SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#243730 - 10/02/08 08:38 AM New Info On GW-8
ocomain Offline

Roland has posted new information on the GW-8:
http://www.roland.com/synth/GW/download.html

If you click on the World Map, you will discover Style Listing download links for 4 different models of the GW-8!!! There is the Chinese version, the Latin version, the European version, as well as a separate Asian version (containing Indian, Indonesian, and Chinese Styles)! By the way, the GW-8 is not being sold in Japan. On this new GW-8 portal, you will also find Instrument files for Cakewalk's Sonar. Still don't know if the various models can be ordered outside their specific marketing territories (will there be an additional premium if I want the European version instead of the Latin one?). The French demos that were recently referenced (on a prior GW-8 posting) are definitely the best I've seen so far and really put to shame anything that Roland US has done.

Michael

#243731 - 10/02/08 12:03 PM Re: New Info On GW-8
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
My question is this. Why does the US get the Latin version? Why no western version?
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#243732 - 10/02/08 12:34 PM Re: New Info On GW-8
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
My question is this. Why does the US get the Latin version?

Just move to California and it will answer your question..

Best,
Mike

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online