SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 >
Topic Options
#249702 - 11/29/08 02:06 PM Re: Roland items for sale...
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Thanks Donny, I've read the Korg forums, but I was interested in Zuki's personal experience with OS2.

The longer a thread...diverse it gets.

#249703 - 11/29/08 02:10 PM Re: Roland items for sale...
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Thanks Donny, I've read the Korg forums, but I was interested in Zuki's personal experience with OS2.

The longer a thread...diverse it gets.

http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/018675.html

#249704 - 11/29/08 02:18 PM Re: Roland items for sale...
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

You can't honestly be looking to this guy for an explanation. There appears to be none other than boredom. Me, if I'm bored, I don't blame the keyboard.

Yes, Diki...perhaps it is boredom after all...it can't be the products, as, overall, they are all great arrangers.

It just seems like such a waste to keep selling and buying what are essentially the same instruments, and since they are mostly used as SMF players, it shouldn't matter all that much.

I guess the E-60's lack of EQ options were enough for it to be dumped.

Ian

#249705 - 11/29/08 02:24 PM Re: Roland items for sale...
Dnj Offline

Oh the ill informed become more ignorant every day....its so sad.

btw.... isn't this a For Sale Topic?....

Serious offers only, Please email me if interested.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 11-29-2008).]

#249706 - 11/29/08 02:42 PM Re: Roland items for sale...
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Oh the ill informed become more ignorant every day....its so sad.

btw.... isn't this a for sale post?....

Hmmmm?

Yes it is Donny, and I apologize if I've hijacked the thread, but it seems I'm not the only curious person.

As far as ignorance, I understood that it meant "lack of knowledge or education"...well, my knowledge came from several people who have seen your act, and they tell me it is mostly based on SMF...not that there's anything wrong with that...but, I doubt if they have much to gain by misinforming me.

They did also say you did a wonderful job as well.

My comment was not meant as positive or negative...simply a neutral statement.

Ian

#249707 - 11/29/08 02:58 PM Re: Roland items for sale...
BBBB Offline

Not to hijack this thread butl as an E60 owner who is just starting to use it in gigs It would be helpful for me to know if I should be aware something so I am not caught off guard. I have a solo gig on Dec 11th in front of 200 people and Donny was kind enough to share some styles with me. Very helpful. I would be very interested in any TECHNICAL reasons why you are selling Donny. If you would prefer to send me a private email then thats fine too. Cheers!
Brian.

#249708 - 11/29/08 03:53 PM Re: Roland items for sale...
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
It's called "impulsiveness". Definition of which, as follows:

1. "Inclined to act on impulse rather than thought."

2. "Motivated by or resulting from impulse: such impulsive acts as hugging strangers; impulsive generosity", - buying and selling keyboards on a frequent, unrealistic basis.

Meaning of Impulsive: "Acting or happening without apparent forethought, prompting, or planning: automatic, instinctive, involuntary, reflex, spontaneous, unpremeditated."

It is one of the sure signs of ADD/ADHD Attention-Deficit /Hyperactivity Disorder. >> It is also known to affect adults, not just children (which happen to be the majority of cases).

In my humble opinion Donny, you need to seek out help if you haven't already. There is help my friend.

Best,
Mike

PS: Sorry for being so blunt. I am doing it because I really thought I needed to say it. >> If the shoe fits wear it. If not, then don't bother putting it on. Merry Christmas!

#249709 - 11/29/08 04:52 PM Re: Roland items for sale...
zuki Offline

Ian,

Haven't loaded the OS2 yet. In-laws have taken away any free time I thought I'd have these past few days (ugh). Sooner or later, but not until my Christmas songs are in order. Happy Holidays

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#249710 - 11/29/08 04:57 PM Re: Roland items for sale...
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
Ian,

Haven't loaded the OS2 yet. In-laws have taken away any free time I thought I'd have these past few days (ugh). Sooner or later, but not until my Christmas songs are in order. Happy Holidays

Probably best to get things sorted out before you load in the new OS...best safe than sorry, although it seems stable enough according to some users, and it offers some great features.

Happy Holidays to you, too.

Ian

#249711 - 11/29/08 09:49 PM Re: Roland items for sale...
Dnj Offline

Ahh whats the use anymore...this thread really shows whats going on here.
Maybe it's time I fade away like many of the old time Pro contributors who used to post. Starting Monday I wont have much time anyway to post here with the Holiday gig season upon us in full force..
You can always email me if needed.

Happy Holiday

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online