SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#247913 - 11/11/08 06:22 AM Roland @ NAMM 2009
leezone Offline

just wondering if Roland will be releasing any new arranger?

or will they just show us the GW-8 again ...

With the Tyros3 out and possibly AUDYA coming..
i hope Roland releases THE KING OF ALL ARRANGER...

i want kick ass authentic styles and sounds in a light well built package which is expandable, that's it..

oh, and no speakers on it please, that it so hobby/home like,

and don't care for harmonizer, vocal tuning etc, learn how to sing !!! :-)

#247914 - 11/11/08 06:52 AM Re: Roland @ NAMM 2009
zuki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
just wondering if Roland will be releasing any new arranger?

or will they just show us the GW-8 again ...

With the Tyros3 out and possibly AUDYA coming..
i hope Roland releases THE KING OF ALL ARRANGER...

i want kick ass authentic styles and sounds in a light well built package which is expandable, that's it..

oh, and no speakers on it please, that it so hobby/home like,

and don't care for harmonizer, vocal tuning etc, learn how to sing !!! :-)

Isn't it amusing that Roland releases models to everyone's surprise. Goes to show how much our know-it-all here on the forum really matters We basically get what they give. Tell me one time Roland has ever listened to anyone here.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#247915 - 11/11/08 07:15 AM Re: Roland @ NAMM 2009
mc Offline

Loc: New York
I doubt that roland is coming out with anything to replace the G70 at namm. We would have heard something by now. When was the G70 released?

#247916 - 11/11/08 07:21 AM Re: Roland @ NAMM 2009
Dnj Offline

Don't assume

be patient.

#247917 - 11/11/08 07:35 AM Re: Roland @ NAMM 2009
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
1. zuki, that is not exactly true. while indeed roland user want alot and have many requests, roland did updated the G70' OS greatly, introducing many new features. compared with yamaha, roland is way better. they did listen.

2. leezone, let them put speakers on it. at least on next MOTL E series. i need them.

3. mc, they might or may not. they seem to be quite good at keeping a secret secret.

4. dnj, yeah, do not assume.

#247918 - 11/11/08 07:47 AM Re: Roland @ NAMM 2009
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Curious...., "if" there's to be a replacement model what will it replace? The G-70 or the E-80...?
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#247919 - 11/11/08 08:06 AM Re: Roland @ NAMM 2009
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Suki...It's a COMMON Marketing practice of releasing New Products, Both Yamaha and Roland in Their Pro Synth Line of products,etc at Winter and Summer Namm Shows in The US...Korg Has Been a little different,Releasing about anytime.
Both Roland and Yamaha are VERY secretive on New arrivals...Think about it.Example:Roland Introduced the Newest G Series Synth...After the New MotifSX series was released...Quickly Yamaha had to put out an New OS to Include some things the Roland was offering!
We see the same thing happening now with the Arrangers. Korg soon releasing the OS2 to compete with Yamaha Tyros mega-voicing,etc.
We all have to remember reguardless what Keyboard we play competion makes them better...I firmly believe the Big three Do listen to a degree...If not they would not release OS updates.
I also believe at THIS time they FAVOR the European and Eastern Market simply because Arrangers are Generally Used More for Public Music,etc and accepted so much better in general.
As for here in the US....We have a long ways to go.It may never change...Rolands Marketing is next to None and what we have is shameful at best...(Europe, it's a little better)...Your BIG online stores like Sweetwater.com promote arrangers as writting tools for Studio work,etc.
I guess the Best thing Maybe is to Play what We like Best and fulfills our needs...Put the Joy of Music in Peoples Lives(So many need it now)...And try to Earn some extra money(We all could use That)and last but least be Thankful for what we have!

#247920 - 11/11/08 08:09 AM Re: Roland @ NAMM 2009
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Well, at least Roland don't start a big hype years before
we can see the goodies in the shop.
Silence may be better than the Ketron way (Audya), and who
knows, maybe no new Roland arranger, or even not any Audya
before we pass New Years Eve 2010 ........

Cheers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#247921 - 11/11/08 08:13 AM Re: Roland @ NAMM 2009
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Harold S:
Hi We all have to remember reguardless what Keyboard we play competion makes them better...

Yep, you are so right, Harold...it always does...when the competing stops, complacency enters, and we can't have that happening.

Ian

#247922 - 11/11/08 08:14 AM Re: Roland @ NAMM 2009
Dnj Offline

And what is wrong with learning how to use what we already have?....& making it sound better to your liking & also improve on one's playing skills vs hoping that a new KB will make someone sound any better.

enjoy what you play.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online