SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 17 18 >
Topic Options
#251373 - 12/21/08 01:29 PM Re: Audya Released!
John DiLeo Offline

Why assume?.....lets just wait till it comes out & we get real reviews from users first hand before the so called experts play Mr. know it all....at any price its worth a little patience.....playing fortune teller never works out

#251374 - 12/21/08 02:48 PM Re: Audya Released!
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
... Ketron probably decided that USB 2.0 was NOT needed in the Audya because most people who purchased one would never take advantage of the higher data transfer rated USB 2.0 vs. measly USB 1.1. The cost associated with implementing USB 2.0 on the Audya vs. USB 1.1 is probably negligible, but why implement it at all if the majority of Audya owners will never take advantage of it anyway? The few who would take advantage of it doesn't factor into the equation for Ketron because they are looking at it from the "majority who won't" point of view...
All the best,
Mike

Are you sure about the Ketron being USB 1? After promulgating all these theories of why Ketron has used USB 1, you'd better have a good apology if you're proved wrong...

#251375 - 12/21/08 04:27 PM Re: Audya Released!
Dnj Offline

I'd be worried first "how it sounds" & how ALL the "features work" with your needs before what usb1 or 2 is used.

#251376 - 12/21/08 05:03 PM Re: Audya Released!
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
I'd be worried first "how it sounds" & how ALL the "features work" with your needs before what usb1 or 2 is used.

Agree 100%

Dennis

#251377 - 12/21/08 07:55 PM Re: Audya Released!
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Chony,
Well, I agree with you on that Audya sax. It sounds very realistic, and I liked it in the demo. Maybe not as fancy featured? But sounded very nice. I also like the T3 SA2 sax. The Korg sax and new dnc sax is nice too but the dnc sax is made of the same factory samples on the PA as the original, and they have serious sound quality issues that bug me!

We'll see/hear what the Audya really sounds like soon! Then we will know, vs MP3 factory demo's

Lee

#251378 - 12/21/08 09:28 PM Re: Audya Released!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
You're absolutely right. How it stacks up in the sound department is priority one. Everything else trickles down from that juncture as far as what is relative in importance on the keyboard itself. USB 1.1 or 2.0 is just one blip on the radar screen but with USB 2.0 being a louder blip then 1.1 in my opinion.

The only reason I'm theorizing that the Audya will have USB 1.1 is because when the topic is brought up (by me mostly, I admit.. ) and is directed at Ketron in the form of a question, (which also expects an answer by the way), the ensuing silence is deafening indeed. For whatever reason AJ, Ted, and the Ketron clan down in Ancona Italy seem to have a morbid fear of answering that question when it is put before them i.e. "does the Audya have USB 2.0?" >> I don't think that is an "out of bound" question to ask them, do you guys? Why won't they answer that specific question is my real beef. AJ and Ted have answered many other questions put before them (all cleared beforehand by ketron Italy of course) , yet they won't answer that "specific" question regarding the USB interface on the Audya.

Sure, there are many other important things about the Audya that need to come to light and AJ, for the most part, has answered some, if not many, of those previously unanswered questions. Yet when USB 1.1 vs. USB 2.0 is brought up you would have thought I was asking Ketron to march blindfolded in a straight line off a cliff - OR - demanding they give every Audya that is produced away for free. Although that second one sounds like a pretty good idea to me, don't you?

Nevertheless, even though we joke about it the question regarding USB 1.1 vs. 2.0 should command as much respect as any and every other question that has been posed to Ketron about the Audya. Yet, nothing.... chirp..chirp..chirp (crickets in the background), dead silence, nothing, nada, zilch, goose egg - from Ketron. Their lips continue to be sealed for some unfathomably 'strange', and I do mean STRANGE reason. Which is not really a "legitimate" reason at all. But still baffling nonetheless, at least to me anyway.

So, if Ketron is refusing to answer this simple, sincere, question posed to them; the only reason I can honestly think of as to why they continue NOT to respond is that the Audya will indeed have USB 1.1 and Ketron is so ashamed of that fact that they'd rather not answer the question at all, fearing also that it might hinder sales of the Audya once it has been released to the public.

OTOH, maybe it's just me. Maybe they feel threatened by my intrusive, abrasive, and hard hitting questions I have posed to them. Which is strange in itself, because formerly (when the Audya was first announced a couple years ago) and even fairly recently, I had been touting Ketron as a company to people in other keyboard forums on the Net and also lauding the Audya as a revolutionary music making device i.e. = as a breakthrough advancement in keyboard technology. And this is the reward I get for trying to pump them up?? Silence from them?? Thanks but no thanks. [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/frown.gif[/img]

Consequently, I will never purchase a Ketron product EVER, period. Am I angry?? Nah, not really angry. I'm just disappointed in Ketron as a company on the whole. Therefore I cannot trust them with my money, sad to say. They have lost my respect as a public entity, which when you think about it, all public entities (companies) have been, and are, created for the sole purpose of serving the public i.e. the consumer - you and me. [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/smile.gif[/img] Unfortunately, by Ketron's refusal (denial) to answer legitimate questions posed to them about one (or more) of their products, goes contrary and in direct opposition to what they were created for in the first place i.e.= to serve the public and the public's interest. Which Ketron has obviously failed to do in my humble opinion.

All the best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 12-21-2008).]

#251379 - 12/22/08 01:54 AM Re: Audya Released!
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Mike

Why are you singling out ketron, all manufactures do exactly the same things when they launch new boards, (They give you snippets, but until well after launch some simple questions don’t get answered)

Take Tyros 3 and USB 2, before launch speculation was rife as to whether it would have USB 2 or not, with no information coming from Yamaha
It was finally confirmed at the Pakefield keyboard Festival, (But you had to be there to get this information) where Tyros 3 was launched before anywhere else.

If memory serves correct, I also don’t think Korg confirmed the USB speeds until the launch of their latest keyboards.

So come on, don’t make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Regards

Bill

#251380 - 12/22/08 08:49 AM Re: Audya Released!
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:

Consequently, I will never purchase a Ketron product EVER, period. Am I angry?? Nah, not really angry. I'm just disappointed in Ketron as a company on the whole. Therefore I cannot trust them with my money, sad to say. They have lost my respect as a public entity, which when you think about it, all public entities (companies) have been, and are, created for the sole purpose of serving the public i.e. the consumer - you and me. Unfortunately, by Ketron's refusal (denial) to answer legitimate questions posed to them about one (or more) of their products, goes contrary and in direct opposition to what they were created for in the first place i.e.= to serve the public and the public's interest. Which Ketron has obviously failed to do in my humble opinion.

All the best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 12-21-2008).]

Well I would have to say just because Ketron does not answer you questions fast enough you go on a rant about USB speed. Did you send a Email to CMC or Ketron Italy? Also the manual on Ketron's webpage does say quick start, QS is edited version just to get your feet wet. The keyboard was just released in Italy this past week and I'm sure rest of Europe soon to follow with in the coming weeks. I do't really care if you do buy one or not, but I would have to say impatient customers or non-customers like yourself need to relax because all your questions will be answered. Let the keyboard hit the states and I'm sure one of the dealers will answer all of your questions.

#251381 - 12/22/08 09:43 AM Re: Audya Released!
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi all,

Yes, I agree fully. Let's give Ketron a fair chance before bashing it with all sorts of ill comments.

They really did a break through here and being the first of anything has it's complications like i.e. the price.

Never the less, should I be in a position to afford it, I would not even think twice before purchasing one.

Well done Ketron - I look forward to being another one of your customers.

Henni

#251382 - 12/22/08 10:03 AM Re: Audya Released!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Did you send a Email to CMC or Ketron Italy?

I have sent an email to CMC but it was regarding a different matter. As far as sending an email to Ketron in Italy, can they speak English?? I also thought that the presence here of AJ and Ted or some other Ketron employee lurking on the Zone should be sufficient to get a response. AJ and Ted have seen my questions no doubt, but they refuse to respond. As I've said before, if indeed the Audya has USB 2.0 Ketron would be gushing all over letting everybody on Synth Zone or any other keyboard forum know of that fact. You know, like a proud papa spouting the good news of his new born son. Since there is no "proud papa" spilling the beans, (and by proud papa I mean Ketron) I am almost 100% convinced by Ketron's inaction to answer the question that the Audya won't have USB 2.0 but rather will have the antiquated and obsolete USB 1.1 interface.

Again, I'm not blaming AJ or Ted because they have to follow Ketron Italy's orders on what and what not to speak about or else they could face termination from their jobs. The sole culprit in all of this is Ketron Italy, who for whatever reason, are hiding this information from becoming public. And again, the only reason I can think of as to why they don't make it public is because the Audya will not have USB 2.0. Why else would they NOT answer that particular question when I have been asking it for about two solid years in a row now? AJ and Ted have answered tons of other questions but they remain silent on the question of USB 2.0.

As far as checking the Audya out once it arrives on U.S. soil, I don't see how I could try it out without having to drive 3,000 miles (6,000 round trip) to New York where CMC is located. Ketron doesn't even have a distributor on the West Coast.

I also checked the Audya Manual - Quick Start guide where the specifications ARE listed and there is NO MENTION of USB 2.0 in the specs. Now, if even the Specifications List doesn't mention the Audya as having USB 2.0, what else are we (the consumers) suppose to rely on to get the final YES or NO from? Ketron won't tell us, the Specifications in the Manual - Quick Start guide doesn't tell us; therefore, how are we going to find out? Will the full Manual specifications be different than the specifications in the Manual - Quick Start guide? I wouldn't think so. So we're basically back to square one on the USB question i.e. = don't know, and will never know unless Ketron relents and answers the question put before them. So the people who purchase an Audya may have a great sounding 76 key totl arranger on their hands, but some of its mode of operation will still remain a mystery to them. I, for one, don't want to be left in the dark about a certain aspect of a keyboard's fundamental mode of operation before I purchase a particular keyboard. And especially after forking over 6 Grand (w/tax) for an Audya.

All the best,
Mike

Page 5 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 17 18 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online