SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#247507 - 11/05/08 10:01 PM MS out G70 in
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Well, the Media Station has been delayed yet again, (NOT Dom's fault I will add) so I have had to re-think.

The delivery date is still unknown (well there is one on the website but it could change again), and I have very reluctantly cancelled the order.
It WAS a tough decision.

The international monetary crisis didn't help either with the Oz dollar crashing against the Euro as well.

So I have managed to pick up an ex factory demo G70 with full warranty and that is what I will be working with from now on.

It should be with me tomorrow, and I am looking forward to getting stuck into it.

Dennis

[This message has been edited by miden (edited 11-05-2008).]

#247508 - 11/06/08 12:26 AM Re: MS out G70 in
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Damn..! I was hoping one of these MS's would finally end up in the hands of someone willing to show us what it can do...

For better OR worse (hopefully, better!)

Oh well...

Dennis, you already know about Roland-arranger.com, so any files, help, whatever you need, meet us over there, will ya'?

#247509 - 11/06/08 07:30 AM Re: MS out G70 in
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I really hope the G-70 works out for you, Dennis.

I makes no difference now, but a year ago, when you and I talked about shipping a G-70 to Australia, I thought my printer, who is set-up to ship printed brochures for us to Beefeater, a manufacturer of BBQ grills would be able to do it. I assumed it would be no problem to ship a keyboard. When I visited them, they told me that they were only set-up to ship one size box with literature and that they couldn't handle a keyboard. There were terrif and other legal issues which they weren't set up to handle. I certainly should have gotten back to you, but didn't and regret the momentary misunderstanding which I caused.

It's GREAT that you're getting your new toy!
If the SD-5 I got in trade hadn't just "popped up", I would probably be playing one, too! Wasn't actively looking to get rid of it.

Been playing Ketron/Solton so long that I
made the deal when it materialized. Your SD-1 would have been perfect if I could have figured out the shipping stuff.

Be well, and enjoy that G-70. It'll sound great with you "at the wheel"!

Best personal regards,

Russ

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 11-06-2008).]

#247510 - 11/06/08 08:11 AM Re: MS out G70 in
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Yes, is true
the all new MS production is delayed because UPS lost one package with inside 100 Pcs of MS Mixer boards V5.
Dennis know the UPS tracking number and can confirm.
i'm really upset....but tomorrow I will uploading the new video demo of the 8 ASIO Host performace in realtime.

cheers

#247511 - 11/06/08 10:43 AM Re: MS out G70 in
miden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Damn..! I was hoping one of these MS's would finally end up in the hands of someone willing to show us what it can do...

For better OR worse (hopefully, better!)

Oh well...

Dennis, you already know about Roland-arranger.com, so any files, help, whatever you need, meet us over there, will ya'?

Sure will Diki, it's already bookmarked

Yes I was a bit upset I couldn't go ahead with the MS.. I will still probably buy one, but as it won't be a promo one it will have to wait now, and definitely on the back-burner.

Dennis.

PS Look forward to getting in touch over at Roland-Arranger.

#247512 - 11/06/08 10:53 AM Re: MS out G70 in
miden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
I really hope the G-70 works out for you, Dennis.

I makes no difference now, but a year ago, when you and I talked about shipping a G-70 to Australia, I thought my printer, who is set-up to ship printed brochures for us to Beefeater, a manufacturer of BBQ grills would be able to do it. I assumed it would be no problem to ship a keyboard. When I visited them, they told me that they were only set-up to ship one size box with literature and that they couldn't handle a keyboard. There were terrif and other legal issues which they weren't set up to handle. I certainly should have gotten back to you, but didn't and regret the momentary misunderstanding which I caused.

It's GREAT that you're getting your new toy!
If the SD-5 I got in trade hadn't just "popped up", I would probably be playing one, too! Wasn't actively looking to get rid of it.

Been playing Ketron/Solton so long that I
made the deal when it materialized. Your SD-1 would have been perfect if I could have figured out the shipping stuff.

Be well, and enjoy that G-70. It'll sound great with you "at the wheel"!

Best personal regards,

Russ

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 11-06-2008).]

Hey Russ, how are you doing?

Thanks for the encouragement...yes I hope it lives up to expectations.

It was pretty much a coin toss between the PA1xpro and the G70 4 years ago but the initial sound set of the G70 swung it out of favour, and I went down the Korg path. Wish I hadn't now.

Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing!!

The dealer made some great reductions on the PA1 which also helped, but I think, in a way, I was always looking over my shoulder at the G70 purely and always thinking I should have gone with it after-all.

Anyway it's here now so let's see.

As for that other stuff, it's totally forgotten and truly, water under the bridge.
Just one of those little bumps that happen from time to time.

After all, anyone who looks up to Leon, has GOT to be worth knowing, right?

Again, m8 thanks for your support.

Now, to getting this wee beastie working!!

All the best Russ,
Dennis

#247513 - 11/06/08 11:50 AM Re: MS out G70 in
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Yah, only the "smooth ones" like us with great taste in music really dig Leon.

Wish we weren't on different continents...be fun to hang out!

R.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online