acts perform,

Bill what is your reasoning not to go see other acts perform?...I consider it an enjoyable learning experience. It's also a nice camaraderie gesture for fellow musicians to enjoy each others work when possible.

With that said, I also enjoyed Dave's music very much. Great Stuff

Thank you

#251534 - 12/21/08 12:01 PM Re: Why we should be checking out each other's stuff...
Bill in Dayton Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by John DiLeo:
Bill what is your reasoning not to go see other acts perform?...I consider it an enjoyable learning experience. It's also a nice camaraderie gesture for fellow musicians to enjoy each others work when possible.

With that said, I also enjoyed Dave's music very much. Great Stuff

Thank you

Hey John-

This kinda sounds snobbish and I don't mean it too at all, but I'm really busy and my time is pretty precious. I have an awesome wife and three teenage girls, plus all the various behind the scenes things that have to be looked after like a big house, big yard, different schedules and demands from the kids, etc...

I have gone to various clubs around town and its more a function of me not really enjoying the kind of music they offer. This part of OH is huge on Country and Bluegrass and I'm not a big enough fan of either to go out and listen to it. Likewise, the younger oriented clubs around here that favor ultra hard thrash or heavy metal stuff has no interest to me.

There's one piano lounge in Dayton at a hotel that I like, but I just don't get there often enough.

Its one of the things I miss the most about Pittsburgh, our hometown. The music scene was very diverse and there were clubs I frequented regularly.

For better or worse, the music scene around here is what it is, and that's cool. I'm not really dying to play in these clubs, nor would I be a great fit. I'd far prefer to do a couple retirement communities every day during the week and then some dances or private parties.

These kids won't be around that much longer, even though they're not gone yet, I already miss them, you know?

------------------
Bill in Dayton

[This message has been edited by Bill in Dayton (edited 12-21-2008).]

#251535 - 12/21/08 01:36 PM Re: Why we should be checking out each other's stuff...
wrinkles303 Offline

Loc: worthington ,ohio
hi bill,
i'm in worthington (columbus) ohio . moved here from clearwater florida. i feel the same way too about this area. it sure is a different culture. i don't even think about playing up here. first of all its just too cold

#251536 - 12/21/08 01:55 PM Re: Why we should be checking out each other's stuff...
Bill in Dayton Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by wrinkles303:
hi bill,
i'm in worthington (columbus) ohio . moved here from clearwater florida. i feel the same way too about this area. it sure is a different culture. i don't even think about playing up here. first of all its just too cold

You got that right, Dave...

I just drove my daughter to work and the thermometer says its 6 degrees. Its also very windy here today so its about -15...

This is pipe bursting weather!

------------------
Bill in Dayton

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online