SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#244500 - 10/09/08 05:21 PM T3 owners... Purgatory Creek file
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Would any new T3 owner care to play the Purgatory Creek piano SMF through their arranger on default settings, record it to HD (or DAW) and post the file (after conversion to 192kbps MP3)? http://www.purgatorycreek.com/

It is by far the best way to compare apples to apples in the sampled piano world.

#244501 - 10/11/08 11:25 AM Re: T3 owners... Purgatory Creek file
Diki Offline

bump

#244502 - 10/12/08 12:56 AM Re: T3 owners... Purgatory Creek file
Bachus Offline

I am interested into this too.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#244503 - 10/12/08 01:01 AM Re: T3 owners... Purgatory Creek file
TommyF Offline

Loc: Copenhagen, Denmark
Please post the recording here too. When I sent my Pa800 and GEM RP-X recordings to Purgatory Creek it took several months before they appeared on the web site.

Kind regards,
Tommy

#244504 - 10/12/08 02:21 AM Re: T3 owners... Purgatory Creek file
Diki Offline

Main thing to do is take off all of the mastering compression and EQ...

Leave on enough reverb that it doesn't sound anechoic, but not too much that it swamps the sound, and just let the file play...

Should be interesting. I have to admit, one of the demos with just piano playing had me optimistic. But until you can head to head it with the others, it is all moot.

If you want to hear just how different things can get, listen to the FantomX grand piano (same as my G70), then listen to the T2 piano, or even the S900.... WOW! Talk about brittle

It isn't posted yet, but I heard the new expansion pak giveaway four-way grand for the M3, and it sounded amazing... can't wait to hear that one at Purgatory creek.

#244505 - 10/12/08 09:38 AM Re: T3 owners... Purgatory Creek file
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Perhaps we can do a little comparing too if you don't mind?

This is an SMF (not purgatory creeks though) played through my Fantom G7. There is also a Drum Kit and an Ac.Bass track. I made it into an .mp3 using a variable bit rate depth after originally recording it to a .wav file using Sound Forge 7.

PS: I noticed Purgatory Creek didn't have a Fantom G example on hand and William (purgatory creeks administrator) wants to "constrain" the examples to a single file which inhibits the process in my opinion. Oh well...

Enjoy!

Jazz Piano - Roland Fantom G

Best,
Mike

Another PS: If anyone would like the midi file to make a demo and post it here for the group - just ask. >> T3 owners that is.

>> If you download Jazz Piano notice, if you will, that the upper range piano playing "peaks" at note G7 which is the last upper note on my Fantom G7 76 key keyboard. If you own a T3, needless to say, to be able to play that high of a note range you would either have to be asleep and dreaming - OR you would have to resign yourself to flubbing the part while trying ever so desperately to manipulate the Octave buttons.

#244506 - 10/12/08 11:52 AM Re: T3 owners... Purgatory Creek file
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
http://www.yousendit.com/download/Y2o5d0VFNXZUWUR2Wmc9PQ

Here is something I recorded on the G70..using only the Studio expansion sounds, Rehoisal Piano, jazz bass, and studio kit 1

#244507 - 10/12/08 12:28 PM Re: T3 owners... Purgatory Creek file
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Fran, when you say Studio Expansion sounds, do you mean an SRX card??

PS: Sounded good. I thought the Piano sounded a little compressed down in the mid section somewhat but a Jazz Piano has a tendency to sound a little different than your typical classical ac.piano does too though. So, it doesn't mean it holds any negative connotation or is bad per se, i.e. the (compressed sound in down in the mid and lower section), it just means it sounds somewhat less realistic than a "real" grand does, or should sound. Overall though I really liked it Fran.

Best,
Mike

#244508 - 10/12/08 04:46 PM Re: T3 owners... Purgatory Creek file
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Diki,

You have mail.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online