Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#248274 - 11/16/08 11:26 AM Re: Tyros3 sliders
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Kingfrog:
You guys need to understand something about Yamaha and the TYROS. It is considered and marketed as a HOME/STUDIO keyboard. There is no marketing directed at the Live player.

I think Yamaha only really market the Tyros to 'home' users. I've never seen any ads for it in Mix or any other studio publication, and a lot of it's MIDI capability seems limited compared to WS's (that ARE aimed at studios). The fact that you CAN use them this way (and you CAN use them as 'pro' live keyboards) is just incidental. They are no more DESIGNED for studio work than they are for live on stage use.

Everything seems to be prioritized for the home user. Especially the advertising.

I guess we are just lucky that they can be used for so much more...

#248275 - 11/16/08 12:06 PM Re: Tyros3 sliders
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I think Yamaha only really market the Tyros to 'home' users. I've never seen any ads for it in Mix or any other studio publication, and a lot of it's MIDI capability seems limited compared to WS's (that ARE aimed at studios). The fact that you CAN use them this way (and you CAN use them as 'pro' live keyboards) is just incidental. They are no more DESIGNED for studio work than they are for live on stage use.

Everything seems to be prioritized for the home user. Especially the advertising.

I guess we are just lucky that they can be used for so much more...

Yeah you are right there. As a pure workstation the Tyros leaves much to be desired, and in that regard the Pro keyboards are far better choices for most major studios,

If I had free access to musicians or could play and arrange all those parts as well as the best I could get by with a Motif. Until some kick ass Arranger Software comes out to match the SW synths available the Tyros will have to do. Its a good thing it can at least send Style MIDI information out. Thats all I need. The data. Anyhing else I can record from the audio out or use a SW synth.

It does change the way I have to do things and pushes me out of a comfortable paradigm. But it also opened a lot of doors to places and inspiration I could not otherwise go.

BTW all this talk about sliders. I don;t see where the G70's sliders are all that much longer under the screen. It appears they designed them to use especially for the Hammond as they are colored as such.

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 11-16-2008).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online