SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#247733 - 11/08/08 04:32 PM Tyros 3 - glitches
chony Offline

Loc: New York
I've been performing with my T3 for a few weeks now, and have run into a couple of glitches:

- I was playing with a guitarist and singer and we were doing a set starting in G minor. In the middle of the set they kept complaining to me that I was 2 keys too high. I checked and double checked to make sure that my keyboard was transposed correctly. I even reset the transposition a couple of times to make sure, but they kept complaining. At the end of the set we compared instruments, and indeed it seemed the guitarist was right - the keyboard was incorrect. I then restarted my T3, and this time everything was fine.

- This has happened a few times: In middle of a performance, the screen blanks out for a second. Thankfully the music doesn't interrupt, but this does worry me a bit.

Anyone else running into these or other problems?

#247734 - 11/08/08 05:05 PM Re: Tyros 3 - glitches
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I haven't had any screen or transposition problems Chony...do you have a transposition stored in a registration, or maybe the FREEZE button is not assigned to hold transpose?

I do have an issue that's a bit confusing...

I have the Tyros 3 and I've been recording with it...just using the Song Creator.

When I play a style "live" (not recording) and I hit SYNC START to do a stop, when I hit a chord the style starts playing immediately.

However, when Quick Recording, when I hit SYNC START for a stop...and then when I play a chord, the style does not start right away.

Any ideas why?

Performing the same procedure on my S900, the style will start right away in both "live" play and whilst recording.

Are there settings on the T3 that I am missing, that will cause this delay in the style during recording?

My S900 is away from the house for a few days so I can't check what I've done with it that seems to make the difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...I'm stumped.

Ian

[I can't remember if the T2 and T1 behaved in a similar way...anyone know?]

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 11-08-2008).]

#247735 - 11/09/08 12:00 AM Re: Tyros 3 - glitches
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Speaking of Quick Recording, I had to give up using multipads when recording with my Tyros 2 because they never played at the right tempo (it seemed to be a multiple of the original tempo, usually the double); the weird thing was that the multipads played just fine if I was simply playing the same song live or recording it with an external recorder.

#247736 - 11/09/08 04:29 AM Re: Tyros 3 - glitches
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Quote:
Originally posted by chony:
- In the middle of the set they kept complaining to me that I was 2 keys too high. I checked and double checked to make sure that my keyboard was transposed correctly. I even reset the transposition a couple of times to make sure, but they kept complaining. At the end of the set we compared instruments, and indeed it seemed the guitarist was right - the keyboard was incorrect. I then restarted my T3, and this time everything was fine.

I think I'm not understanding something Chony...it sounds like your saying you and your guitarist played a part of a set (a few songs, I guess?) 2 keys away from each other. Did the guitarist have to transpose his part on the fly to match yours or what?

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#247737 - 11/09/08 04:36 AM Re: Tyros 3 - glitches
chony Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill in Dayton:
I think I'm not understanding something Chony...it sounds like your saying you and your guitarist played a part of a set (a few songs, I guess?) 2 keys away from each other. Did the guitarist have to transpose his part on the fly to match yours or what?

Yes, the guitarist transposed to match me on the fly. It's not a problem for him - he's one of the best musicians I know...

#247738 - 11/09/08 06:20 AM Re: Tyros 3 - glitches
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
That had to be a drag...

I'd spend some time with it and see if the transpose function is working when you depress the +/- keys. Transpositions can be saved as part of registrations, but you can always transpose on the spot if you want.

Were the problems happening when you used a registration or were you playing without the aid of a style?

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#247739 - 11/09/08 07:01 AM Re: Tyros 3 - glitches
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Zuki,

Press the Direct Access button, then press the Transpose button. This will show you exactly what is transposed and you can make the corrections on that screen.

I suspect you have a frozen transpose in one of your registrations. The keyboard cannot transpose on its own, unless, however, there is something wrong with the keyboard, which I hope is not the case.

You can check out the possibility of a frozen transpose by opening the transpose screen using the above technique, then select the registrations one at a time until you see one that does not return to "0",

Good Luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#247740 - 11/09/08 03:34 PM Re: Tyros 3 - glitches
chony Offline

No, the problem had nothing to do with "freezing" the transpose or any registration settings. When I pressed the transpose button up and down, it actually transposed, but was always 2 notes off.

#247741 - 11/09/08 04:24 PM Re: Tyros 3 - glitches
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
Speaking of Quick Recording, I had to give up using multipads when recording with my Tyros 2 because they never played at the right tempo (it seemed to be a multiple of the original tempo, usually the double); the weird thing was that the multipads played just fine if I was simply playing the same song live or recording it with an external recorder.

Are you referring to recording to the internal sequencer? Mine is okay there. I have issues getting them to record as MIDI files with the style to an out board sequencer though.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#247742 - 11/09/08 07:14 PM Re: Tyros 3 - glitches
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Chony....
Don't dismiss Gary's suggestion. It is possible the MASTER and KBD transpositions do not match. It may be a long shot, but check it just to be sure.
Direct Access > Transpose.
Eddie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online