SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#249267 - 12/05/08 01:52 PM Re: Hammond XK system demo.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
Yeah, I remember Ensoniq from Paoli??? Although, I think the Mirage might be best forgotten (not it's place in history, just it's sound ). I also know (or knew) 'Papa John' DeFrancesco. In fact, we shared a stage (well, back to back) once at a concert at the Yellow Springs Art Festival. He had another of his sons (on guitar or sax, can't really remember) with him. It was a great gig. The man was a down-in-the-dirt funk organist in the finest Philly tradition (J.O.S, McDuff,McGriff,'Groove',Don Patterson,Johhny 'Hammond' Smith,Shirley Scott,Dee Dee Sharp - what a time to be around Philly).

Get back to work on that Pedalboard, then figure out how to duplicate it in lightweight plastic (send the prototype to Nord, they'll figure out how to lighten it ).

chas

Ensoniq was in Malvern, PA in the Great Valley Corporate Center. Sometime in the early 1990's, during the jazz festival in Philly, I got to attend a concert at the George Washington Hotel that consisted of all (or most of) the great organ players of the time. Some of whom you mentioned and Joey was there as well. It was an unbelievable show.

You would think that somebody would have made a set of full pedals that are easy to carry around. I have suggested a design that would fit into a standard 76 note gig bag to a couple of different companies but neither seemed interested. The fact is there probably aren't enough people who would buy something like that to make it worth investing in.

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
LearnMyKeyboard
JazzItUp Band

[This message has been edited by WDMcM (edited 12-05-2008).]

#249268 - 12/05/08 02:56 PM Re: Hammond XK system demo.....
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by WDMcM:
Ensoniq was in Malvern, PA in the Great Valley Corporate Center.

Ah, yes. It's coming back to me now. I had a brief brush with an original Mirage which I probably got from Medley Music in Bryn Mawr (I'm sure I sent Gerson's kids through college ).

Quote:
Sometime in the early 1990's, during the jazz festival in Philly, I got to attend a concert at the George Washington Hotel that consisted of all (or most of) the great organ players of the time. Some of whom you mentioned and Joey was there as well. It was an unbelievable show.[/B]

I'm drooling just thinking about it. That's got to be a great memory. Don't just hold on to it, pass it on to the next generation.

Quote:
You would think that somebody would have made a set of full pedals that are easy to carry around. I have suggested a design that would fit into a standard 76 note gig bag to a couple of different companies but neither seemed interested. The fact is there probably aren't enough people who would buy something like that to make it worth investing in.

[/B]

Yeah, pity. Even less likely since, technically, one already exists, although it's really, really, heavy and pretty much dedicated to Hammond products. Oh well.

chas

#249269 - 12/08/08 09:16 AM Re: Hammond XK system demo.....
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Chas, you named many of my "Philly" favorites.

R.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online