SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#2465 - 08/14/07 08:11 AM Ebay problem. Advice?
Kiv Offline

I have got myself into an unfortunate state of affairs. I won an auction for a computer with good specs for £300 GBP. It didn't come with an operating system, but I thought fine, I'll just buy one (about £50). I go to pay for the computer through paypal and they have added 17.5% V.A.T to the final payment making it £385. The computer isn't worth this much, especially without an OS and I can't actually afford it now. It was stated at the bottom of the listing that VAT would be added (it's actually just plain, unnecessary greed as far as I can see) but I foolishly hadn't considered it. Is there anything I can do? I really can't afford to have the account closed. I am an idiot, yes. Any ideas welcome. Many thanks!

[This message has been edited by Kiv (edited 08-14-2007).]

#2466 - 08/14/07 09:10 AM Re: Ebay problem. Advice?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
contact your seller and explain your error..He may be willing to release your bid and accept the next bidder below you..

#2467 - 08/14/07 04:46 PM Re: Ebay problem. Advice?
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
As it is stated above communication with the seller might resolve this. Even if it does not (which I doubt) you shouldn't have to worry about acount closure. I think all you might get is a little bad feedback. May be a warning. Not the end of the world.

cheers,

[This message has been edited by 3351 (edited 08-14-2007).]

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online