SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#249762 - 12/02/08 05:00 PM Re: Roland items for sale...
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Note the difference between Russ and Donny, though...

Russ doesn't slag everybody else's gear when he acquires a new keyboard, and then doesn't slam it (and it's users) when it gets relegated to the warehouse. Class behavior all around, IMO...

Some of you are acting like we are crucifying Jesus Christ, here. Far from it! Jesus is the one who urged us to 'turn the other cheek' NOT go 'an eye for an eye'.

Donny is merely reaping what he has sown for years. The chicken hats are coming home to roost

#249763 - 12/02/08 05:09 PM Re: Roland items for sale...
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Note the difference between Russ and Donny, though...

Russ doesn't slag everybody else's gear when he acquires a new keyboard, and then doesn't slam it (and it's users) when it gets relegated to the warehouse. Class behavior all around, IMO...

Some of you are acting like we are crucifying Jesus Christ, here. Far from it! Jesus is the one who urged us to 'turn the other cheek' NOT go 'an eye for an eye'.

Donny is merely reaping what he has sown for years. The chicken hats are coming home to roost

Sorry guys but i really agree with Diki on this one.

Its so frustrating to be given all this advice from someone (Donny) about how great his keyboard is and how crap Korg or Yamaha are and then a few days later he sells his keyboard and buys the one hes been bagging out.

Thats what I find extremely frustrating. It looks like Diki, Ian and possibly a few others feel like this as well.

For the ones that dont feel this way thats fine, but you need to respect the way we feel about this and we are not going to just accept the strong comments you are making about us and our opinions on this matter...

Donny has basically shot himself in the foot. And he has done this far more than just once... And like Diki said - we don't want him to dissapear and not come back.

Nick

#249764 - 12/02/08 08:07 PM Re: Roland items for sale...
John DiLeo Offline

I just got home and cannot believe this BS is still going on. Are you people really obsessed with someone changing a keyboard. What will you do if he puts this S900 up for sale next week with "serious offers only"? This has to be the wackiest thread of all time.

#249765 - 12/02/08 09:27 PM Re: Roland items for sale...
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
This is not someone 'changing a keyboard'...

This is someone never NOT changing his keyboard.

Big difference. Most of us change arrangers now and again. Not again, and again, and again, and again...

None of us would even give a sh*t if Donny wasn't constantly haranguing those with something other than what he is using that month, and stirring all kinds of pots.

Some of us have got quite tired of it. But we simply wish he'd contribute to the forum with a more positive mien, rather than this constant (or inconstant!) 'my arranger is the best! (until I change it)' litany.

And this thread is STILL going on because guys like us BOTH are keeping it going. It's sure not going to stop if you keep coming back and going 'I can't believe we are still posting about this' because by doing so, you are STILL posting about it

Kind of self-perpetuating, ain't it?

#249766 - 12/02/08 11:49 PM Re: Roland items for sale...
Lucky2Bhere Offline

With all this publicity that Donny is getting, I’m sure he’s going to be asked to appear on American Idol very soon (at last count, there were a total of 216 posts for just 3 DNJ “topics).“ This thread is going all the way to the top. It will break the all-time # of responses and he’ll eventually be given a reprieve and go home with the Golden Enchilada trophy cup.

At this point, I really don’t think this is about Donny anymore (if it ever really was). I think it is more about what Chas said here:
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/018681.html

Donny just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. It could have been any one of us. If he had waited another week to “make confession,” it probably WOULD have been any one of us.

In the meantime, the other threads are floundering while the Gladiators do battle here in the Coliseum.

#249767 - 12/03/08 01:20 AM Re: Roland items for sale...
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky2Bhere:
In the meantime, the other threads are floundering while the Gladiators do battle here in the Coliseum.

No shortage of gladiators whilst you're around...

No one really gives a vole's colon about Donny changing keyboards so often...it is his taunting remarks, innuendos and posts that attempt to put down every other arranger except the one he happens to be using that month (or week)that can become a little taxing to more than a few of us.

Then, when he gets exposed(and no, I'm not teasing him about his admission of "playing naked" ) he runs away like a child in a game that isn't going his way.

I hope he comes back...I miss him being around, but I would also hope the gibelike behavior is curtailed and his posts return to the more interesting ones of which he is usually capable.

Ian

#249768 - 12/03/08 06:23 AM Re: Roland items for sale...
John DiLeo Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
I hope he comes back...I miss him being around,
Ian

I'll agree, since he left there's been a stagnant atmosphere, if it weren't for this thread we'd be talking about Guitar Strings and Moog Bass Pedals.

#249769 - 12/03/08 11:27 AM Re: Roland items for sale...
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
John, I have a warehouse I use for my production company. That's where the video editing suite, video and photo production areas are, and lots of video and still camera gear and lighting equipment is stored.

Add to that over 300 stringed instruments, 29 keyboards, including B-3's, Suitcase Rhodes and more, plus three sets of vibes, upright basses, 40 or so amps, Leslies, stage lights, etc.

I'm a pack rat and I know it. Surprisingly, I use quite a big percentage of the musical stuff regularly. Sometimes I switch out instruments to combat boredom. Other times, I choose the right instrument for the differenct jobs and styles.

Also have motorcycles, motorscooters and a couple of old cars in the warehouse.

Did not get the warehouse just for the equipment; just cluttered it up with it.

Russ "pack rat" Lay

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 12-03-2008).]

#249770 - 12/03/08 11:35 AM Re: Roland items for sale...
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Damn, Diki...really well-placed "chicken hat" reference!

R.

#249771 - 12/03/08 01:57 PM Re: Roland items for sale...
Dnj Offline

Happy Holiday everyone!

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 12-03-2008).]

Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online