SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#244229 - 10/07/08 01:47 PM Re: Tyros 3 First Impressions
mr9000 Offline

Why does everyone suddenly die out in their reviews of their recent blessed T3 purchases?
should be a on going exciting daily handouts to those of us who can only sit by and dream with great green faced envy of what you just aquired!
My posts would be daily if not more if i were to be one of the chossen T3 owners..There's hundreds of little bits of info that would excite me.
My point at this time is:
I don't give a dam about baseball!

[This message has been edited by mr9000 (edited 10-07-2008).]

#244230 - 10/07/08 01:50 PM Re: Tyros 3 First Impressions
Dnj Offline

mr9000 its only a keyboard....& The T2 took the T3's thunder just a short while ago....
honestly most have heard it all before.

#244231 - 10/07/08 02:02 PM Re: Tyros 3 First Impressions
mr9000 Offline

It's all i have Dnj..all these months without anything new going on but "my KB is superior than thoust" for hundreds of posts,than something new comes on the scene and suddenly 'baseball'..wtf?
I go cry with moaning into my pillow over such matters.

#244232 - 10/07/08 02:19 PM Re: Tyros 3 First Impressions
Dnj Offline

mr9000.....
well, wipe your eyes, pull up your boot straps and get a hold of yourself. We're all here for you & with even with a diversion thrown in once on awhile ....ask away & I'm sure we find somthing to talk about concerning your beloved arranger ok? BTW what type of music do you play? If its any solice to you I used to own & perform with Two PSR900's also.

#244233 - 10/07/08 02:43 PM Re: Tyros 3 First Impressions
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
So I came into my store today and played and played.
First, to answer the question about the camparison from the Ketron SD5 "blow tenor" sax and the Tyros3 "Breathy Sax" Super Articulation 2, I've gone to both and compared. The Ketron SD5 sounds very good but no mater how hard or soft I hit the keys, there is no interaction taking place. What I mean is that the sound gets louder or softer, but the amount of air or anything else associated with the playing of the sax doesn't change. There is delayed vibrato that is always in the sound. I can't control it. On the Tyros 3 the sax sound has the air like the Ketron, but there is so much more happening depending on how hard I hit the key, if I add aftertouch, and if I play legato vs sticcato and if when playing legato if I play exactly one octave I hear the effect of a sax glissando, etc. To my ears, I would never get tired of playing the Yamaha sound where the Ketron sound would just be the same exact sound forever. I hope I explained this OK.
I played the Organs and used the 9 sliders for controlling the draw bars. My only complaint is that the effect variation button to control the speed of the leslie is all the way up on right side of the keyboard and I would rather have it be able to be assigned to one of the two super articulation keys. I've already called Yamaha and spoke with Steve Deming and he told me to right it down because maybe a software version could possibly add this or if not, be added to the assignable slider as an option.
Next, I recorded using the Hard Disk Record function. It was very easy, like the Tyros2 and I also overdubed over my initial recording. It worked great, and very clean without having to adjust anything.
I also tried to record a song and the record funtion works like all the other Yamaha's. You hit record, all tracks are armed with a predetermined part so that you can just record anything available to you on the keyboard, parts, style tracks, pads, etc. and you get each track up to 16 recorded. Then, if you want to record on an unused track you just specify what part you want to use. So, say you are going to add an R1 part to be a flute on track 5 which is preset to be Multi Pad 1, you just change that track to say R1 and away you go!
I noticed how good some of the new effects are. For Example, on one of the Big Band Styles, they use Super Articulation 2 Jazz Trumpet and I was hearing the best muted trumpet I've heard........and realized they weren't using a muted trumpet but rather a new effect type which is actually a tube sounding distortion, tweaked to sound just like a muted trumpet! Fantastic!
I've transfered hundreds of midi files and styles from my USB flash drive into the hard drive and everything plays great.
That's all for now.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

#244234 - 10/07/08 04:20 PM Re: Tyros 3 First Impressions
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Were those SMF's already optimized for T2 before you had the T3 play them, or were they just plain vanilla GM/GS?

And how easy is it to re-voice and edit the headers and drumkit assignments to tweak a non-Yamaha SMF to it's best?

#244235 - 10/07/08 05:27 PM Re: Tyros 3 First Impressions
rb293 Offline

Loc: Binghamton, NY USA
Thanks for all the info George. One thing of importance to me is the piano sound. It is suppose to be improved. What's your take on it??? thanks Ron

#244236 - 10/07/08 07:46 PM Re: Tyros 3 First Impressions
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
The piano is the best piano I've heard in any Yamaha. It has more variation and realism from soft to loud. The bottom end has huge boldness, the middle is beautiful and the top end can be played with a softness or boldness.

As to the other question regarding revoicing standard midi files. I think I need some help here. I called Steve Deming today and asked him about the software I heard of on some of the websites which allowed the owner of a Tyros3 to optimize song files. I looked for this on the CD which came with the Tyros3 (or I should say I read the material that came with the CD and didn't see anything except for sound editing on a computer) and Steve didn't know what I was talking about. So, please explain to me what you have seen or read so I can understand this.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

#244237 - 10/07/08 08:03 PM Re: Tyros 3 First Impressions
mr9000 Offline

George thanks so much for all you say about
the great T3.

May i ask how the 'style Creation' function
compares to the previous?

#244238 - 10/07/08 10:22 PM Re: Tyros 3 First Impressions
Mark7127 Offline

Can anyone post some "demo" links of the T3? Not just single "sounds"....but of someone really putting it through the paces! Playing whole songs!

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online