SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 10 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#249732 - 12/01/08 08:57 AM Re: Roland items for sale...
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
I'm in Donny's court on this one. In the last year I have had as many keyboards as Donny PSR3000, Tyros 2, G70, Pa800. Now I own the Pa2xPro and an S900. I'm one restless and a bit frustrated musician at times. Difference is Donny maintains a higher profile on this forum than I do, so he gets bashed. One thing I can say is Donny has been a great help when I ask for it, I've had a number of phone conversations with him in the past and he has set me on the right path. I'd hate to see him not visit and post to the forum. Many of his topics get the most hits and responses. Besides as Tony Mads states, " Life is about choices." And if you've been blessed with the resources to do so, then all the more power to you.

#249733 - 12/01/08 09:20 AM Re: Roland items for sale...
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenm52:
I'm in Donny's court on this one.

Steve,

I don't think any of us want Donny to leave...I really like the guy and we have had many chats through private e-mail and he's always been a gentleman.

And, personally, I don't think Donny has a "problem"...I think he just gets bored with using a particular arranger and wants something different...that's understandable.

What might be hard to understand sometimes is the reversal in opinion on instruments...as it's already been said, he bashes one for a time and then buys it...then it's better than the rest...then he gets bored, or influenced by someone or something, and the Holy Grail becomes another tin cup...fairly confusing for any lurkers out there, especially when Donny posts these reversals so often(I don't know where he finds the time if he's gigging so often).

He's had his friends and others talk him out of buying or selling...he even invites this quite often...and, then it all changes again.

I don't have anything against his buying practises....that's his own business, but you must admit, it all gets a little confusing and sometimes even amusing.

This place would be pretty dull without Donny's antics...I miss him already.

Ian

#249734 - 12/01/08 09:36 AM Re: Roland items for sale...
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Seems this thread has become a tug-of-fun, (not war) between Donny sympathisers and Donny bashers...

...but if we analyze closely, no one here dislikes Donny, nor they question his musicianship/entertainer status.

As said before, and judging from previous audio snippets posted, Donny is exceptional, gifted in a way, in what he does. So some of us may have to look closely and copy what he does.

In the same manner, some of us may want to distance ourselves a little from his comments on various arrangers, because (in my humble opinion) there isn't any "read-between-the-lines-and-ye-shall-discover-the-truth" in Donny's comments, but only some kind of constant thoughts. More like a blog, or a diary. He seems to write about what is currently on his mind.... And if his mind changes opinion, it reflects on the writing as well.

I think the forum will be poorer without Donny, as much as it is poorer now than it was some years ago.

#249735 - 12/01/08 01:22 PM Re: Roland items for sale...
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
OMG...what is wrong with you people. A guy posts a for sale ad because he want's to try something else, and the next thing you know he's being asked not to leave the forum.

WTF? Some of you (and you know who you are) should just hang around the Brittany Spears or Taylor Swift Fan forum(s) with people your own age.

Gimme a break.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#249736 - 12/01/08 01:27 PM Re: Roland items for sale...
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada

#249737 - 12/01/08 02:14 PM Re: Roland items for sale...
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Hi Squeak,

I admit the fact that 'bashing' another member of the forum is extremely childish but with all due respect the man has lost all credibility for his advice on product information based on opinion or experience.

If you go to a Ford dealer and a salesman tells you how great this particular Ford is and that everything else is no good, that may be fair enough and you might beleive him - he may be telling the truth, but then if you go across the rd 2 weeks later to a Dodge dealer and the same salesman is there now saying that Dodge is the greatest then what are you going to think of this salesman??

Its so obvious that when Donny has a particular keyboard - he very sneakily (not sure if thats a word lol) slips in those posts and threads about "ohh how come no one is buying Tyros 3s" and "how come Korg has all these problems? hope it gets fixed in OS 2.0"... stuff like that...

it may sound innocent but we all know what the motive is behind it...

Donny has a great character, hes always been helpful and jumped on his email to send someone (myself including) when we need a particular style or whatever. I just think the act is a bit too childish or attention seeking for my liking and it appears that a few other members of this forum get annoyed as well...

Nick

#249738 - 12/01/08 02:16 PM Re: Roland items for sale...
Nick G Offline

by the way Donny - Please dont leave the forum!

I just think that sometimes when I log on its like "this forum is all about Donny and what he is doing today"...

Maybe another quick solution to thread spamming could be if members were restricted to only creating 2 threads per day per forum...

what does everyone think?

#249739 - 12/01/08 02:48 PM Re: Roland items for sale...
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
It also doesn't help when Donny's bashed by members in topics that he has nothing to do with.., nor even posted under. Bringing him up in this mannor is clearly childish and instigative....
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#249740 - 12/01/08 03:21 PM Re: Roland items for sale...
Nick G Offline

I do see where your coming from Squeak, but when someone posts anything in an internet forum, they have to take into account that any other member can read the post and they have a right to comment or voice there opinion on it.

Squeek I am worried that you are not actually reading my posts above as well as Diki's and Ian's word for word? I think you will find we are being fair and reasonable in our responses on this topic...

My opinion Donny has bought this all on by himself... He came out saying "why bother anymore im leaving the forum etc etc" and members are finally stepping up saying "finally he realizes how embarrassing he is!"

Its his decision if he wants to leave or not so lets move on and talk about Arranger keyboards...

Nick

#249741 - 12/01/08 03:51 PM Re: Roland items for sale...
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
"Maybe another quick solution to thread spamming could be if members were restricted to only creating 2 threads per day per forum...

what does everyone think?"

Nick..if that was the case...we wouldn't have your last post..in response to Squeak...

Page 6 of 10 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online