SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 12 of 18 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 17 18 >
Topic Options
#251443 - 12/29/08 07:15 PM Re: Audya Released!
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
doubt that I could afford it anyway
(aussie dollars taken a tumble), but, I'd still luv to know if Ketron has improved the "style creation/editing " functions on the Audya compared to what's available on the SD1+. Been trying to find out since the Audya was first announced over a year ago.
Have they included any sort of onboard note event list editing or made it more pc friendly by being able to import/export styles as midifiles into a pc sequencer for editing ( ie like the korg).

Probably doesn't affect the majority of Ketron users, but I like the ability to be able to edit user styles.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#251444 - 12/29/08 11:01 PM Re: Audya Released!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Well, bottom line about editing 'live loop' parts is... you can't!

They are recordings, pure and simple, albeit sliced up so that they can tempo sync. So forget about changing the snare drum sound, or repositioning it (that will reposition every other drum sound - hi-hats, cymbals, tomtoms, etc. - that occur on the same beat. I don't know how many of you have involved yourselves with loop creation, editing and the like, but if you haven't, I suggest you try doing it on a laptop or computer first before you plonk down mucho dinero for the Audya.

You may be disappointed to find out how little you can get away with editing audio loops. All well and good if what is in the ROM works for you, but after a year or two, who amongst us doesn't yearn for more variety, more styles, a change of pace? Editing a MIDI style is a piece of cake compared to re-vamping an audio loop. And loop construction kits, probably what you are thinking of using to add to your styles, although they MAY have enough variations and fills for your needs, rarely EVER have Intro or Ending drumming, and even if there is, it's a 'take it or leave it' thing, you can't design your own...

I still honestly believe that the realism of MIDI drum libraries like BFD and EZ Drummer demonstrate that you DON'T have to go to audio loops, with their dearth of editing possibilities, to get drum parts that are utterly convincing as 'live' drumming.

While you gain an immediately good live sound, you give up pretty near ALL opportunity to edit the style the way YOU need it. For the ROM only style users, this may not matter. But to anyone that edits their own styles, or creates their own styles, this technology really restricts your options...

#251445 - 12/30/08 04:37 PM Re: Audya Released!
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Diki,
I was refferring to purely midi notes nothing to do with the audio loops.
On my SD1+ I can't edit user style notes.
If my EMC does a bad job of converting notes to sd1 format, there's no way of editing the notes or controllers onboard.
I use a lot of converted styles or style tracks from converted styles, I'm hopeless at trying to record anything from scratch. haahaa

On my korg I have the option of event list editing a wrong note onboard or exporting the style as a midifile , fixing it in a pc sequencer, then importing it back into the Korg. Thanks to the os2 upgrade, the style can now be imported & exported as a whole using markers ( similar to psr method) instead of having to import & export as individual midi style parts.

I was hoping to find out if they've changed anything much as far as style editing functions go.
May save me a divorce if they haven't . haahaa. May be stretching my luck if I decide I want one of these.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#251446 - 12/30/08 08:43 PM Re: Audya Released!
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
Well at the rate software is moving..., I think it's slowly killing the keyboard market. Software is doing it better, giving you more, and doing it cheaper.

Don't get me wrong.., keyboards are always going to be there..., but the software setup with its many advantages will eventually drive the prices of basic keyboards even higher IMO.

How often have we complained (even recently) about how the keyboard makers are still using old and dated hardware compared to what's out there now.

This is true. Software synths do not have the limitations of the hardware and even with a notebook and a controller't cut it for me. one can even have a worthy live unit. I'm all about the styles which is why I bought the Yamaha. The sounds are great but I can get much better drums via Software synths using Yamaha's MIDI output. In essence I paid for a Style generator and a handful of excellent acoustic voices. BITB doesn't so it for me.

Any keyboard that uses VSTIs is redundant in a Computer based home studio but can be a great tool for live use.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#251447 - 12/30/08 10:45 PM Re: Audya Released!
Lucky2Bhere Offline

So I'm away from the SZ for a week and I see 113 replies for the "Audya is released" topic.

I didn't have the time or desire to read any of these Audya messages.

Speaking for myself, I never thought I would say this, but after waiting so long......WHO CARES!

As B.B. King said: "The Thrill is Gone!"

Lucky

#251448 - 12/31/08 03:36 AM Re: Audya Released!
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
May save me a divorce if they haven't . haahaa. May be stretching my luck if I decide I want one of these.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]

Ummmm, OLD husband, brand new Audya. Tough choice. We know you'll do the right thing....MAYBE.

chas

#251449 - 12/31/08 02:52 PM Re: Audya Released!
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Chas,
yeh, my keyboards come & go, hubby's been around for ever. Thanks for the dose of reality. haahaa

I suppose I'll get my answer when the full manual is released.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
Ummmm, OLD husband, brand new Audya. Tough choice. We know you'll do the right thing....MAYBE.

chas

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#251450 - 01/01/09 09:41 AM Re: Audya Released!
124 Offline

Your hubby came with a manual?

#251451 - 01/01/09 12:03 PM Re: Audya Released!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Anyone think Ketron made a really piss poor decision for the arranger control buttons? Maybe it's just me, but under the screen is hardly the most convient place for them. Why are they not off to the left?
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#251452 - 01/01/09 12:31 PM Re: Audya Released!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Can they be put on a pedal board?

I don't use my panel buttons for arranger control at all... leaves my hands free just to play!

Page 12 of 18 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 17 18 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online