SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#2468 - 03/08/04 08:01 AM VK8 Organ questions...
g Kahn Offline

Loc: Potsdam NY, USA
I just received (Music 123.com) my new VK-8 organ, with an EV-7 expression and a D-6 hold pedal. Running into two Roland KC amps (a 300 & a 350) through a Yamaha 12/4 mixer, complemented with my Yamaha P-250 digital stage piano and a Yamaha ERM-1 rhythmer, I think I have potential for an awesome sound. BUT, I'm a 99.99% "piano player" and surely will appreciate some help/advice re drawbar positions; settings; MIDI; etc. Please??? And thank you!!!! g :-)>

#2469 - 03/08/04 09:26 AM Re: VK8 Organ questions...
tekminus Offline

Your post is nowhere as vague as it could be. Try harder.

-tek

#2470 - 03/08/04 01:55 PM Re: VK8 Organ questions...
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
In other words, we would love to help, but could you be a bit more specific?

-ED-

#2471 - 03/09/04 05:50 AM Re: VK8 Organ questions...
g Kahn Offline

Thanks, Ed/3351. I'm kind of new to this all -- my first ever BB attempt -- so I didn't know how to "interpret" Techminus's reply. Often the "best" response is "no" response. But, you surely put things in a better light! Thanks. I was intentionally being "broad" in an attempt to "pre-answer" queries re my set-up. My focus area or main ineptness is re the new Roland VK-8. Their instruction book leaves a lot (IMHO) to be desired, and will surely be adequate for an organ 'pro'; not, however, for me. Rather than ask a specific querey, I had hoped to "find" (or, be "found"?) by another Roland VK-8 owner on your BB, with whom I can then ask questions ranging from his or her favorite settings, to whether my Yamaha 250 keyboard can be used as a 2nd (MIDI) input keyboard as a 2nd manual on Roland; et.c, etc., etc... There just ain't (sic) much of anything "out there" re this grand keyboard! (... that I could find...)

So sorry if this perhaps is not the correct forum for these or similar queries; thanks again for your most kind response, "3351"! george

#2472 - 03/09/04 06:48 AM Re: VK8 Organ questions...
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
You are in the right forum, and I wouldn¡¦t be surprised if there are other Roland VK users here. As for MIDI setups, we¡¦ll be able to help you with that. MIDI is my middle name. ƒº

Aside from posting here, try ¡§General Arranger¡¨ section of this forum.
A lot of guys there are great keyboard players and beside their arranger boards, some of them have their own recording setups and quite a few of them own an organ or two (not those organs Tek ƒ¼ )..
I remember reading a discussion on Drawbar settings there.
Anyways, once you have a few MIDI questions (regarding MIDI connections, system setups , internal settings, interfaces etc)¡V let me know.

-ED-

#2473 - 03/10/04 09:04 AM Re: VK8 Organ questions...
tekminus Offline

Don't take it too seriously.
www.midi.org

-tek

#2474 - 03/10/04 12:35 PM Re: VK8 Organ questions...
Soft Machine Offline

By no means i am putting this discussion Forum or Users down in any way,

But gKhan, you should drop by the Keyboard Magazine forum. There are alot of VK users
on that board, more than here i'm pretty sure
http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=forum;f=18

#2475 - 03/10/04 12:39 PM Re: VK8 Organ questions...
Soft Machine Offline

Don't hesitate to post in this forum also,

This way, you'll get the best of both worlds

regards

#2476 - 03/15/04 11:42 AM Re: VK8 Organ questions...
g Kahn Offline

Thanks for encouragement(s)! Hey, I have a *specific* Roland VK8 question: when I play a part on my VK8 in upper-half of keyboard, it sounds great and the volume of notes is constant. But, when I accompany with, say, chords -- or even other comping notes in lower half -- the volume of the notes played drops significantly -- at least enough for me to get annoyed by it. I do not have keyboard "split" or any parameters than "just" playing it. Q?: Is this supposed to happen; if NOT -- what am I doing not-right? Thanks.... geo

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online