Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#246892 - 11/01/08 02:46 PM Re: Michael Voncken on the Tyros 3
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
Glad to have got some discussion going...

1- Maybe that's what many of the target audience think? Believe it or not, but it's
a large potential in the home market, and maybe it's exactly where Yamaha try to hit
by use of demos like the German one?
Also the laid back and relaxed way to play may get adult beginners and home users to
think "WOW", is it really as easy as that, this most be tried out!

The wide spectre of musical styles and sounds in the modern arranger keyboards make it
more easy to make demo for what usergroup you want to hit, we can see it clearly now
by the different demos popping up.

2- The forums around now has many people who call themselves pro (and try to convince
everyone that they are)... so this demo probably don't fit into that category because
of the music style played? (Not heavy loaded with dim aug and all kinds of chords)
The big question are: Is it the "pro" keyboardplayers Yamaha try to reach with this
demo Woncken give here? I think not.

This demo would probably be the one who made an amateur like me run to the store rather
that the very "polished and complicated" demo by some of the others, who again will
reach another audience.

And Andrea, I don't think anyone would say you're not a true arranger keyboard fan, we've
seen it for many years already.

Happy Playing.
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#246893 - 11/01/08 02:52 PM Re: Michael Voncken on the Tyros 3
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I know they're not in Asia, but German Rock styles, and German versions of Electroncia sound different over there than the Western versions of these styles. Also many of those styles he played were "region specific". They may not appeal to you.., but to those from the region may enjoy them.

Look at it like this... Some of these styles he played were what you consider a more "classic or traditional style" over there.., much like what we refer to over hear with our western arrangers having more "traditional styles". The styles he played in this demo are geared towards a specific "age group" in the region just as the arranger over here is also often geared toward the more "mature" buyer.

I think this demo did what it was intended for. Showcase more traditional styles for the region targeted at a specific market.

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 11-01-2008).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#246894 - 11/01/08 03:09 PM Re: Michael Voncken on the Tyros 3
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
All fine and well, but my question is still valid:
- do you need a Tyros 3, with all its bells and whistles, to play music like this one?
Gunnar is right saying that this demo is aimed at the home market, but even so the only moment in the demo where he played something that was specific for the T3 was when he played the SA2 clarinet, but even there he didn't showcase it at its best, IMO.
The demos by Harris or Sargeant were likewise aimed at the home market, but at another level. When Harris demoed the new semi-acoustic jazz guitar he did a George Benson imitation that had me going "WOW!"
In the Voncken's demo, OTOH, there was nothing (except the poorly demoed clarinet) that you couldn't do with a PSR 900.

Oh well... forget what I said: maybe Squeak is right and I am just being too hard. Besides, it's 11 p.m. here in central Europe and it's time to hit the sack.
G'night, everyone.

#246895 - 11/01/08 03:27 PM Re: Michael Voncken on the Tyros 3

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
- do you need a Tyros 3, with all its bells and whistles, to play music like this one? ....
In the Voncken's demo, OTOH, there was nothing (except the poorly demoed clarinet) that you couldn't do with a PSR 900....

Besides, it's 11 p.m. here in central Europe and it's time to hit the sack.
G'night, everyone.

Well, that's another view at it, the demo did not show the "true" potential of the T3.
But do that make a bad reputation to the arranger keyboards?
Nope, I don't think so, and if Woncken is'nt a pro player, noone are.
The bad reputation I think most be in some peoples minds, someone who feel that play an
arranger kb don't be as good "pro" act as play the other high end keyboards ussually seen
and heard on TV or other performances around.

As ong as there are various types of demoes, it surely give a picture of the big potential
a modern keyboard have.

Strange, after we changed to winter time last weekend, the clock are at the same level here
as in Italy!

Sleep well.
GJ

#246896 - 11/01/08 09:24 PM Re: Michael Voncken on the Tyros 3
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I don't see what you are all getting worked up about...

I'd rather listen to this all the way through (and actually managed, despite not being a schlager fan!) than that abortion of a Latin GW-8 demo.

At least Yamaha use players who can play enthusiastically, whether they like the product or not. The Roland demonstrator sounded like it was the last thing in the world he felt like doing, that it was beneath him, and he was going to show just how BAD you could make one sound, if you REALLY tried!

C'mon, Roland... give me a call

#246897 - 11/02/08 01:04 AM Re: Michael Voncken on the Tyros 3

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
... The Roland demonstrator sounded like it was the last thing in the world he felt like doing, that it was beneath him, and he was going to show just how BAD you could make one sound, if you REALLY tried!

Ahhh, that's where the bad reputation regarding arranger keyboards come from! (If any)

Cheers
GJ

#246898 - 11/02/08 11:45 AM Re: Michael Voncken on the Tyros 3
Bachus Offline

I think "Michel" just sold a 1000 units in Germany and 500 in Austria with that one video...

Its the core of Arranger markets worldwide, and Vonken sells big time.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#246899 - 11/03/08 12:04 AM Re: Michael Voncken on the Tyros 3
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
As usual, everyone is right....

"....What he did with the T3 might easily be played with a PSR 900..."
YES, true.

Do the targeted audience knows that?
Most probably not.

Video ads are not created to stimulate our creative thinking and make us think "I can search around to find out what is best for my job..."

Their purpose is to make people buy THE ITEM pictured, not something that simply does the job.

If Heidi's grandpa decides to get to the town with the intention of buying a T3, then Michel Vonken is succesful.

#246900 - 11/03/08 12:28 AM Re: Michael Voncken on the Tyros 3
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by trident:

If Heidi's grandpa decides to get to the town with the intention of buying a T3, then Michel Vonken is succesful.

Well, I guess that everyone is happy then: Heidi, her grandpa... and Yamaha!

[This message has been edited by Dreamer (edited 11-03-2008).]

#246901 - 11/03/08 05:02 AM Re: Michael Voncken on the Tyros 3
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
I dont see or hear any difference between T3 or T2 do you?

Dnj. After spending seven nights at the Keyboard Festival UK for the launch of the T3. Yes it does sound better overall, but more to the point is it worth forking out so much £ or $ to do a part exchange....for me the answer is NO. So in some respects you are correct.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online