SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#246539 - 10/28/08 09:03 PM Re: FYI........Roland arranger fact
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Ian, this post was only to show a newly found fact (new to me)..not to compare any keyboard to another...head to head..Just trying to understand benefits that came to light..

#246540 - 10/28/08 09:08 PM Re: FYI........Roland arranger fact
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Ian, this post was only to show a newly found fact (new to me)..not to compare any keyboard to another...head to head..Just trying to understand benefits that came to light..

[quote by Fran]"Comparing manuals it looks like Roland is much deeper in the style department over Korg and Yamaha.."[end quote]

This isn't comparing?

Ian

#246541 - 10/28/08 09:10 PM Re: FYI........Roland arranger fact
Fran Carango Offline

only to the extent that I am trying to find how many style parts...you brought up the question of filters etc..

#246542 - 10/28/08 09:10 PM Re: FYI........Roland arranger fact
Fran Carango Offline

Bedtime here..chat later..

#246543 - 10/28/08 09:19 PM Re: FYI........Roland arranger fact
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Are you sure they have 16 parts?

They sure don't sound like they do, at least to me...as I said, they didn't impress me all that much.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 10-28-2008).]

#246544 - 10/28/08 09:28 PM Re: FYI........Roland arranger fact
Rolman Offline

Loc: Germany
Hello Fran,
your 'parts' are called 'Division'. Normaly there are 18 of them: Intro 1-4, Variation 1-4, Ending 1-4, Fill Up 1-3, Fill Down 1-3. You can program 3 Modes per Division: major, minor and 7th.

Read Page 178 of your G70 OM:
The G-70 allows you to program 54 different patterns
per Style, some of which can be selected via
dedicated buttons (MAIN [1]~[4], etc.). Some Patterns
are selected on the basis of the chords you play in the
chord recognition area of the keyboard (major,
minor, seventh).

Greeting
Peter

#246545 - 10/29/08 12:50 AM Re: FYI........Roland arranger fact
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Make sure you compare apples with apples, as all manufactures tend to call common features different names, which means it is easy to get confused about what you are comparing.

Bill

#246546 - 10/29/08 01:40 AM Re: FYI........Roland arranger fact
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
peter,
i believe fran is talking about more than one sound per track, in different variations. the same track, ex. bass, can contain fretless on intro1, wet on intro2, pick on intro3, etc. but also synth on var1, acoustic on var2, and so on.
that indeed might be 18 sounds to start with, but it could go up to 3x18 as you described, still, i am not so sure. i never tried.
that is more than enough anyway.

too bad roland does not allaw two drum tracks... ;(

#246547 - 10/29/08 01:48 AM Re: FYI........Roland arranger fact
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
BUZZER SOUNDS Thank you all for playing 'Guess the spec' Marlene, tell our runners-up what they have won... (contestants walk dejectedly off stage to an SMF that might or might NOT have been played by Fran)

Roland's can have 16 (or more) sounds per style, as shown in the Style Makeup Tools mixer pages (there are two or more pages, depending on whether the style has more than eight sounds, of eight tracks each linked to the sliders). These adjustments are stored in the style itself.

BUT... there are eight PARTS per style, as linked to the sliders on the first Style fader part, and volume only adjustments to these are stored in the registration (so you can mute some Parts on some registrations, and let them play in others). There are also Solo and Mute buttons here, for easy Part, well you get it!

So... A Part can have two or more sounds, each with a Tone that can be edited differently. BUT, on a Part, they can't sound simultaneously. Eight is all that can sound simultaneously. The page after page of different sounds comes about from the fact that each Division of the style (Variations, Fills, Intros and Endings) can have different Tones for each Part.

So... BUZZER SOUNDS AGAIN

NOBODY won this weeks contest. Prizes roll around until next week's show!

Special 'booby prize' also goes out to Rolman, for confusing a style's Divisions (the Intros, Variations, etc.) with the Parts they play

Thanks for playing 'Guess the Spec'... See you next week!

#246548 - 10/29/08 05:07 AM Re: FYI........Roland arranger fact
Rolman Offline

Loc: Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by adimatis:
peter,
i believe fran is talking about more than one sound per track, in different variations. the same track, ex. bass, can contain fretless on intro1, wet on intro2, pick on intro3, etc. but also synth on var1, acoustic on var2, and so on.
that indeed might be 18 sounds to start with, but it could go up to 3x18 as you described, still, i am not so sure. i never tried.
that is more than enough anyway.

Right, Adi
additional you may change the Tone within
a Pattern. Try it using the 'Micro Edit' of your E60.
Greetings
Peter

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online