SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#250471 - 12/08/08 05:52 AM Survey, How many people use two keyboard in their performances?
mc Offline

Loc: New York
and why?

I currently have the S900 and I'm thinking of adding a second arranger keyboard. So I'm just looking for feedback from other people about their setup and why they find two arrangers usefull.

Thanks

#250472 - 12/08/08 06:02 AM Re: Survey, How many people use two keyboard in their performances?
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Only when I played with my trio, but not another arranger. Why would you want two arrangers?

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 12-08-2008).]

#250473 - 12/08/08 06:11 AM Re: Survey, How many people use two keyboard in their performances?
mc Offline

Loc: New York
I would the second arranger to play different styles and sounds, so its not just the yamaha and also as a back up.

#250474 - 12/08/08 06:25 AM Re: Survey, How many people use two keyboard in their performances?
korg4god Offline

Loc: Dodge City, Kansas 67801
Until recently I used a Yammie DGX-500 as a controller for my PA1x Pro but I recently added a computer to my live set up and I couldn't comfortably reach both keyboards, the computer keyboard and my Music Pad Pro from one position so I had to let something go. Since I love the Yammie's piano sound and having 88 keys it was hard but I had to retire it from the live set up. Now I just use the Pa1X and a computer I built from scratch for music purposes only (and URU games).

I'm kinda looking at the PA-588....

anyway, hope that answers your question.

Jeff

Dodge City Schools -USD 443
Forte Music School

http://forte.musicteachershelper.com

#250475 - 12/08/08 06:30 AM Re: Survey, How many people use two keyboard in their performances?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Two arrangers...., in one set up..??? I know everyone's needs are different, but you could easily use the S-900 as your main board, and buy another performance keyboard to add extra sounds. There are several keyboards out there without sequencers ect.., but are nice (add ons) to an existing set up.

Again.., everyone's needs are different, but I'd suggest looking at an affordable performace synth.... They have great sounds, and are an inexpensive way to add "new and different" sounds to your existing arranger. Plus they're lightweight too. Just a suggestion.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#250476 - 12/08/08 06:45 AM Re: Survey, How many people use two keyboard in their performances?
Dnj Offline

#250477 - 12/08/08 07:19 AM Re: Survey, How many people use two keyboard in their performances?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
What he wants to do is an excellent example of why their should be more full featured arranger modules. There is a need for these things regardless of what you hear the reps saying.

They won't make them because they'll eat into the profits of the board itself. Could you imagine how many full featured arranger modules Yamaha would see if they released a module of the Tyros 3 or even the S-900.... People would be eating those things up.

However, it all falls down to profit. Why make the full featured module version that would obviously sell for less..., as it doesn't take a business wiz to see it would tear right into the profit margin for the keyboard versions.

WE NEED MORE MODULES DAMN-IT! We shouldn't have to buy the entire bloody keyboard (especially if we already got a set of keys.., or in Russ's case an entire warehouse Had to throw that in there Russ.., not meant to be mean though).... At least Ketron offers something (but at a steep price though as the midjay isn't cheap)...

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 12-08-2008).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#250478 - 12/08/08 07:25 AM Re: Survey, How many people use two keyboard in their performances?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
What he wants to do is an excellent example of why their should be more full featured arranger modules. There is a need for these things regardless of what you hear the reps saying.

They won't make them because they'll eat into the profits of the board itself. Could you imagine how many full featured arranger modules Yamaha would see if they released a module of the Tyros 3 or even the S-900.... People would be eating those things up.

However, it all falls down to profit. Why make the full featured module version that would obviously sell for less..., as it doesn't take a business wiz to see it would tear right into the profit margin for the keyboard versions.

WE NEED MORE MODULES DAMN-IT! We shouldn't have to buy the entire bloody keyboard (especially if we already got a set of keys.., or in Russ's case an entire warehouse Had to throw that in there Russ.., not meant to be mean though).... At least Ketron offers something (but at at steep price though as the midjay isn't cheap)...

Squeak the days of cheap ARE OVER!!!!

#250479 - 12/08/08 07:26 AM Re: Survey, How many people use two keyboard in their performances?
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Sometimes I will take my Nord Electro2 61 and put it on top of my G70 or KN7000. It sure sounds good, but is a little extra work.

#250480 - 12/08/08 07:31 AM Re: Survey, How many people use two keyboard in their performances?
wrinkles303 Offline

Loc: worthington ,ohio
at one time i had tyros on the bottom,korg pa80 ontop. and a roland va76 on the right side. it turned out not to practical for me.
alot of investment of money,set up time only to be paid the same as when i was playing the old korg i5 and the yamaha psr 1000. plus my singer had 2 keyboards.in the 80s i had a b3,rhodes, moog, stacked then a wurly,arp and elka string machine on the right. i found that using 2 keyboards gave me a little more flexabiity, but not enough to warrent that type of investment. i guess it's a matter of personal preference and how you use them.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online