Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#245281 - 10/19/08 12:58 PM Re: Korg vs Yamaha also Korg vs Roland in buying
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Bernie9:
I agree with Fran. I have owned the PA-800 and now have the G70. Once you learn the workings of the G70, there is no doubt in my mind that it is the most awsome keyboard I have ever owned. I was as glad to get rid of the Korg as Zuki was glad to get rid of my G70.
Bernie

Bernie, I'm happy to hear you're enjoying the G70. Would you share with us what are the things that make it the most awesome keyboard you ever owned?

#245282 - 10/19/08 02:29 PM Re: Korg vs Yamaha also Korg vs Roland in buying
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I will be glad to tell you how I feel about the G70,compared with the other keyboards I have had, recently including the KN7000 and PA-800. First,there is the mere presence of the board with 76 keys, quality all the way. The keybed is tops. The styles are much better. The sound of the instruments and drums have an up front presence I like. As far as the OS is conscerned, after reading the easily understood manual, I find it fairly intuitive, and amazed at the depth of this machine. The Makeup tools is one of the best features for editing styles and SMF's.

I am not Diki or Fran, who are technicians, as well as great players. I am still finding new things about it all the time. I don't get into p----- contests, so this is my opinion only.

Bernie

#245283 - 10/19/08 02:53 PM Re: Korg vs Yamaha also Korg vs Roland in buying
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
I will be glad to tell you how I feel about the G70,compared with the other keyboards I have had, recently including the KN7000 and PA-800. First,there is the mere presence of the board with 76 keys, quality all the way. The keybed is tops. The styles are much better. The sound of the instruments and drums have an up front presence I like. As far as the OS is conscerned, after reading the easily understood manual, I find it fairly intuitive, and amazed at the depth of this machine. The Makeup tools is one of the best features for editing styles and SMF's.

I am not Diki or Fran, who are technicians, as well as great players. I am still finding new things about it all the time. I don't get into p----- contests, so this is my opinion only.

Bernie

Thanks Bernie for your feedback.

#245284 - 10/19/08 03:18 PM Re: Korg vs Yamaha also Korg vs Roland in buying
Dnj Offline

Quote:

Bernie

Bernie GREAT POST & So TRUE!!

#245285 - 10/19/08 03:19 PM Re: Korg vs Yamaha also Korg vs Roland in buying
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I would like to add a couple features that most folks are not aware of...including G70 owners...

The G70 (also the E50/60/80) can import and export lyrics..This is super handy..I like to sequence on the G70 (sometimes using a pattern/style and than add tracks live over top..After sequencing..I like to add lyrics via import function..you can also tap in the lyrics timing...all on the keyboard...I need lyrics to remember the words of a tune..

The other feature that most are not aware...the USB/midi interface...allows the G70 to be a decent controller and sound source..connected to a laptop via USB...

It works well with my software programs too..

#245286 - 10/19/08 03:27 PM Re: Korg vs Yamaha also Korg vs Roland in buying
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Is the G70 still current?

Can they still be purchased new, or just second hand?

No new owners on SZ in quite a while.

Sure is popular.

#245287 - 10/19/08 03:27 PM Re: Korg vs Yamaha also Korg vs Roland in buying
Fran Carango Offline

Here is another tip for Roland users...

Organize your User Programs via the "index" feature..You can name the categories (8)..like latin, swing, fast rock, etc..
Making it easily accessible when searching for a style of music with all your settings..including one touch for you guys/gals that use them...

The index works with your SMF's the same way..

Also another tid-bit...When you save your "user programs" you can add a SMF link...This allows you to select a User program and have the choice of playing the SMF or the arranged style you programmed...

#245288 - 10/19/08 03:28 PM Re: Korg vs Yamaha also Korg vs Roland in buying
Fran Carango Offline

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 10-19-2008).]

#245289 - 10/19/08 03:30 PM Re: Korg vs Yamaha also Korg vs Roland in buying
Fran Carango Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:

Sure is popular.

#245290 - 10/19/08 03:31 PM Re: Korg vs Yamaha also Korg vs Roland in buying
Fran Carango Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:

Sure is popular.

Ian, how many new in the box do you want to buy..I can get you a good deal..

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online