SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 17 18 >
Topic Options
#251353 - 12/19/08 09:03 PM Re: Audya Released!
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi everyone,
http://www.musicstore.de/is-bin/INTERSHO...rYAAAEZhFlFop5T &dynamicNavigation=true

Henni

#251354 - 12/19/08 10:28 PM Re: Audya Released!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Merely curious, but what do any of you that have played Ketron's layout (especially SD-1) think of the location of the bend and mod levers?

I have only played 88's in this configuration (above the keyboard), but never felt comfortable with the location. Does a 76 make this any more comfortable? I use the levers (or wheels) a LOT, and felt, at least on the 88's that my body position was all wrong, too stretched out in the left arm or too moved in with the right...

Any other bender addicts out there?

#251355 - 12/19/08 10:36 PM Re: Audya Released!
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Awkward and not user friendly.. The best are the "joystick" type, as per the G70 and the PA series.

Much easier in both placement and in use.

I see Ketron have kept quite a few hardware designs from the SD range..No touch screen tech, so it will make updates pretty small, and probably "bugs" only.

Dennis

#251356 - 12/19/08 10:58 PM Re: Audya Released!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I don't quite get that, Dennis... why would a touch screen make any difference to updates? It IS still a screen, not a physical panel layout, so the buttons that surround the screen can be as easily re-tasked to do new functions as a touch screen can (or almost!).

And re. the bender... I don't mind whether it is wheels or joysticks or levers. I can pretty much make any of them work. It's the LOCATION that I can't handle. Even a Roland lever, in the position that Ketron use would probably be awkward for me, whereas wheels, where Roland puts the lever, present no problems.

Perhaps it is just an effort to reduce the size of the case (it's not THAT much wider than a T3!) and keep the weight down, in the assumption that most arranger players are WAY too busy playing the chords with their LH to need to use the bender all that much

But then they go and stick a bunch of SMF and MP3 players on them... Oops!

#251357 - 12/20/08 12:49 AM Re: Audya Released!
Bachus Offline

I understand the importance of USB 2.0 personally would see it as a must have requirement for such a keyboard.

Nevertheless going balistic just gets you nowhere...

[This message has been edited by Bachus (edited 12-20-2008).]

http://keyszone.boards.net

#251358 - 12/20/08 06:33 AM Re: Audya Released!
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Well...I just CAREFULLY listened to all the Audya demo's at the Ketronit site.
I must say the realism of the sounds blows me away.
Beats the H out of my PA2 AND the T2 I used to have.

What is the situation as far as styles availbility on Ketron?

Based on the demos ( I would want to ply one in person first) I want to get one...but, It may cost too much.

I am BIG on realistic, quality sounds with NO quality issues.

If it's around $4,000 (US)street price I may jump,

Lee

#251359 - 12/20/08 06:48 AM Re: Audya Released!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I thought the demos were good too.., but my only issue was that IMO Ketron needs to catch up a bit in terms of Sax sounds. With Yammie's SA voices.., and Korg's latest OS including voices that behave like Yamaha's SA voices..., I think Ketron is a little behind the game in this area. I've yet to hear a Ketron sax that blows me away.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#251360 - 12/20/08 08:22 AM Re: Audya Released!
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Ketron is a small company and the R & D for the Audya probably cost them a tidy fortune (Particularly with the sliding release dates) so it’s unrealistic to expect it to be cheap. (The big 3 probably spend more on bottled water in a year, then ketrons entire yearly budget)

Can’t wait to try it myself, however it won’t probably be until the Festivals in April/May (This also has the advantage of being able to try the rest side by side with it)

BTW Roland released the prototype E80 at Blackpool, (3 months before launch) so who knows there may be another one added to the bunch.

Regards

Bill

#251361 - 12/20/08 08:51 AM Re: Audya Released!
Dnj Offline

Wait 6 months more then see what any users are saying pro/con.........lets see if any bugs show up........what's the rush?....maybe sales figures after that will lower price for anyone interested....dont be a guinea pig

#251362 - 12/20/08 08:51 AM Re: Audya Released!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
4,190.00 EUR = 5,833.95 USD

What I downloaded from the Ketron website said "Manual - Quick Guide". So are you saying this is NOT the "real" manual? Although don't bother answering AJ cause I know you won't anyway.

Yes, to me USB 2.0 means something. It won't mean very much to a lot of people who would never use the Sampler (which may be a significant number of arranger players) but USB 2.0 would also come in handy when you use the Audya with a computer for other purposes. It's just unfathomable and even unconscionable, in my opinion, that Ketron refuses to answer this simple, yet very legitimate and pertinent question I have put before them.

If Ketron is underhanded by refusing to answer a simple question about the Audya's USB interface what makes you think they will be above board after you purchase an Audya and need to call them and ask them questions over the phone? Will they give you a straight answer over the phone or will they continue their secretive ways and withhold other valuable information from you about the Audya even after you've purchased it? Let's hope not, right? What guarantee would you have though when they've already demonstrated a propensity to hide other valuable information about the Audya from the general public? Food for thought anyway...

Ketron lost a potential buyer of their flagship Audya by their persistent refusal to answer legitimate questions about the Audya. I hope they're proud of themselves. I know I sure am. NOT!!

And I don't blame AJ or Ted because they are just following orders from Ketron headquarters in Ancona, Italy. Swell guys those Italians...

All the best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 12-20-2008).]

Page 3 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 17 18 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online