SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#245291 - 10/19/08 03:31 PM Re: Korg vs Yamaha also Korg vs Roland in buying
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
With all this hype, I figure Fran must be getting ready to sell his.

#245292 - 10/19/08 03:34 PM Re: Korg vs Yamaha also Korg vs Roland in buying
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
don't confuse fact with hype..I am not talking about Yamaha..

#245293 - 10/19/08 03:40 PM Re: Korg vs Yamaha also Korg vs Roland in buying
Fran Carango Offline

Maybe I secretly ordered a Tyros3..

#245294 - 10/19/08 03:42 PM Re: Korg vs Yamaha also Korg vs Roland in buying
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
don't confuse fact with hype..I am not talking about Yamaha..

It's not me that's cofusing fact with hype...and I'm not talking about Yamaha either.

#245295 - 10/19/08 03:47 PM Re: Korg vs Yamaha also Korg vs Roland in buying
Fran Carango Offline

Ian,,,quote my hype comment.....I stated facts and points of interest to those that appreciate a real instrument...

#245296 - 10/19/08 03:49 PM Re: Korg vs Yamaha also Korg vs Roland in buying
ianmcnll Offline

I'm glad you love your keyboard, Fran...really I am!

The G70 is a classic, no doubt, even though it's no longer being supported by Roland with updates...they must be getting ready to launch the next G....or give up the G-series altogether.

I hope not...competition is good for us all...keeps the big guys on their toes.

If they don't, you could always buy a few of those G70's you can get for backup or spare parts.

Ian

#245297 - 10/19/08 04:00 PM Re: Korg vs Yamaha also Korg vs Roland in buying
Fran Carango Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
I'm glad you love your keyboard, Fran...really I am!

The G70 is a classic, no doubt, even though it's no longer being supported by Roland with updates...they must be getting ready to launch the next G....or give up the G-series altogether.

I hope not...competition is good for us all...keeps the big guys on their toes.

If they don't, you could always buy a few of those G70's you can get for backup or spare parts.

Ian

Why would I need an update...My G70 works great for me..apparently Roland feels no need to update..

BTW:At 4 updates to date..not just bug fixes but added features...I believe that is considerably better support than any Yamaha that I am aware...

And as for parts...no need..Roland is built to last and designed to take out of a bedroom..

And yes I am totally pleased with my choice..I could own anything I want..it happens to be the G70 with great reason..

#245298 - 10/19/08 04:10 PM Re: Korg vs Yamaha also Korg vs Roland in buying
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Why would I need an update...My G70 works great for me..apparently Roland feels no need to update..

I read what's on Roland Arranger and it does seem to need a few fixes...long overdue apparently.

But, it's good that you're happy with it...too bad more people weren't like you as they didn't sell very many.

Ian

#245299 - 10/19/08 05:40 PM Re: Korg vs Yamaha also Korg vs Roland in buying
robbiekeys Offline

Loc: san jose, ca, usa
They are all cool pro keybords.They all have great viable aproaches to the arranger board concept but dont but the non top of the line models. Keep them like and guitar collection. ne is your tricked out fender strat and the other is your gibson les paul.If there are needed updates and buggs then lets all bugg the hell out of support and get some software features implemented for the amount of money we spend they owe us. For example yamaha just released V3.6 and im on the for a1 full keyboard mode for the 9000 The most realistic drums are in the roland and the korg but yamaha's are awsome but haven't improved much since the psr9000 (a beauty still). Fran is right about the usb for the roland g70 and e80 it works for storage and midi. Korg now has oasys m3 synthesys and korg quality but no scoring and no karama if it had that i'd mabey comit murder to get one I am a paligamist when it comes to arranger boards beautiful sexy instruments in general. Well it's true i confess. Not enough money in my bank to give me peace and i'm forever available. http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/icons/icon6.gif

#245300 - 10/19/08 07:48 PM Re: Korg vs Yamaha also Korg vs Roland in buying
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA

Quote:
Oh, and for the record..The G70 has the USB 2.0 covered..as well as an excellent USB midi operation too..maybe the best of the rest.

I don't know what you're smoking there Fran but the G-70 does NOT have USB 2.0. It has USB 1.1. So when one considers USB 1.1 as an obsolete USB specification in today's world (me and 99.9999999999999% of the rest of us anyway) then one could consider the G-70 obsolete on that instance alone. Michael also wanted in his "all-in-one" other things on today's workstations like a Sampler I would assume, and something the G70 doesn't have either.

Now before you get your bowels in an uproar Fran.. I did suggest that Michael might want to consider the G70 for its low price and the keybed action but also some of the other features too such as physical drawbars and a big LCD, amongst others.

Psst! I actually have played the G70 Fran and I told you way back that I didn't really like the sounds or styles very much. That's just me though. Oh, and there are a few others I could mention that didn't care for it either. I won't mention names though.

Best,
Mike

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online