SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#249742 - 12/01/08 03:51 PM Re: Roland items for sale...
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Nick..., I am reading the posts. I've read all of them. What you need to understand is that I may not agree with your point of view. Doesn't make me, you, Diki, or Ian wrong or right.., but I am reading the posts.

I will say that no good comes from a topic when members resort to such childish and instigative tactics like bringing up a members name in other posts that have NOTHING to do with that member. I'm not talking about this particular post.., but to use a post a member has no association with as an outlet to go OT and make snide comments is just childish.

Also these topics quickly go to sh*&$ because some members can't accept that other's have a different view on the subject... Just because a person doesn't share your opinion does not mean they don't understand the topic or what's going on. They just don't agree with you. Simple as that.

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 12-01-2008).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#249743 - 12/01/08 04:09 PM Re: Roland items for sale...
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Nick G:

Its so obvious that when Donny has a particular keyboard - he very sneakily (not sure if thats a word lol) slips in those posts and threads about "ohh how come no one is buying Tyros 3s" and "how come Korg has all these problems? hope it gets fixed in OS 2.0"... stuff like that...

it may sound innocent but we all know what the motive is behind it...

So you noticed this as well...very interesting.

Ian

#249744 - 12/01/08 04:30 PM Re: Roland items for sale...
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
"Maybe another quick solution to thread spamming could be if members were restricted to only creating 2 threads per day per forum...

what does everyone think?"

Nick..if that was the case...we wouldn't have your last post..in response to Squeak...

Sorry Fran - I meant Threads/Topics not Posts.

#249745 - 12/01/08 04:34 PM Re: Roland items for sale...
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
Nick..., I am reading the posts. I've read all of them. What you need to understand is that I may not agree with your point of view. Doesn't make me, you, Diki, or Ian wrong or right.., but I am reading the posts.

I will say that no good comes from a topic when members resort to such childish and instigative tactics like bringing up a members name in other posts that have NOTHING to do with that member. I'm not talking about this particular post.., but to use a post a member has no association with as an outlet to go OT and make snide comments is just childish.

Also these topics quickly go to sh*&$ because some members can't accept that other's have a different view on the subject... Just because a person doesn't share your opinion does not mean they don't understand the topic or what's going on. They just don't agree with you. Simple as that.

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 12-01-2008).]

Fair call Squeak, understood. we all have our opinions, I respect yours and happy that you can respect mine...

#249746 - 12/01/08 04:43 PM Re: Roland items for sale...
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I've always respected your opinions Nick. I know that not everyone is going to be on the same page as I am regarding an opinion to a subject, but how boring this forum would be if everyone was on the same page
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#249747 - 12/01/08 06:27 PM Re: Roland items for sale...
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
If anyone had looked closely at my posts, it is easy to see I don't want Donny to take his ball and go play somewhere else. I would like Donny to post MORE, in fact. But I'd like Donny to post about things that his opinion DOESN'T change 180º every few weeks, that plenty of members here COULD benefit from.

There is much he could do to contribute, and make this place into a far better environment, but as probably 90% of what he posts is reversed within weeks, and ALL of it is argued with fervor, it isn't, IMO, helping anything other than get this place the reputation it so unarguably deserves. Next to nothing about music, next to nothing about playing, and every last whim argued for (or against) as if it were dogma. And Jihad against anyone that dares contradict what his 'opinion of the day' is

It's like working in an Alzheimer's ward Donny has conveniently forgotten every last jibe, taunt,. putdown, snide or backhanded comment he made about everyone ELSE'S arranger as soon as he changes (for all the 'pro-Donny' faction, how about just a LITTLE criticism of how snide HE can be when it suits him, eh? Or is it only US that isn't allowed to be offhand? )

Trouble is, for those of us just a little less capricious, it is only too easy to remember how hostile he could get while he was on the other side of the fence. You would honestly think, by now, that as he already KNOWS just how often he is going to change, being a little less hostile during the brief time he will have with what he has about everything else (and a little less gushing about what he DOES) would make these frequent transitions so much smoother for us all

You know, it's the third rail for a politician to flip-flop positions in the US (probably most places). You MIGHT get away with reversing your position once, but that's it. Reverse it every few weeks, and NO-ONE will ever vote for you again... Donny flip-flops constantly, but somehow mysteriously expects us to still take him seriously (and gets all huffy when he doesn't get it). He would not give respect to anyone else that was as inconstant, why expect it from us..?

Why not restrict himself to opinions that he has held for a year or more? Like playing styles, entertaining (you KNOW he doesn't change his act so radically every few weeks - he wouldn't be booked at all doing that!), stuff he is SURE he won't reverse next week.

But to offer an opinion that no reasonable person could possibly infer isn't going to get reversed is just a waste. It isn't just tossing pearls before swine.

It is tossing swine before pearls...

Don't take your ball and leave, Donny. Let's just play a different game. One where the rules don't change every quarter...

#249748 - 12/01/08 11:28 PM Re: Roland items for sale...
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Some food for thought:

(From Wikipedia.org); more references can be found here

Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is usually considered to be a neurobehavioral[1] developmental disorder.[2] It affects about 3-5% of school aged children[3] with symptoms starting before seven years of age. It is characterized by a persistent pattern of impulsiveness and inattention, with or without a component of hyperactivity.[4] ADHD occurs twice as commonly in boys as in girls.[5] ADHD is generally a chronic[6] disorder with 10 to 40% of individuals diagnosed in childhood continuing to meet diagnostic criteria in adulthood.[7][8] As they mature, adolescents and adults with ADHD are likely to develop coping mechanisms to compensate for their impairment.[9]

Though previously regarded as a childhood diagnosis ADHD can continue throughout adulthood.[10] ADHD has a strong genetic component.[11]

The most common symptoms of ADHD are[24][25]:

* Impulsiveness: acting before thinking of consequences, jumping from one activity to another, disorganization, tendency to interrupt during conversations.[24]
* Hyperactivity: restlessness, often characterized by an inability to sit still, fidgeting, squirminess, climbing on things, restless sleep.[24]
* Inattention: easily distracted, zoning out, not finishing work, difficulty listening.[24]

Not knowing Donny in person I cannot be 100% sure that this is his problem, but sure as hell he HAS a problem that needs treatment.
I don't want him to leave this Forum, but the way he is now he can give this Forum only 20% (maybe) of what he has to offer; the remaining 80% of the time in my opinion he is just making a fool of himself and is losing all his credibility, like others have remarked, and this is really a sad thing.

#249749 - 12/02/08 03:14 AM Re: Roland items for sale...
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
LEAVE DONNY ALONE!!!!!!!!

chas

#249750 - 12/02/08 04:18 AM Re: Roland items for sale...
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
now, wasn't it funny to read this thread so far?

especially last two posts!

now really, no one hates donny, you couldn't since he's always very nice and helpful. we all are happy to read his posts, they are always colourful and that is always good!

it's just the mind changing every two weeks that is confusing. for everyone. and is not only donny who did it, i remember someone else from this forum that did the same too. last week sold the pa800, only to buy it again this week.

#249751 - 12/02/08 05:04 AM Re: Roland items for sale...
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Who?

Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online