SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 >
Topic Options
#243882 - 10/06/08 03:49 PM Re: What about the bad economy?
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Also, I wonder why nearly 70% of college graduates support the democratic nominee while states with the lowest educational level, the worst economy, the lowest SAT scores, the highest percentage of Evangelicals, and the lowest per-capita income, such as West Virginia, vote overwhelmingly for the candidate who proposes $400 billion in tax cuts for the wealthiest individuals and corporations.

Like I said, you get the government you deserve.

chas

#243883 - 10/06/08 03:53 PM Re: What about the bad economy?
cgiles Offline

On a personal note, I would not oppose legislation that prohibited morons from voting.

chas

PS: Please don't respond to this unless it applies to you.

#243884 - 10/06/08 07:50 PM Re: What about the bad economy?
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
Also, I wonder why nearly 70% of college graduates support the democratic nominee while states with the lowest educational level, the worst economy, the lowest SAT scores, the highest percentage of Evangelicals, and the lowest per-capita income, such as West Virginia, vote overwhelmingly for the candidate who proposes $400 billion in tax cuts for the wealthiest individuals and corporations.

Like I said, you get the government you deserve.

chas

You are making two errant generalizations and a conclusions.
#1 a college student getting his "education" in a liberal institution is smart and knows whats best in their 20 years of life Only 6 of them actually conscious and all of them self absorbed. Who is Used to be taken care of hardly having to face REAL life and work. And usually they are too busy drinking and partying to bother voting.

#2 Those in the "red" states who tend to live by a moral ruler are ignorant and dumb although many are far older have lived though good times and bad and are hanging on the last vestiges of a moral society that at one time in their lives was far less self absorbed and greedy. Poverty stricken Who KNOW hardship and still have not achieved anything but promises from liberal leaders.
The same people living in West Virgina when Clinton was President are still there. Obama will do nothing for them....watch and learn, And he will blame the Bush years instead of his own actions to put see that those who couldn't afford homes were able to buy them even though they could not even read the contract......because they went to schools controlled by the liberal government and unions.

Oh and College kids ala youth always were against the "establishment" Duh. Many in their ranks were dopers though. They do not have the life experience to know hardship and They are taking to the streets in hippie garb screaming out for change they have no idea what to change and what it means,They have never had to fend for themselves! Daddy and Mommy took care of them MOST of their short lives. Many have been "on there own" for a whole 3 years and have never had to completelt support themselves!!!

I pray for a depression. I'll be fine. We saved for a rainy day and have no debt.

But there are many people in this country that need to endure real hardship. Those who would rather buy $2000 Rims and make $450 a month car payments than buy medical insurance. People consider it a "hardship" not owning a home. They will soon realize hardship is not having A roof. Study the depression. 60% of the population was fine.

I hope Obama does get elected. A democratic House and Senate, No excuses. A single term President without a doubt. He does not have the experience, or solutions only talk. Biden will be running the country and God forbid he keels over.......Pelosi...

Years ago those in their 50's yearned to be in their 20's. I would not want to be 20 in today's world for anything. The party is over.

It's going to be interesting to watch unfold. I know one thing a President Barack Hussian Obama may never be on the currency but I have no doubt he will be on the Food Stamp.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#243885 - 10/06/08 11:20 PM Re: What about the bad economy?
synerjim Offline

Loc: CA
This is a very good topic. I 100% agrees with Kingfrog who really has an excellent insights on what's happening in politics nowadays. I came from another country and settled here in the U.S. which is now my beloved country. I'm really shocked, discouraged, scared by what's happening here. We have lost the sense of righteousness, virtue, pride of being an American. Being an outsider before, regardless of what the media says, specially the left who only knows is to play the blame game, the whole world is still lookin up to America as the most kind, generous and righteous country.

The only thing i can say now is do your diligence to know exactly what values these candidates are spousing and compare it with yours. Do not listen and be persuaded with the biased media.

Let's hope and pray that that all we American will recover quickly from these cyclic tumultuous times as before.

SD90,Korg I3, KMA Liverpool,TC Helicon Play Electric, Fender Sonoran Guitar, vArranger, Bose S1 Pros, Bose L1 Compact, Aiwa Exos-9

#243886 - 10/07/08 03:00 AM Re: What about the bad economy?
cgiles Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Kingfrog:
I know one thing a President Barack Hussian Obama may never be on the currency but I have no doubt he will be on the Food Stamp.

Nothing like a little political discussion to find out who's really on the other side of our little fantasy world here in cyberspace. Yep, America's making great progress alright. Gosh, Kingfrog, sounds like you're almost ready to abolish slavery; well, in principle anyway.

Well, at least we know who drank the kool-aid.

Oh, and it's really gratifying to see how quickly our recently minted citizens have been able to grasp the culture. It usually takes a lifetime to get that way. Must have had some indigenous people to practice on back in the old country.

Well enough of this. Let's all get back to the purity of arranger music. We can start with a rousing version of 'Dixie'.

chas

#243887 - 10/07/08 07:27 AM Re: What about the bad economy?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Time to put a fork in this one--it's definitely done!

Chas, I sincerely hope the above post was made while in a drunken state of mind. There are an enormous number of intelligent, articulate individuals on this forum from other nations, many of which whom have recently immigrated legally to the U.S. for a host of reasons. The vast majority of them that I have encountered, both personally and in cyberspace, know more about this nation and its political history than those who were born here. This type of behavior should not be condoned or tolerated on any forum. And, if anyone was insulted by Chas' statements above, please keep in mind he does not represent the views of the vast majority of this forum's membership.

Gary

Sorry Diki, I didn't mean to insult you by calling you Chas. My mistake.

Gary

[This message has been edited by travlin'easy (edited 10-07-2008).]

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#243888 - 10/07/08 08:56 AM Re: What about the bad economy?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Kingforg.., That was a very insensitive statement to make. It is funny how you can really see the inner-zoner with some of their statements. Rather than just refer to him as Sen. Obama.., you like many use his full name (which is cleary descimination by name), and in this case used to stir up the growing racism in this nation towards Islam and those with middle eastern ties.

As far as West Virginia is concerned..., well folks remember, I live in southern West Virginia. I can tell you Obama's biggest challenge in this state IS NOT his politics. Many upon many of polls have been taken here..., and two of the main reasons so many in this state supported Clinton was based on Obama's full name and his ethnicity. Even Clinton took some heavy heat because she exploited this and targeted white woman voters here.

Gary's right in that Kingfrogs statement doesn't represent the majority here..., but clearly this forum isn't immune to those individuals... I have had my issues with a few of them.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#243889 - 10/07/08 09:36 AM Re: What about the bad economy?
cgiles Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:

Chas, I sincerely hope the above post was made while in a drunken state of mind.

Gary

Sorry Gary, I don't drink. Looks like YOU might have had a nip, though, since you obviously weren't referring to Diki in your post. As far as immigrants are concerned, I have absolutely no problem with any of them, except perhaps those that are so quick and eager to absorb and embrace the kind of bigoted garbage spouted by your friend Kingfrog. Neither does it suprise me that you'd come out in defense of it. Hey, at least Kingfrog is out front with his.

chas

#243890 - 10/07/08 09:41 AM Re: What about the bad economy?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
cgiles..., it's better left alone man. I had issues with members in the past (racist emails from members here).., and then was called a liar about the whole thing just because I refused to post the names of the individuals here.

In anger I posted a few topics here regarding hate-mail.., which probably should have just been left alone, but it's here man.. Some members here (daily posters) are biggots. You'll find this on any forum.

Again.., I think it's just best left alone as Kingfrogs statement was made (in plain view here on the forum)...., and I'm quite confident that Nigel will deal with it.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#243891 - 10/07/08 11:21 AM Re: What about the bad economy?
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I think the "take-a-way" here is for everyone to think about their individual perception of the situation involving racism.

To say it is not as prevalent as it was years ago is a gross over-simplification. It's just less blatant/visible.

Of course, Obama will be facing issues regarding his race. Egghead academic research has already identified that as a major issue in this election.

How sad.

R.

Page 5 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online