SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#250907 - 12/13/08 07:16 PM Korg DS-10 Synth... I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
HA! The wife (because I wouldn't stay out from under the Christmas tree) gave me a present early tonight! Boy she wrapped it good too, as I've been picking and tapping at the thing for a week now... She went all out and had her sister order it so it wouldn't show up on our online banking too.

Anyways...., opened it up and BAM.. Korg DS-10 Synthesizer!!!!! WAHOOOOOOOOO.....

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 12-13-2008).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#250908 - 12/13/08 09:00 PM Re: Korg DS-10 Synth... I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
squeak_D Offline

WOW! This thing is unreal guys.. No joke.., you'd crap yourself if you saw how much this music app can do.

Off the top..., even though this is a music app for the Nintendo DS "THIS IS NOT A GAME". Too many people see this thing and assume it's some bull&$^$ "everyone can be a star" type game such as "Guitar Hero". The Korg DS-10 "IS NOT" like ANY other music based application for the DS game system. The DS-10 is designed for MUSICIAN'S... You need to understand how a synth operates (at the very least know the basics of patch editing) to really use this thing. You also need to understand the basics of a "step sequencer"...

Worth EVERY penny guys. EVERYTHING is editable on this thing. I can't even begin to get into how deep the editing is on this music app.

ONE HUGE PLUS THAT THIS HAS OVER THE ORIGINAL KORG MS-10 IS THE DS VERSION WILL ALLOW YOU TO SAVE PATCHES!
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#250909 - 12/13/08 09:41 PM Re: Korg DS-10 Synth... I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dnj Offline

Congrats Squeak,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yejsYE5uHnw

Use it well

Good luck

#250910 - 12/14/08 09:46 AM Re: Korg DS-10 Synth... I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
squeak_D Offline

Man..., I was up to almost 2:30am laying in bed using a good set of headphones making music on this thing. This models the MS-10 very well.., and it's literally a Korg MS-10 that fits in your pocket. The user control on this small app is unreal. Everything is tweekable. It even has a virtual "Patch Panel" where you can connect patch cables... how freakin cool is that!!!!!

I would say a huge "underestimated" part on this little synth is the Kaoss Pad. The Kaoss pad it fully programable.., and has tons of presets too. What's more amazing is that there are 2 analogue synth emulators (with 2 VCO's per synth part with full editing) and a 4 part drum machine. There's a 6 trk step sequencer too. Not too mention each drum part can be twisted up in so many ways and a full mixer function. There are just so many things that can get recorded in real-time such as the Kaoss Pad. I'm still geeking out about the "virtual patch cables".

It's very easy to use as well. Having an understanding of analogue synths will be very helpful too. This thing is just too much fun

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online