SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 >
Topic Options
#250285 - 12/06/08 11:41 AM Re: New Audya Demos
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I think this new Ketron sounds great.. I do however feel they need to play catch up with a few of their sounds though.

Regardless.., I'd take a REAL live band any day over ANY keyboard on the market. There's nothing IMO that replaces that. I don't care how much the bloody thing cost. NO keyboard will replace what a group of live musicians can do.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#250286 - 12/06/08 11:49 AM Re: New Audya Demos
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
BTW, Dom, if you are trolling this thread....

I've got a sneaking suspicion your arranger COULD sound this good. It's got the technology. But these Audya demos kick major ass, and yours are, well, you know what we think of most of those

Ketron are spending the money on getting high quality, professional demos, high quality professional styles and loops, and I honestly think they are going to sell very well, at least in comparison to the MS for that very reason. NOT because technically it's any better than the MS. In fact, without VSTi capability, it ISN'T...

But it SOUNDS better on those demos, and that is where most are going to get their conclusions from, and make their buying decisions. Perhaps NOW is the time to take a break from never-ending OS upgrades, and finally concentrate on this, I think what most of us here would consider the MOST important aspect of an arranger (or at least the most important consideration while we are shopping around)...

The CONTENT, and the demos...

I have listen this new demos too and on the web are really good!
But before we can say really GOOD, we know the story of the Yamaha T3 demos and the T3 demos who made at home are totally different.
This because and for sure yammy will full process and then post online and then in Real the T3 sounds about the same like the T2.

I think is the same story with the Audya..the al demos seem more a sequences made with a SEQ and NOT played in realtime.
Are to mcu perfect, no one wrong notes and all the global sounds have a lot of reverb..

sorry but for me smell strange...but we will know when you there you can play with your hands.

In my last post I have asked who in Audya will make the sampler...the PC CPU Intel or the Dream 9708 chipset??
they have updates the demos and seem also the specifications: http://www.ketron.it/prodotti/dettagli.asp?sezione=1&idProdotto=30

197 notes, it mean that are two dream chip.
sam9708 can drive Up to 256Mb ROM/RAM, sam 9707? about 64Mb ROM/RAM..
HOW can the PC Pentium intel manage only 64Mb sampler??
If I'm wrong, just correct me.

the two chips DSP are only 16bit with a lot of noise effects and can NOT share the memory RAM/ROM.

How you told before the problem is the ROM grooves, what happen if you want load more samples?
About then the long loading time and RAM limitation, wich DSP engine will load this new samples? The arranger/midiplayer DSP or the Keyboard sampler DSP?

Please, you can just compare right now the new styles that they have posted, but you can not compare with the open way of the qranger system.
In qranger we dont have ANY RAM, midi and audio tracks limitation, all is realtime straming with also unlimited mid Outputs.

One week more and then we release the OS ubuntu and we are also ready for remake all again the al new styles. ( the system Qranger is totally changed to native version)

Let's wait when this Audya will be available, play with yours hands and then we can discuss more..
Take the example and the story of the T3....

Enjoy what you play...

[This message has been edited by LIONSTRACS (edited 12-06-2008).]

#250287 - 12/06/08 12:21 PM Re: New Audya Demos
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I play Ketron when necessary. I choose to play live with real players whenever possible.

A machine will never do it for me.

Russ

#250288 - 12/06/08 12:35 PM Re: New Audya Demos
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
Donny, whoa. I agree with every word you're saying. I was just lamenting the direction musicians seem to be going, perhaps putting too much emphasis on the ease of getting a good performance (courtesy of arranger features) as opposed to being a good player. Of course, the advantage of being a good player is that you can sound good on just about anything. Wanna' be a hero? Let the electricity go or your synth go kaput in the middle of a gig, and you calmly walk over to the old (but tuned ) upright in the corner, and proceed to 'wow' them (well, for one tune anyway). After that, you could play SMF's or MP3's all night and it would be okay.

chas

Chas buddy it's too late, the musical downfall demise is already in play for years.$Money$ Prevails vs Talent now .....it's a sorry sad state of affairs....we're doomed!

#250289 - 12/06/08 01:14 PM Re: New Audya Demos
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by mc:
I tell you what I would take the audya over a live band in a heart beat, also I sure that there isn't to many live bands out there that will sound as good as the audya.

Ummm, but who would you rather hear in a club, the Audya or the group of musicians that played the parts live on those loops? Just asking?

chas

#250290 - 12/06/08 01:26 PM Re: New Audya Demos
Dnj Offline

Like this Chas........?
http://www.b3monaco.com/

"I'll Remember Jimmy" song which blows me away toward the end when Tony starts to strech out OMG those full power chords!!!!!

The Yamaha Tyros "BeBop" Jazz style takes a stab at this kind of trading solos on VAR4 & 2.....

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 12-06-2008).]

#250291 - 12/06/08 04:15 PM Re: New Audya Demos
cgiles Offline

Yeah, take that Audya.

Good stuff. Tony's a great player. Your piasanos do pretty well after the brothers show them how . (PLEASE note the EXTRA smilies).

chas

#250292 - 12/06/08 05:11 PM Re: New Audya Demos
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Well, there you go again, Dom... (only Reagan quote you'll ever get from me!)

Here we are, talking MUSIC, and here you are babbling techno-jive. You just don't get it, do ya? We don't give a rats whether there are 8 bit converters or a V12 under the hood...

We care what it sounds like. 24 bit crap sounds worse than 12 bit great music. Period. And yes, everybody sequences demos. They sequence them from arranger play, then edit, whatever. So do most of us, at least those using them for recording and writing purposes, and many live users are a mix of arranger and sequenced. So please, don't comne on all high and mighty.

Stop quoting some technical bull, and start to realize that we don't care. We care the MOST about what the demos sound like, because it gives us an accurate idea of what is the BEST that the machine could sound. Great players and programmers, making the most of the onboard sounds and styles.

So far, you haven't given us a CLUE about what is the BEST the MS can sound. In fact, you've given many of us what we hope is the WORST it could (Lord help us if it could sound even worse in our hands! ).

Just hire someone as good as Ketron have used, to make demos for your arranger... On board sounds, styles and grooves. Beat the Ketron demos, or no-one in their right mind is going to think the MS is better. No matter HOW many chip facts, bitrate comparisons or other technobabble you spout.

REAL musicians don't care. They don't have to. They can hear it in the demos. But if the demos suck, none of us are going 'wow! listen to those converters! that's the most pristine sounding crap I ever heard!'

#250293 - 12/06/08 05:34 PM Re: New Audya Demos
zuki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Chas buddy it's too late, the musical downfall demise is already in play for years.$Money$ Prevails vs Talent now .....it's a sorry sad state of affairs....we're doomed!

Don't be muscled. It takes tremendous talent and countless hours of preparation to play a professional arranger performance. Put the chops and vocals together and you can rival anyone. I've heard bands that cannot even play the right chords - acoustic or not, they sound like crap in some cases. Give me a good arranger performance over a bad band performance any day.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#250294 - 12/06/08 05:40 PM Re: New Audya Demos
cgiles Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
Give me a good arranger performance over a bad band performance any day.

Zuki, that was never the issue. Read the whole thing before your knee starts jerking.

chas

Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online