SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#251298 - 12/20/08 04:03 PM Re: I was shocked when I heard this. Tell me what YOU think!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I agree completely, squeak...

It's the CONTENT, not the technology. An arranger loaded with as contemporary loops and sounds as say a MotifXS would, IMO, sell FAR better than the MoXS itself, simply because of the easier interface that arrangers have.

But because of the balkanization of keyboard lines, we get the better interface and the dated styles and sounds, and they get the cutting edge stuff but can't control it as easily... NO-ONE WINS!

Give me a MoXS with a T3 front end, I could make some hits on TODAY'S charts!

BTW, before you go overboard about the volatility of today's chart music, you have to understand the the music business is working on revenues that are close to 20% of what they were pre-Napster. There is no money for developing artists, and no way to promote artists the way that it USED to be done (and resulted in long-term hits and careers). And so, just like every other form of communication and commerce in the Internet Age, things move at a MUCH faster pace.

Food for thought...

#251299 - 12/20/08 05:06 PM Re: I was shocked when I heard this. Tell me what YOU think!
hellboy44 Offline

Loc: Australia
Hey BBB, and Mike (and Eddie!) thanks for your kind words - much appreciated.

Yes we often put the Bose slightly in front of us, or to the side, or anywhere we like (within reason) when the stage cannot accommodate the "classic position" i.e. when the stage isn't deep enough to put the PA behind us - about 85% of the time.

It doesn't really matter where you put it we've found - as long as it's not very far away, and as long as there is some elevation (say 2-3 feet) because if the Dancefloor is packed, you will have trouble re the sound being absorbed by many bodies if it's not slightly above the crowd.

When you stand in front of the Bose, it's very very special (wrapped in the sound - hearing essentially what the audience hears), when you're behind, it's not as "heavenly", but you can still hear everything pretty clearly, especially vocals - more than any conventional PA we've ever used - no monitor required.

In other words, we're not afraid to place the Bose just about anywhere (within reason) at any gig, at any time.

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

#251300 - 12/20/08 08:13 PM Re: I was shocked when I heard this. Tell me what YOU think!
MarcK Offline

Never heard it called an "acoustic piano" before....

#251301 - 12/21/08 07:44 AM Re: I was shocked when I heard this. Tell me what YOU think!
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Quote:
Originally posted by hellboy44:
In other words, we're not afraid to place the Bose just about anywhere (within reason) at any gig, at any time.

Gotta' agree! I've positioned it just about everywhere you can (within reason) and the results have always been excellent to outstanding.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#251302 - 12/21/08 08:32 AM Re: I was shocked when I heard this. Tell me what YOU think!
Dnj Offline

Lets stay on topic here shall we?

This act is working...& I give them props big time.

most of you people won't even post your "OWN" songs which speaks volumes & which are probably worse then anything heard here....but you still have the nerve to critique...Hmmmmm?....
people in glass houses?.... give me a break.

#251303 - 12/21/08 02:13 PM Re: I was shocked when I heard this. Tell me what YOU think!
hellboy44 Offline

Hey!

Just replying to some questions by my fellow members which were, in turn, really responses to my demo which I posted, which is what you're talking about right now Donny.

Guess I just sold my Glass House........

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

#251304 - 12/21/08 02:20 PM Re: I was shocked when I heard this. Tell me what YOU think!
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Nice demo work, HB....

Good variety, especially...

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#251305 - 12/21/08 03:47 PM Re: I was shocked when I heard this. Tell me what YOU think!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by hellboy44:
Hey!

Just replying to some questions by my fellow members which were, in turn, really responses to my demo which I posted, which is what you're talking about right now Donny.

Guess I just sold my Glass House........

hellboy....that wasn't intended for you at all.....but in response to the topic post in general....I personally enjoyed your act on video......it's the naysayers that couldn't hold a candle to you or the cruise ship act that irks me .....I say before anybody critiques anyone else post some of their own work for credibility first!

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 12-21-2008).]

#251306 - 12/21/08 04:47 PM Re: I was shocked when I heard this. Tell me what YOU think!
hellboy44 Offline

Oh! My apologies, and thanks for the kind words!

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

#251307 - 12/21/08 04:48 PM Re: I was shocked when I heard this. Tell me what YOU think!
hellboy44 Offline

[This message has been edited by hellboy44 (edited 12-21-2008).]

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online