SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#246216 - 10/27/08 02:12 AM Website
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
I have removed my website www.wersiabacus.plus.com as I currently do
not feel I can keep the website open, due to the disappointment I have
with OAS 7. (I wish I had stuck to OAS 6)

On initial use it showed great potential, but after going in deeper it
has now fallen out of favor

Thanks to all those that have viewed my site, and perhaps another will
appear in the future. (Just don't be surprised if it's not Wersi)

Regards

Bill

#246217 - 10/27/08 02:55 AM Re: Website
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
What did you not like about the OAS 7 upgrade? Were there things in OAS 6 that weren't implemented in OAS 7? What features did you expect in OAS 7 that you felt weren't provided? Just curious since I have OAS 7 and it seems fine for what I am using the Wersi for.

At least with Wersi you'll see future software and hardware improvements that most other manufacturers can't or won't offer. When I had my Yamaha 9000 Pro there were no fixes for the numerous bugs and hardware issues it had. Yamaha dumped the 9000 Pro from their product line rather than offer customers future updates to make it right. Take that into serious consideration before buying a Tyros 3. If the Tyros 3 has bugs or hardware issues they may never get resolved and Yamaha may repeat what they did with the 9000 Pro i.e. now you see it, now you don't!

#246218 - 10/27/08 03:24 AM Re: Website
Dnj Offline

The fix for any Tyros 3 bugs is ...........TYROS 4

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-27-2008).]

#246219 - 10/27/08 03:34 PM Re: Website
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Not EXACTLY true, though in essence correct. Yamaha brought out a revision or two of the T2 OS to fix minor bugs and update the IDC feature, didn't they?

Not exactly the same as Roland or Korg's complete overhaul of the OS for free, but still not exactly NOTHING...

What bugs were you referring to? On the whole, Yamaha's OS is so refined (alright, call it nearly unchanged!) that little that I know of exists (mind you, getting a Yamaha fanboy to admit even the tiniest of flaws is like pulling teeth ), if you are really talking BUGS.

Flawed features, OTOH, don't really count as bugs (they are when the manual says one thing, and it does something else - if a feature is exactly how the manual describes it, no matter how dumb, it ain't a bug!).

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online