SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#244239 - 10/07/08 11:29 PM Re: Tyros 3 First Impressions
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Steve, you've used both the T2 and T3.

Is the T3 a worthwhile upgrade for the money?

#244240 - 10/08/08 11:23 AM Re: Tyros 3 First Impressions
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Originally posted by George Kaye:

Quote:
"The piano is the best piano I've heard in any Yamaha. It has more variation and realism from soft to loud. The bottom end has huge boldness, the middle is beautiful and the top end can be played with a softness or boldness."

All that greatness and only 61 keys to play it on. How sad... And to someone who plays a lot of Piano - how frustrating it must be.

I know, I know... there's always the Octave button, right? You would have to be a magician to work it seamlessly during a Live performance though. And with the possibility of a slip up while using the Octave buttons during a Live performance, the cost would simply be too high, in my opinion, to dare even attempt it.

Best,
Mike

PS: Only three years to go before Yammies next totl arranger - which will hopefully have a sufficient amount of keys to make playing that beautiful sounding Piano voice worthwhile.

#244241 - 10/08/08 11:33 AM Re: Tyros 3 First Impressions
Christian_1 Offline

Yes, I agree and some more style demos!
I am interested in some of the ballad styles.

#244242 - 10/08/08 11:51 AM Re: Tyros 3 First Impressions
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by George Kaye:
The piano is the best piano I've heard in any Yamaha. It has more variation and realism from soft to loud. The bottom end has huge boldness, the middle is beautiful and the top end can be played with a softness or boldness.

George,

You're so right about the piano sound...it is very very good...and the response to the FSX keyboard is perfect.

I love the "Cocktail" and "Ambient" Pianos too, and I may be mistaken, but the Live!Grand seems to be even better...I actually prefer it over the Live!Concert Grand for my type of music, in fact, rolling off -15 of the brightness on the filter makes it a perfect piano for soft jazz ballads.

Although I've never heard the Ketron Sax, I can vouch for the SA2 Breathy Sax as being the finest I've played.

The SA buttons are easier than I thought they would be.

The sliders are well made...smooth and accurate...no wobbles and they are perfectly placed.

Organs are a big improvement...much beefier...and the rotary effect is much better.

This is an incredible instrument, and a serious upgrade from the Tyros2.

Ian the Unbiased

PS...I'm going to have a ball demoing this thing.

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 10-08-2008).]

#244243 - 10/08/08 03:16 PM Re: Tyros 3 First Impressions
zuki Offline

Ian,

How are the drums? Take the very 1st 8 beat style - does it sound the same as before?

That said, I'd still like to try one out too

zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#244244 - 10/08/08 04:34 PM Re: Tyros 3 First Impressions
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
George... You can't easily re-voice a style or SMF within the T3? You HAVE to use external software (probably PC only - so much for us Mac guys )

If I were to use one of these, I'd certainly be bitching to Yamaha to make this basically ESSENTIAL task easier than this, for sure!

What was the last time you played an SMF that DIDN'T need extensive work to sound it's best? There isn't exactly a plethora of titles already tweaked for Tyros (1 or 2, yet alone 3!)...

How can they get some stuff SO right, and others SO wrong?

#244245 - 10/08/08 04:40 PM Re: Tyros 3 First Impressions
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:

PS: Only three years to go before Yammies next totl arranger - which will hopefully have a sufficient amount of keys to make playing that beautiful sounding Piano voice worthwhile.

I wouldnt bet on it Mike

#244246 - 10/08/08 04:45 PM Re: Tyros 3 First Impressions
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Diki,
You can certainly edit all the styles and tracks of a song as much as you like within the T3.
Yamaha has come out with software that allows one to convert all their styles or registration memories or even songs they've recorded on the T1 or T3 to play perfectly on a T3 because from what I understand the software chooses appropriate sounds and effects that will enhance the sound when played on the T3.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

#244247 - 10/08/08 05:50 PM Re: Tyros 3 First Impressions
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
OK, but is it EASY...?

I know you've messed with Roland's Makeup Tools

Something along those lines makes it almost a pleasure to re-voice a style or SMF. Be nice if Yamaha took a leaf out of that book... It's the one chore that everyone HAS to do to any new and older SMF's, converted styles, older styles, etc. (I don't believe a batch program can be as accurate as doing each one yourself - the input sources are so different, usually). Making this as easy as running the ROM styles just encourages everyone to do it, rather than simply 'tolerate' the styles and SMF's not being their best possible.

#244248 - 10/08/08 06:08 PM Re: Tyros 3 First Impressions
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I compared the "Classic 8 Beat Style" from the PSRS900 (same as Tyros2) and the T3. Although the beat is the same, the snare drum sound is much punchier and more alive in the T3. And, the rest of the drum parts are all much more dynamic with better effects.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online