SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 8 9 10
Topic Options
#250345 - 12/10/08 12:06 PM Re: New Audya Demos
leezone Offline

Diki brings up some very good points...

i hope the "silence" on this subject is not indicative of possibly lackluster performance of AUDYA, in particular of sample load times...

only time will tell...
or an official reponse from Ketron of course.

#250346 - 12/10/08 05:12 PM Re: New Audya Demos
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
"What I'm after is the time to load 64MB into the sampler..."

From what I know, loop samples are not 64MB.. They are short clips of audio that can be chained together. You are able to take audio clips from multiple sample librarys and sync to a style for looping purpose.

It is not designed to play solo instrument samples that are 64MB...

#250347 - 12/10/08 09:06 PM Re: New Audya Demos
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
I just read the Audya specs again and it looks like the Sampler RAM is factory shipped with a total of 64MB already installed with apparently NO ability to expand the RAM. So that means that all the samples you transfer (load) into the Audya will have to be loaded into the Hard Drive??? Whereas the 64MB of Sampler RAM will be used exclusively for audio Instrument loops and only for the purpose of editing the audio loops?? and once edited you transfer them to the Hard Disk where they will be streamed from the Disk when you call them up???

Also, on the USB thingy. I noticed that the Audya has USB to Host AND to Device so I would like to think that the Audya WILL have USB 2.0. I think I noticed that once before but it has been over a year or more since I refreshed my self on the Audya's specs. Presently there is nothing confirmed from Ketron as of yet - but we seem to grope around and find our own rays of light piercing the darkness on occasion without them. Whether those rays of light are actually factual or not is anyone's guess because only Ketron knows for sure what the "real" answers "really" are. And so far they are keeping the USB answer to themselves for whatever reason; and God and Ketron only knows why that is. >> The tip-off is USB to "Device" (if they're using the same term as Yamaha uses To Device for). Korg uses To "Host" to mean an external Hard Drive, Thumb Drive, etc. whilst Yamaha uses To Device to mean the same thing. If the Audya can 'handle' To Device through USB, my guess is the Audya USB interface WILL be USB 2.0. Stranger things have happened though of course, and Ketron could theoretically use USB 1.1 in conjunction with a To Device USB port. Why on EARTH they would ever consider doing such a thing is inconceivable to me though, and hopefully they haven't with the Audya.

But still no word from Ketron regarding the true nature of the Audya's USB interface is mind boggling in itself if you ask me, and leaves a very undesirable taste in my mouth as far as trusting or relying upon Ketron for conclusive answers to my other questions and/or support of their products in the future if I buy one. AJ has answered some of our questions here on this forum and I thank him for that but why does he or Ketron proper have to be soooooooo selective in the questions they deem appropriate to answer?? We're talking about a NEW keyboard being released in approximately a month and Ketron is still hesitant to answer some of our most basic questions about it??? When will they ever learn that you HAVE to GET THE WORD OUT (hello??) if you want people to turn around and purchase your products! Why would someone purchase one of Ketron's products if their fundamental questions about some of its "basic" functions of operation continually goes unanswered by the Company that produces that very product?? Just a thought....

All I can say is, if Ketron will NOT answer some of these very pressing and pertinent questions we put to forth to them, we ALL had better make very certain that the Audya comes with a 30 day money back guarantee on it. >> The place over in the UK that was selling a prototype Audya a few months ago was an "ALL SALES ARE FINAL" transaction with NO possibility of a return or refund. God help us if when the 'production' Audya goes on sale in January and Ketron stipulates that very same "tactic" (tactical error more like ) with each and every Audya it attempts to sell to the public. If they do, my guess is they'll sell VERY FEW of them if any at all. [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/wink.gif[/img] I know I wouldn't buy it if they did something as dastardly as that. [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/mad.gif[/img] Don't even think about it Ketron... [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/wink.gif[/img]

Best, Mike

#250348 - 12/10/08 10:07 PM Re: New Audya Demos
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
There is NOTHING, NOTHING, [b]N-O-T-H-I-N-G-!!! that takes the place of GOOD musicians playing together ... That said, if we NEED to play an arranger, of course we want the best voices, drums, styles, etc. ... THAT being said, what is BEST for one is not necessarily best for another ...

t. [/B]

Thats not what buyers of multiplatnium loop based rap album after Rap album and HipHop groups that win Awards and out sell traditional bands year after year would indicate.

People would rather dance to a DJ spinning loop based music then a live band. The dearth of live bands making a living doing so is more than proof. There are far more OMBs ,Karaoke DJs and Dance DJS making their sole living in music venues.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#250349 - 12/11/08 01:55 PM Re: New Audya Demos
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
"So that means that all the samples you transfer (load) into the Audya will have to be loaded into the Hard Drive??? Whereas the 64MB of Sampler RAM will be used exclusively for audio Instrument loops and only for the purpose of editing the audio loops?? and once edited you transfer them to the Hard Disk where they will be streamed from the Disk when you call them up???"

YES ... You got it

#250350 - 12/11/08 02:04 PM Re: New Audya Demos
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
OK, yes, I double checked the Audya specs page. You're right, Mike. Only 64MB for the sampler RAM (if loops stream, that means they are read directly, rather than buffered in RAM - that would be loading, NOT streaming).

That's a severe oversight if it can't be expanded. But be that as it may, you can still get a few critical things in under 64MB. But, ESPECIALLY as it is so small, it's load up time is even more important, as you will need to be banging things in and out of it a lot more often...

Me, I am not TOO worried. I CAN wait for the production model's specs to become known. But an advance look (and advance notice to the design team that a 64MB sampler in the days of 1GB for T3 or 256MB for PA2Xpro, is really NOT sufficient) would be nice.

To repeat, Dan01.... I am not the slightest bit interested in LOOP load up times (it is reported they stream, so no load up time at all), but in the loading of sampler INSTRUMENTS.

#250351 - 12/11/08 02:09 PM Re: New Audya Demos
miden Offline

Loc: The World
So Diki, getting ready for your MediaStation?

Dennis

Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 8 9 10

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online