SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 >
Topic Options
#247139 - 11/11/08 09:24 AM Re: Korg Pa series Fill in issue better explained ... with examples.
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
AJ,
Will do, thanks for your help.

I just heard from a owner of the PA1XPRO that says it does not have this problem...any comments from any other PA1X or PA1XPRO owners?

Lee

#247140 - 11/11/08 12:49 PM Re: Korg Pa series Fill in issue better explained ... with examples.
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
You win Diki. I learned a long time ago not to argue with an autocratic A personality that tries to save the world. Try enjoying what we are given instead of constantly wanting more and more and more and......

Go ahead and get the last word in. I'm done with your nonsense.

Why, thanks, massuh, for showing me my place. I be gwan' buy me some Korg now, suh! Then ah's in the promised land, fo' sure.

Trust me... I'm not done with YOUR nonsense

#247141 - 11/11/08 03:59 PM Re: Korg Pa series Fill in issue better explained ... with examples.
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Why, thanks, massuh, for showing me my place. I be gwan' buy me some Korg now, suh! Then ah's in the promised land, fo' sure.

Trust me... I'm not done with YOUR nonsense

I respect the fact that Nigel "cleanses" out posts that go down the gutter that are completely off topic but then i get confused when absolute trash posts like this are overlooked allowing them to remain on the forum??

Is Diki a secret undercover moderator or something?? I have seen him bluntly abuse and push down so many members on this forum and everyone just ignores and watches it...

Diki are you here for personal gain or to actually give constructive and friendly input with other human beings who come on here to enjoy discussing arranger keyboard topics?

Nick the confused

[This message has been edited by Nick G (edited 11-11-2008).]

#247142 - 11/11/08 04:38 PM Re: Korg Pa series Fill in issue better explained ... with examples.
Diki Offline

Try to search a little earlier in these threads for when the recipient has taken things to another level of personal attack... (or sometimes on another simultaneous thread)

While I remain passionate about the issues of the thread (no harm in that), all too often those that hold an opposite viewpoint descend to personal slander and snide digs, I guess in lieu of anything reasoned to say... I take it for a while, but eventually, there comes a point.

Start reading from there onwards, and yes, things go awry quite quickly. But I do NOT refer, snidely to others on this forum as 'bitter, washed up, has-beens' 'Know-it-alls' and a pantheon of personal insults others feel somehow is THEIR right, until personally attacked in the first place. And even then, generally, I really don't need to stoop THAT far.

Take it as you wish, but generally, unless kidding around (and those who receive that generally know when I'm doing it!), I talk about the ISSUE... they talk about ME. Stick to the issue, guys, and this would NEVER happen. I seldom express so personally what I REALLY think of the poster - you really wouldn't want to hear the opinion I hold on those that cannot avoid expressing their OWN opinion of me! . I leave that to them...

Who's zooming who...?

#247143 - 11/11/08 05:58 PM Re: Korg Pa series Fill in issue better explained ... with examples.
leeboy Offline

Can't you guys just work on a subject ...just once without getting into a pissing contest with each other...Damm, why don't you just meat somewhere and beat the Hxxx out of each other and be done with it.

We can't seem to get any real posts going here without this big EGO thing.

It does get old. It's only a few people...
A little toying around sometimes can be fun...but this is cazyness.

Lee

[This message has been edited by leeboy (edited 11-11-2008).]

#247144 - 11/11/08 06:18 PM Re: Korg Pa series Fill in issue better explained ... with examples.
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
Can't you guys just work on a subject ...jusy once without getting into a pissing contest with each other...

Oh, so you mean it's NOT all me? Damn, I was beginning to believe the hype!

Nice of someone to acknowledge that it takes at least TWO.

And, I'll repeat... keep your comments to the issue, and stay off of personal attacks on me, my character and anything else personally derogatory you can come up with, and you'll NEVER see me get personal, first.

Deny a fault with your arranger after documented proof of it, and I'll call 'bullsh*t!' every time. But it's the denial that's bull, NOT you personally... Make comments about ME rather than the issue, that's a door I won't open first (and rarely walk through afterwards).

How about we just stick to discussing the ISSUES, guys, and keep our thoughts about each other's character (or lack thereof) to ourselves?

And devil take the hindmost?

#247145 - 11/11/08 11:42 PM Re: Korg Pa series Fill in issue better explained ... with examples.
Nick G Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

Deny a fault with your arranger after documented proof of it, and I'll call 'bullsh*t!' every time. But it's the denial that's bull, NOT you personally...

I have a Korg PA 800 in my bedroom right in front of me. i have tried on almost every style possible to make a glitch in the breaks and fills and it simply does not happen. - it is just as smooth as anyother keybord I have ever owned and played...

Possibly AJ was using a faulty instrument or a corrupted OS?

various other korg users on the Korgforum have tried to get the glitch to occur and it doesnt...

Diki - you need to go and try one for yourself before making solid opinions / judgments about Korg and their keyboards...

Nick

#247146 - 11/12/08 03:19 AM Re: Korg Pa series Fill in issue better explained ... with examples.
Nick G Offline

just another thing I wanted to add...

as a new korg user (5 hours LOL), I am not in denial that the keyboard may have faults. but honestly the fuss that some people are making of this glitch really is blown out of proportion and if I was a potential Korg customer and had no real knowledge of arrangers it would be enough to turn me off buying a Korg product which is NOT what we want to do here at SZ unless it really is a MAJOR bug/glitch/problem/fault...

like I said, I have TRIED to find the glitch by hitting the fills and breaks completely off beat and tempo and I have not noticed one single problem YET...

Until I experience an issue I wont be complaining to korg about it and thats probably why Korg havent done anythng about it either as the vast majority of korg users havent experienced the problem that AJ has shown us...

Nick

#247147 - 11/12/08 07:04 AM Re: Korg Pa series Fill in issue better explained ... with examples.
leeboy Offline

Nick,
Do I have a bad OS or instrument too??

I am wandering if it could be a hardware issue that got fixed??? Since I have had mine almost a year now (still under warranty) . PLease take some more time and try to see what we talk about here.

Mine fails at will. With every single style AJ documented...and some others I have played.

Have you actually downloaded AJ's files and listened to them? Then go to your keyboard and try the same styles. All you have to do is press fill 1 or 2 at the 3rd beat and it will fail every time.

Don't get me wrong the PA is a fantastic keyboard...but we need to get this fixed. It has been a known issue by MANY PEOPLE for a long time now.

Lee

#247148 - 11/12/08 09:59 AM Re: Korg Pa series Fill in issue better explained ... with examples.
TommyF Offline

Loc: Copenhagen, Denmark
Sorry for being late to the party, but I have used more than two hours today to reproduce the glitches that we hear in AJ's recordings on my Pa800. No matter what I do I can't reproduce these timing errors. As Lee suggests this might be related to the hardware problems that have been with some of the Pa2X's (non-working LED's and random freezes) and this might also be the reason why it can't be reproduced by the Pa800 users here on the forum.

In my opinion the problem that AJ demonstrates is different from the Korg fill problem that has been discussed many many times on this forum. The reason for this other problem was poor style programming on the earlier PA series which would make the fills sound different from the main variations. This is partly due to the fact that the Pa series have 4 main variations but only 3 fills. If you don't know the styles very well you will sometimes have to guess which fill goes with which variation and this can lead to unpleasant surprises. Korg has done a lot to improve on this with the Pa800/Pa2X, but you can still be surprised from time to time (Korg should consider really seriously to add the fourth fill).

Kind regards,
Tommy

Page 5 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online