SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#246912 - 11/03/08 10:25 AM Re: Michael Voncken on the Tyros 3
John DiLeo Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Graham UK:
I dont see or hear any difference between T3 or T2 do you?

Dnj. After spending seven nights at the Keyboard Festival UK for the launch of the T3. Yes it does sound better overall, but more to the point is it worth forking out so much £ or $ to do a part exchange....for me the answer is NO. So in some respects you are correct.

Hi Graham...I also only have my Tyros 2 a few months & have so much more to learn about it. When the Tyros 3 come out I looked listened and said to myself no need to change at all. What am I gaining?
That Organ festival sounds wonderful, wish they had it here in the States. These instruments sound so good instead of fighting & arguing on the forum people should be glad we are able to appreciate all this fantastic technology in music, we've come a long way.

#246913 - 11/03/08 10:32 AM Re: Michael Voncken on the Tyros 3
Burkels Offline

Loc: Alkmaar, The Netherlands, Euro...
Oh by the way: "Dutch" is not "Deutsch", "German" is not "Dutch", Holland is not the capital of Norway, Dutch people don't wear wooden shoes, we don't live in windmills, we don't walk around smoking weed all day and we don't kill off babies and/or elderly people "just because we like to". (Thank you, FOX)

We'll cover Dutch swearing tomorrow. Class dismissed.

------------------
- THE DUTCH KEYBOARD FORUM
http://www.keyboardforum.nl

#246914 - 11/03/08 10:45 AM Re: Michael Voncken on the Tyros 3
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Burkels:
Holland is not the capital of Norway

Hey, I love tulips, don't ruin my day! LOL
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#246915 - 11/03/08 12:39 PM Re: Michael Voncken on the Tyros 3
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Burkels:
we don't kill off babies and/or elderly people......

Damn, and I was just thinking about moving there. Oh well, I'll keep looking.

chas

#246916 - 11/03/08 12:52 PM Re: Michael Voncken on the Tyros 3
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
"HELLO??!! Is it true after all? Do Americans REALLY think that their country's borders mark the end of the Western World??? Are you really that ignorant?"

We may make mistakes like everyone else...BUT WE ARE FAR FROM IGNORANT!

Lee

#246917 - 11/03/08 01:14 PM Re: Michael Voncken on the Tyros 3
Dnj Offline

hey is it time for a Hijack ?... ....Michele Voncken will be so happy after all isn't what this topic is about?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 11-03-2008).]

#246918 - 11/03/08 06:19 PM Re: Michael Voncken on the Tyros 3
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
"HELLO??!! Is it true after all? Do Americans REALLY think that their country's borders mark the end of the Western World??? Are you really that ignorant?"

We may make mistakes like everyone else...BUT WE ARE FAR FROM IGNORANT!

Lee

I don't think you'll find many Europeans that think that the US is in the Far East...

You keep slashing education budgets long enough, to fund the 'Bush Doctrine' and tax cuts for the wealthiest 10%, and sooner or later, yes, this IS about how well educated the average American is...

Heck, 27% of Texans, after hearing how Obama sat in a pew in a Christian church in Chicago for the last nearly 30 years, STILL think he is a Muslim Mind you, those same people probably think John McCain is a Christian, despite never going to church, much!

People will believe whatever they want to, facts or not... (mostly not!). Heck, they are trying to get Creationism taught in American Schools... I guess that will come straight after the Alchemy class and Magic 101

Hogwarts... coming to a high school near YOU, soon! In Harry Potter We Trust

#246919 - 11/03/08 08:09 PM Re: Michael Voncken on the Tyros 3
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
Link

No wonder that arranger keyboards get such a bad reputation...

Arranger keyboards have a bad rep because there are far more $300 "Arranger" keyboards out there than $3000 Arrangers. The $300 keyboards have defined the Arranger for most people including myself until I played and heard a PSR3000 three years ago. I became a convert. But they still don't replace software VSTs and NIs
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#246920 - 11/03/08 09:37 PM Re: Michael Voncken on the Tyros 3
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

You keep slashing education budgets long enough, to fund the 'Bush Doctrine' and tax cuts for the wealthiest 10%, and sooner or later, yes, this IS about how well educated the average American is...

Diki and others,
this is a clear example of why things are so bad on this Forum.
Someone starts a thread (right or wrong, dumb or clever) and then, all of a sudden, another forumite springs up with a remark like this one (totally off topic), that clearly evokes a reaction from another forumite and... bang! Another thread gone awry and another fine mess...

Is this how we want Synthzone to be?

Why isn't politics banned from this Forum?
Why isn't it reserved to places like the Bar?
What's the point of discussing politics on a Forum devoted to music? Are Diki or Kingfrog hoping to convert anyone when they go on with their endless tirades about Bush or Obama?
I don't think so: we are all grown adults and nobody is going to change his/her wiews because someone posts something on Synthzone.

No, to me posts like this one are more like a knee jerk reaction, something done without much thinking, with the only purpose of venting (resentment, frustration or whatever). It's like someone has had something on the stomach for a long time and then thinks: "OK, let's go to Synthzone; the place is such a mess that nobody will notice if I spew out something"

Think about it, you all.

[This message has been edited by Dreamer (edited 11-03-2008).]

#246921 - 11/03/08 10:24 PM Re: Michael Voncken on the Tyros 3
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Well, no-one wants to talk about MUSIC here...

I figure pissing contests about politics, sports, cars, women, arrangers... what's the difference?

You reckon there is one, maybe two new arrangers a year..? Tops... You are REALLY going to talk the same old talk about the same old worn out topics for a whole year?

Look, guys, I try. I post threads here about all kinds of arranger operational aspects, ways that we can vary doing what we do, ways to improve playing skills. Possibilities for new features to improve the realism of arrangers, ways to turn traditional playing skills into effective arranger operation... blah blah blah....

They wither on the vine.

But you'll piss and moan for three pages about Korg vs. Yamaha, SMF's vs. styles, Satan vs. McCain

If the membership doesn't WANT to talk about music, and admin is happy to let personal attacks and OT comments thrive, who are WE to argue...?

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online