SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 >
Topic Options
#250295 - 12/06/08 06:00 PM Re: New Audya Demos
zuki Offline

Sorry Chas - won't match wits against you - you're too clever.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#250296 - 12/06/08 06:27 PM Re: New Audya Demos
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
whatever

#250297 - 12/06/08 11:32 PM Re: New Audya Demos
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Although these demos are pretty good if you know how to play, it will be interesting to see how the Audya stacks up to Top Dog TYROS 3 in sound, support & sales.
I predict it to be more of an expensive specialty piece vs a mainstream Home Arranger. Time will tell & so will the Price especially in these economically stressed times.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 12-05-2008).]

Agreed. If you are going to use Audio loops a decent controller and a Notebook computer with some decent VSTis could sound just as good. There are some really great sample libraries out there for far far less money.

Like DIKI says its ALL about styles. thats what Arrangers are for. Without styles just about any TOTL workstation and all computer based samplers will blow away many Arrangers.

Without a boatload of styles the Audya would be akin to owning a Ferrari in NYC.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#250298 - 12/06/08 11:49 PM Re: New Audya Demos
Kingfrog Offline

Quote:
Chas an arranger is a very useful tool for the OMB player who is making a living there's nothing wrong with that in any way shape or form.Your all alone & need to sound like a full band plain & simple all gigs are not, jazz piano or solo intimate cocktail dinner gigs, there's no way around pumping a full dance floor with dance music of any kind alone with having help with the likes of Styles, SMF, Riffs, loops, Mp3/CD backing tracks...times have changed, audience acceptance has really changed, musicians have changed, weather we accept it or not. You have to do what you have to do.....& guess what its gonna get much worse down the road just wait and see.No matter what happens, if your a player your a player, if your a faker so be it because in today's world sadly its ALL accepted right or wrong.

Thank You

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 12-06-2008).]

The proof is already out there that live bands don;t matter....K A R A O K E....

There are places here paying $45 an hour for Karaoke/Dance music. One person 5-6 hours 7 nights a week in the Spring Summer and Fall (3 nights in Dec Jan Feb) with a notebook computer and Roxbox and WinAmp hooked into the house system. Do the math.

Bands are not the money earners here in Myrtle Beach. There are far more venues for singles,duos and Karaoke DJs paying more per individual then a band member would earn and working in one's own backyard rather then driving hours to gigs,

Still haven't seen an Arranger player in a club or restaurant though. To this day I have never witnessed a single or duo with a Arranger keyboard. Tracks and drum machines, But no Arrangers. I find that strange given many play with tracks and/or drum machines including my wife who has earned her living for 30 years playing. She won't take the T3 to a gig. Always 88 and tracks made with the T3 and RD700.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#250299 - 12/06/08 11:53 PM Re: New Audya Demos
Kingfrog Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
Ummm, but who would you rather hear in a club, the Audya or the group of musicians that played the parts live on those loops? Just asking?

chas

I'd rather hear the Audya. You rarely hear a band that can afford a professional Sound engineer in a club with their own PA. Bands sound a lot rougher (some may say more "live")and far louder and harsh than the smooth well mixed sound of an Arranger keyboard of any brand.

I'd rather SEE a live band that has show. I would rather HEAR a good player with an Arranger in the same venue.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#250300 - 12/07/08 01:23 AM Re: New Audya Demos
chony Offline

Loc: New York
I like these Audya demos. Finally somebody is making a keyboard that works like it should in 2008, right out of the box.

But when is the release date? I thought it was supposed to be out last year already...

And I would like to hear some of the Brass, trumpet and Electric guitar samples that can be played on the Audya (not the Audio ones that were recorded by live musicians.)

#250301 - 12/07/08 07:50 AM Re: New Audya Demos
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by chony:
.... Finally somebody is making a keyboard that works like it should in 2008, right out of the box...

Right out of the box? Nah, don't think it is, but the demos sounds nice.
Looking forward to see a "live" demo similiar to the T3 demos we've seen.
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#250302 - 12/07/08 07:59 AM Re: New Audya Demos
Dnj Offline

What about support, service, parts, & timely repairs if needed? Where?

#250303 - 12/07/08 08:55 AM Re: New Audya Demos
Dnj Offline

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41svt8FAKrU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckhG9weg1Ls&feature=related

How come these demos dont sound like the new posted ones?....intense studio processing & EQ comes to mind. But real demos played by the average player is what I want to listen too before I make a decision, then I want to play it first hand. remember ....When the Fog lifts you can see the road again

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 12-07-2008).]

#250304 - 12/07/08 09:56 AM Re: New Audya Demos
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
remember ....When the Fog lifts you can see the road again

....or, braking tailights two feet in front of you .

Page 5 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online