SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 >
Topic Options
#249722 - 11/30/08 09:33 PM Re: Roland items for sale...
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Why doesn't Donny just buy one of EVERYTHING (after all, he is so heavily booked, I'm sure he could afford it!) and go out with a different arranger every night...?

THERE'S your permanent cure for boredom, eh?!

What worries me is that anybody takes anything he says seriously at all, ESPECIALLY his so called 'opinion' about any arrangers, which he doles out liberally every chance he gets... Why should we be worried? Because every opinion he holds, both good and bad about ANY arranger will change 180º as soon as he either acquires it or sells it... and he has gone through every arranger there is, short of the T3 (which will be next... ).

If an opinion is so easily completely reversed, what value did it have in the first place? It isn't an 'opinion'...

It's a 'whim', a 'fancy', a 'delusion'...

If it takes a matter of a couple of weeks to completely reverse your first opinion, what worth is that opinion to anyone..? Ask Donny what he likes today and why, be prepared to listen to him completely reverse it tomorrow. Now, I don't know about you, but how can that be of ANY use to anyone, ever?

What is sad is that apparently, Donny has the skills to entertain and be well booked. But does he post anything much about that (other than to self aggrandize?). To be honest, no, not much. But he posts CONSTANTLY about equipment, how good his current arranger is, how bad everything else is (until he buys it!)....

If he really wanted to be useful on this forum, why not give the obviously capricious equipment reviews a break for a while, and just concentrate on talking about MUSIC, playing it, selling it, repertoire, hats, whatever...?

ANYTHING but an arranger review. Because I for one don't need to know how good his current arranger is, and how bad all the others are... I've heard it until I'm sick to death of it!

#249723 - 12/01/08 03:45 AM Re: Roland items for sale...
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
+1!

Diki - I would shake your hand right now if I could!

#249724 - 12/01/08 05:02 AM Re: Roland items for sale...
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
Over the past two years I have often found myself in the buy/trade/sell circle.

That's better than me (and my friend Capt. Russ) who more often find ourselves in the buy/buy/buy circle (or is that a straight line?). Our way is harder on the pocketbook .

chas

#249725 - 12/01/08 06:09 AM Re: Roland items for sale...
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I think Nigel should open up a new forum for member bashing. It seems so easy for many of our "honored" members to dis- another that it takes the fun out of reading. I'd rather read someone's current opinion than none at all. Given, Donny may be fickle with his choice of arangers, but I've never found his opinions to be off-base or untruthful. In fact, Donny will tell you the good and bad points of the keyboard(s) he owns, IMHO.

If this is going to become a personal bashing forum, then count me out.

#249726 - 12/01/08 06:25 AM Re: Roland items for sale...
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Call it what you will..., but Donny's keyboard swaps at least put him in a place many of us CAN'T speak from.., and that's actually OWNING the keyboard we talk so much sh*%& about Donny may have gone through quite a few, but at least he can speak from the REAL experience of owning the bloody thing and putting it through its paces (in regards to gigs).

How can you say a person's opinion isn't valuable when he has owned and used pretty much everything that's out there.., current and past? So what if he is going back and forth. Hell.., I wish I had the money (and an understanding wife) to do that...

At least Donny is giving the pros and cons about these keyboards and NOT TROLLING for one specific company.

Leave the man alone..
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#249727 - 12/01/08 06:35 AM Re: Roland items for sale...
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Why should we be worried? Because every opinion he holds, both good and bad about ANY arranger will change 180º as soon as he either acquires it or sells it...

Yep, that's about it, Diki...pretty hard to put any value on something that changes so radically.

Ian

#249728 - 12/01/08 06:41 AM Re: Roland items for sale...
BBBB Offline

I haven't been around this forum long enough to know "who are friends and who is joking with each other because of longstanding "online or even face to face contact. Some people put a smiley at the end of some pretty caustic comments! I do find the forum useful but there is enough stress in life without logging in to see someone's character assassinated or intelligence questioned. I am not interested in personal attacks on other forum members. It may be entertaining for some but not for me. Let's stick to gear,how we use it,tips and tricks etc. If Nigel wants to set up another thread called "The Libelous Lounge" I'll know what to avoid. Cheers!
Brian

#249729 - 12/01/08 07:47 AM Re: Roland items for sale...
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Nigel.., I suggest closing this topic. It's bad enough with the constant trashing of one board over the next, one's playing ability over the next, this guy uses SMF's blah blah blah...,

Now members have gotten so bored they're attacking the spending/buying practices of others... Apparently owning numerous models and ACTUALLY using these on gigs doesn't qualify a person to give an opinion to some here.

Last time I checked Donny isn't the only one here who has done this.., but he's the one being singled out.

Too all those who have bitched and moaned about having to read all these posts from Donny on this issue..., YOU MADE THE CHOICE TO READ THE TOPIC. I don't recall anyone here putting a gun to another members head forcing them to read the posts.

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 12-01-2008).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#249730 - 12/01/08 08:40 AM Re: Roland items for sale...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Yep, that's about it, Diki...pretty hard to put any value on something that changes so radically.
Ian

So then DON'T out any value on it !!!
Life is all about choices ....
t.

#249731 - 12/01/08 08:46 AM Re: Roland items for sale...
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
Life is all about choices ....
t.

So true Tony...some just make more than others.

Page 5 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online