SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 >
Topic Options
#249712 - 11/29/08 10:15 PM Re: Roland items for sale...
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
1- If someone wants to buy and sell an item there is a dedicate section in this Forum; there is no need to spam other users on a regular basis with this kind of threads here.
But...
2- like Mike wrote, someone here has a serious problem, as shown by the number of (mostly useless) threads he keeps on posting. This has a negative impact on this Forum and many times I have found myself thinking that the Synthzone would be a better place without this kind of "impulsive" members. So I am glad to know that someone has decided to take a temporary vacation from the Forum, even if I seriously doubt that he will be able to stick to this decision.
Good luck.

#249713 - 11/30/08 08:57 AM Re: Roland items for sale...
John DiLeo Offline

Donny has always helped me when I had a problem using my kb. He took the time to explain things to me either on the phone or email with setups or styles, smf songs. I always appreciate his experience & help. What we need is more people like him instead of all the silly bickering that goes on here all time. It's Holiday time can't we just enjoy our keyboards & music.

John

#249714 - 11/30/08 12:30 PM Re: Roland items for sale...
Lucky2Bhere Offline

I glanced at this thread a few days ago. I never thought it would go this far! What’s with this “crucify Donny crusade” because he changes keyboards every other day? Are your reprimands possibly a front for jealousy?

What he does is HIS business. Why should what Donny does with his musical affairs and decisions have any bearing on anyone else in here? I mean, like....he’s the owner/director and registered owner of his own life and Captain of his own ship. Although it was gracious of him to apologize for his actions, why does he need to apologize to ANYONE? Why aren’t those who are taking the time to "throw stones" using that time to....PRACTICE? Does what Donny does with his keyboards change anyone’s life here…..I doubt it!

I go through the same thing in search of a keyboard that I can wear comfortably. The only difference being I’ll try every piece in the store and play each board until the cows come home before I make my choice. If Donny decides to "buy" first and "try" second and "sell" third, then he has every right to do so without answering to anyone. I half envy him that he has the extra moolah to indulge himself. I only wish I had the luxury to do what he does...audition keyboards in the comfort of my living room!

Methinks some of you assassins here might have too much time on your hands in blowing this thread way out of proportion.

Lucky

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Ahh whats the use anymore...this thread really shows whats going on here.
Maybe it's time I fade away like many of the old time Pro contributors who used to post. Starting Monday I wont have much time anyway to post here with the Holiday gig season upon us in full force..
You can always email me if needed.

Happy Holiday

#249715 - 11/30/08 12:45 PM Re: Roland items for sale...
Lucky2Bhere Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
1- If someone wants to buy and sell an item there is a dedicate section in this Forum; there is no need to spam other users on a regular basis with this kind of threads here.
But...
2- like Mike wrote, someone here has a serious problem, as shown by the number of (mostly useless) threads he keeps on posting. This has a negative impact on this Forum and many times I have found myself thinking that the Synthzone would be a better place without this kind of "impulsive" members. So I am glad to know that someone has decided to take a temporary vacation from the Forum, even if I seriously doubt that he will be able to stick to this decision.
Good luck.

Dreamer:

You wrote:

1- If someone wants to buy and sell an item there is a dedicated section in this Forum; there is no need to spam other users on a regular basis with this kind of threads here

Lucky: I don‘t consider Donny‘s post as spam. Perhaps you need to end up on some rogue’s mailing list and then you’ll see what spam really is! The worst Donny did was take up ½ inch of posting space on the message board.

But...
2- like Mike wrote, someone here has a serious problem, as shown by the number of (mostly useless) threads he keeps on posting.

Lucky: Right…..and no one else in here has any “problems!“ I consider cancer a problem…..NOT selling my keyboards!

This has a negative impact on this Forum and many times I have found myself thinking that the Synthzone would be a better place without this kind of "impulsive" members.

Lucky: I don’t know. I saw this posting 2-3 days ago and don’t remember suffering any serious bouts of depression after reading it. Further “the Synthzone would be a better place” ...if folks here spent more time playing and trading musical ideas instead of talking about other members.

So I am glad to know that someone has decided to take a temporary vacation from the Forum, even if I seriously doubt that he will be able to stick to this decision.

Lucky: I hope he doesn’t (take a vacation). He is as valuable a member as anyone. Try looking at the rest of what he’s about (the good stuff) instead of just pointing out his famous keyboard sales!

Good luck

#249716 - 11/30/08 01:55 PM Re: Roland items for sale...
John DiLeo Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky2Bhere:
I glanced at this thread a few days ago. I never thought it would go this far! What’s with this “crucify Donny crusade” because he changes keyboards every other day? Are your reprimands possibly a front for jealousy?

What he does is HIS business. Why should what Donny does with his musical affairs and decisions have any bearing on anyone else in here? I mean, like....he’s the owner/director and registered owner of his own life and Captain of his own ship. Although it was gracious of him to apologize for his actions, why does he need to apologize to ANYONE? Why aren’t those who are taking the time to "throw stones" using that time to....PRACTICE? Does what Donny does with his keyboards change anyone’s life here…..I doubt it!

I go through the same thing in search of a keyboard that I can wear comfortably. The only difference being I’ll try every piece in the store and play each board until the cows come home before I make my choice. If Donny decides to "buy" first and "try" second and "sell" third, then he has every right to do so without answering to anyone. I half envy him that he has the extra moolah to indulge himself. I only wish I had the luxury to do what he does...audition keyboards in the comfort of my living room!

Methinks some of you assassins here might have too much time on your hands in blowing this thread way out of proportion.

Lucky

Lucky I enjoyed reading your posts & agree with most of what you said here. Finally a voice of reason. It's very refreshing vs all the constant negativity, ill will & controversy.

Thank You

#249717 - 11/30/08 02:15 PM Re: Roland items for sale...
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky2Bhere:

It's obvious that you and I have different opinions on this subject; unfortunately I have no interest whatsoever in discussing this issue with you.
Maybe, if you had been a member of this Forum for a longer time, you could understand a little more the reasons that led me to write what I wrote. I have to say, however, that I kind of envy your naivete.
Good luck to you as well.

#249718 - 11/30/08 02:20 PM Re: Roland items for sale...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I for one hope Donny stays around -
Memo to Dnj - even with your holiday gig schedule, I KNOW you can find time to visit and post -
What difference does it make to ANYONE how many kbs Donny buys or sells or how often ?!?!? .. If it is the fact that Donny praises whatever kb is in his hands at the time and that might lead someone to buy it when it might not be the right kb for that person, then who is the fool - Donny for praising it or the person who buys it based ONLY on someone else's evaluation ?!?!? ...
As I have often stated, much to the wonderment of a LOT of people here, I am STILL playing a technics kn6000 ... not based on the evaluations of anyone here to be sure, but based on MY OWN NEEDS AND DESIRES !!! and I KNOW that dollar for dollar, feature for feature, sound for sound, it is better than any board ANY of YOU are playing !!!

Donny - stick around man - this board is the BEST BECAUSE of the sum of its parts ...
And as far as posting that he has goods for sale, how many others have done the same thing?

t.

#249719 - 11/30/08 03:45 PM Re: Roland items for sale...
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
"not based on the evaluations of anyone here to be sure, but based on MY OWN NEEDS AND DESIRES !!! "

Tony..same here....I listen to no one's sale pitch...or my "flaky friends"..

I use what I like...popular or not...I went with the Roland G1000 on it's own merit and it turned out to be a "BIG" winner for me..

I also tried many other Roland boards and also Ketron, Korg, Casio, and Yamaha...the hard way...I purchased them.. ...really the only way to get to know what they can do...

Other people opinions are not the reason I keep or determine to "dump" a board..

Even my decision to buy a G70 did not come easily...not because it wasn't a great board...I knew it would be...as I mentioned before I owned all the prior models that were incorporated in the G70...What made it a slower process than normal for me to get the G70...I was already more than pleased with my G1000..

After a few months owning the G1000 and the G70...I had an offer I couldn't refuse for my G1000..

Opinions do not sway me!!!!!!!!

#249720 - 11/30/08 04:43 PM Re: Roland items for sale...
Songman55 Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD USA
It would be a real shame to lose Donny on this forum, especially for a bullshit reason like trading keyboards. He trades often, I tend to hold on to a board forever. I'm no better or worse than he is and vice versa. These things shouldn't matter. The fact that he does trade often is a good thing for me because he always posts detailed reviews here from a pro's point of view and these are very helpful to me. Plus I appreciate his sense of humor and love of life.

Joe

------------------
Songman55
Joe Ayala

#249721 - 11/30/08 04:58 PM Re: Roland items for sale...
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Over the past two years I have often found myself in the buy/trade/sell circle. For those who haven't been involved, it is possible to spend little - and possibly make a little - on each transaction. Much has to do with your purchase price and your selling price. If you can buy a $1500 board for $1100 and use it for three months and sell it for $1250, where's the loss.

Donny doesn't necessarily have MORE money than the rest of us (altho I hear he's filthy rich ) but I'm sure his separate music account fluctuates up and down with each purchase. I'm sure if he didn't have the cash and the opportunities at keyboards he would be a little less "impulsive."

Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online