SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 10 of 18 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 17 18 >
Topic Options
#251423 - 12/28/08 06:03 PM Re: Audya Released!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
So far, jury's out. Video demos haven't impressed me as much as the factory audio demos, but the playing gets in the way on several...

If only Dom would get his sh*t together with the MS... For everything BUT arranger operation, it seems perfect! Sampler loads up as fast as a computer. Trouble is, the styles and sounds don't compare to even my G70, let alone the Audya, and I'm in the market for a 'one keyboard' rig, nothing more...

Who knows, with the economy across the world the way it is, but PERHAPS the Audya is the START of something new and exciting for arranger players. I wish the MS was, but it just doesn't work for me... but a well integrated sampler in an arranger is what I've always dreamed of. Trouble is, I keep waking up!

#251424 - 12/28/08 07:14 PM Re: Audya Released!
leezone Offline

i think these guys in Portugal deserve lots of credit for such dedication to AUDYA,

i hope Ketron rewards them

love the demo,

if you guys have not watched the 17 minute video demo , check it out
good job, teixeira

gostei imenso de ouvir voce tocar
http://www.vimeo.com/2655162

#251425 - 12/28/08 10:47 PM Re: Audya Released!
chony Offline

Loc: New York
It's as I thought:

- The rhythm section (drums, basses), and accompaniment instruments (guitars, pianos, EPs), RULE.

- The solo section (brass, saxes, trumpets) SUCK.

- The keyboard layout, is nonsensical. In every Audya demo I've seen, the guy needs to stretch his left hand over to the right every two seconds to control something that is badly positioned...

But I still might get it...

#251426 - 12/29/08 08:15 AM Re: Audya Released!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Man..., that thing sounds amazing! I love what they did with the audio guitar parts. That's so cool that not only does the chord change, but they add slight differences in variation to give the guitar more life. Very cool thing indeed!

I think Ketron needs to play nice though and release a "baby version" of this model like Yamaha/Korg/Roland do with their top arrangers. Seriously...., how many people are going to be able to afford this thing "realistically"????? Hell their lower models are already priced well above the low and mid range from other makers.... Look at the price of the Midjay alone!

If Ketron came out with a baby model of this (slightly stripped down) retailers wouldn't be able to keep them in stock they'd be moving that fast....

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 12-29-2008).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#251427 - 12/29/08 08:30 AM Re: Audya Released!
Dnj Offline

By listening to these demos you really think this is something special? & above the sound of the Tyros 2 or 3? If so why?
Because I dont hear it.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 12-29-2008).]

#251428 - 12/29/08 08:59 AM Re: Audya Released!
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
the real special thing is the concept. and the way they implement it sounds also quite impressive. I like the sounds, and as a live-player it is very appealing to me, it does sound as a live band. the guitars and drums are better (to my ears) than all the others, they just sound live!
for that, ketron deserves praises.

#251429 - 12/29/08 09:00 AM Re: Audya Released!
squeak_D Offline

Soundwise Donny I honestly don't think it's going to really "blow the others away"..., but as with every top keyboard released Ketron is essentially using the "audio styles" as the "very expensive" selling point for this new model. Much like how Yamaha uses the SA voices and other signature voices for the selling points of their arrangers.

Outside of using some audio..., I don't see anything that really sets it above the others. It does sound good though..., but so do the others Honestly I think Ketron's a bit nuts asking the price they are considering what options are out there.

GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#251430 - 12/29/08 09:31 AM Re: Audya Released!
Dnj Offline

Even if it was the same price as the T3 my opinion stands. But all I have to go by are video demos.....we'll see down the road if the Audya holds water.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 12-29-2008).]

#251431 - 12/29/08 11:26 AM Re: Audya Released!
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
Soundwise Donny I honestly don't think it's going to really "blow the others away"..., but as with every top keyboard released Ketron is essentially using the "audio styles" as the "very expensive" selling point for this new model. Much like how Yamaha uses the SA voices and other signature voices for the selling points of their arrangers.

Outside of using some audio..., I don't see anything that really sets it above the others. It does sound good though..., but so do the others Honestly I think Ketron's a bit nuts asking the price they are considering what options are out there.

Squeak,

Yammy is only giving you SA with solo sounds & but not incorporating sa with the styles ..

Yamaha is all midi generated vs. audya being more "real" with audio samples for style playback. A big edge imo..

#251432 - 12/29/08 11:35 AM Re: Audya Released!
squeak_D Offline

DanO...., I agree that Ketron is going to have the edge with the audio. That's why I mentioned how impressed I was at how not only did audio guitar parts change with chord recogntion but the "feel" even changed between chord variations.

However...., strip these new Audio styles away and what's left? Ketron's pricing was already outragious to begin with..., but I think Ketron like a few others don't really give two sh*%'s about the American market.

Like I said (at the current prices mentioned) how many of these do you think Ketron is going to be able to unload on American buyers? How in the hell can you sell a keyboard if you keep outpricing the thing making it out of reach for the average buyer????? At this rate it may not be long before you see a Ketron/Wersi merger just based on Ketron's outragious pricing. It's not just this new model..., the entire Ketron line is way out of whack in terms of prices compared to the competition.

Ketron has had their share of problems too with keyboard issues over the years.

Page 10 of 18 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 17 18 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online