SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18 >
Topic Options
#251363 - 12/20/08 09:09 AM Re: Audya Released!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
4,190.00 EUR = 5,833.95 USD

We already knew this, Everyone wants the best but is surprised at what that will cost them if indeed it is so.

#251364 - 12/20/08 10:28 AM Re: Audya Released!
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
4,190.00 EUR = 5,833.95 USD

What I downloaded from the Ketron website said "Manual - Quick Guide".... So are you saying this is NOT the "real" manual? Although don't bother answering AJ cause I know you won't anyway.

Yes, to me USB 2.0 means something. It won't mean very much to a lot of people who would never use the Sampler.....

You complain about price??
Oh well, here it's listed in webshop to N.Kr.53450! That's US$7635 or €5938 at the currency of today.
Here yan buy both Tyros 3 and PA2X Pro, or two SD1 for that money and still have a few cents to spend
elsewhere.
So Audya has to be at least twice as good as one of the others to defend the gap.

USB 1.1 may cause you have to use a few seconds more to transfer files, that's may be a big problem for
you, but I doubt it will be much problem for the most of us.
I think we will see other problems pop up who need to be sorted out rather than worry about the USB ....

Regarding future support from Ketron, I think they will carry on with great support as before. To me
they sure did a great and rapid job when I needed help to solve SD1 problems.

GJ

Btw, AJ already wrote:

QUOTE:
Just so you know ... the document on our website is a QUICK GUIDE/START and not the full/complete MANUAL. The complete manual will be put up soon.
END QUOTE
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#251365 - 12/20/08 10:37 AM Re: Audya Released!
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I'm very excited about the Audya, I know allot of companies have them posted on their websites for pre-orders, I have been very fair with Synthzone members with prices and info.

I will let everyone when they are available in the US, so far there is NO officially US info on Price

#251366 - 12/20/08 10:38 AM Re: Audya Released!
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
I'm very excited about the Audya, I know allot of companies have them posted on their websites for pre-orders, I have been very fair with Synthzone members with prices and info.

I will let everyone when they are available in the US, so far there is NO officially US info on Price

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#251367 - 12/20/08 04:35 PM Re: Audya Released!
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
I thought the demos were good too.., but my only issue was that IMO Ketron needs to catch up a bit in terms of Sax sounds. With Yammie's SA voices.., and Korg's latest OS including voices that behave like Yamaha's SA voices..., I think Ketron is a little behind the game in this area. I've yet to hear a Ketron sax that blows me away.

SQUEAK: http://www.ketron.it/mp3/audya_new/Alto%20Sax%20(exercise).mp3
http://www.ketron.it/mp3/audya_new/Tenor%20Club%201.mp3

#251368 - 12/20/08 06:12 PM Re: Audya Released!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Chony.., thanks for posting those.., but I have to say I still don't think either of those saxes are up to par with Yamaha's SA saxes.., and even Korgs revised DNC sounds. Both the Yamaha and Korg have much more going on with the sax sound in terms of natural nuances. The Ketron still IMO has some catching up to do. They sound good, but IMO not as good as Yammie's and Korg's.....

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 12-20-2008).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#251369 - 12/20/08 07:07 PM Re: Audya Released!
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
Chony.., thanks for posting those.., but I have to say I still don't think either of those saxes are up to par with Yamaha's SA saxes.., and even Korgs revised DNC sounds. Both the Yamaha and Korg have much more going on with the sax sound in terms of natural nuances. The Ketron still IMO has some catching up to do. They sound good, but IMO not as good as Yammie's and Korg's.....

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 12-20-2008).]

As an owner of both the T2 and T3, I would have to disagree with you. The Ketron might not have those tiny nuances like the button clicks, but quite frankly when you're playing with a style out of a sound system in a hall, those nuances aren't noticeable anyway.

Overall, I think the Ketron sax is a better sounding sax...

#251370 - 12/20/08 07:54 PM Re: Audya Released!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by chony:
but quite frankly when you're playing with a style out of a sound system in a hall, those nuances aren't noticeable anyway.

Agreed....& that goes for any arranger.

#251371 - 12/21/08 04:18 AM Re: Audya Released!
Morten Jonassen Offline

Loc: Danmark
I agree too, and at the end it is a matter of personal preferences.
The arranger part of the Audya sounds much better than Yamaha or any other brands. If this comes at the expense of some SA sax voices, then I'd gladly take it.

#251372 - 12/21/08 01:12 PM Re: Audya Released!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
"The arranger part of the Audya sounds much better than Yamaha or any other brands."

At the tune of six G notes it ought to sound better then the rest, right? Of course, along with that "much better sound" you also get an antiquated USB 1.1 to go along with it. Makes your day doesn't it?

Seriously, who me?? - the Ketron Audya, even though apparently lacking USB 2.0, won't be a deterrent for most people who may be considering the Audya because most people (that play arrangers anyway) don't usually delve into the "workstation" aspects of their arrangers. We already know that probably 80 percent or so of totl arranger players in this country and abroad are in their 40's and up. If you don't believe me just take a gander at the Pakefield keyboard festival in the U.K. and you will get a general consensus of who plays arrangers (in the U.K. anyway.. ). So I'm guessing Ketron probably understands the logistics of who tends to buy and continue to buy totl arrangers, which are mostly old fogies who could care less about the technical side of their totl "workstation" arranger keyboards. In seeing this trend, Ketron probably decided that USB 2.0 was NOT needed in the Audya because most people who purchased one would never take advantage of the higher data transfer rated USB 2.0 vs. measly USB 1.1. The cost associated with implementing USB 2.0 on the Audya vs. USB 1.1 is probably negligible, but why implement it at all if the majority of Audya owners will never take advantage of it anyway? The few who would take advantage of it doesn't factor into the equation for Ketron because they are looking at it from the "majority who won't" point of view. So Ketron saves a few bucks and everybody is happy except a few in the 'minority' who Ketron refuses to take into consideration at all apparently. And I say apparently because Ketron i.e. (AJ, Ted, and ketron HQ in Ancona Italy) are still staying as tight lipped as ever when anyone brings this topic up or mentions it at all.

You would think, though, that having forked over $6,000 + for a keyboard (including tax, VAT, etc.) that the Audya would include today's "standard" in USB interface technology, instead of an antiquated and obsolete one i.e. USB 1.1.

But like I said, most everybody is happy anyway (fat, dumb, and happy perhaps?? ) and as long as the Audya sounds superior to that of the competition and it has 76 keys and weighs under 40 lbs it should still sell fairly well (minus to one arranger keyboardist in So. Calif. ) - even at the exorbitant price Ketron is asking for it.

All the best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 12-21-2008).]

Page 4 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online