Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#242999 - 09/21/08 11:42 AM Re: Great deal on media station
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
I think even Diki should order one, and post a demo for us..

"Step By Step"

Abbott & Costello - Niagara Falls

or

Three Stooges - Niagara Falls

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 09-22-2008).]

#243000 - 09/22/08 06:56 AM Re: Great deal on media station
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
I have a few questions on the Mediastation deal.

Why is Dom being so generous to a bunch of rowdy people like us? - and, more importantly, where are the audio inputs located on this puppy? Or is there no Sampler at all on this model? I see a bunch of outputs but NO inputs of any kind expect the MIDI inputs. Also, is there a guarantee included with this deal? And how much for shipping half way around the world to So. California? If we do a group buy would Dom consider knocking off a little more to sweeten the deal? Sorry.. just call me miser Mike.

And finally - what recourse do we have if Dom takes the money and runs?? Just kidding Domenik.. You aren't thinking about closing shop and moving on though are you Dom?? This deal seems too good to be true and you know what they say about deals that seem too good to be true don't you? > "If it seems too good to be true - it ******** *s. Maybe you decided to shutter the windows and change professions and this is your last hurrah to all of us "nice" people on the Synth Zone? Very kind of you to do this if it's true but our support of this Mediastation will fly out the window with you if you go.

I am interested but I would need to know the total price "out the door" with tax and shipping to my front door. Thanks Dom.

Best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 09-22-2008).]

#243001 - 09/22/08 08:46 AM Re: Great deal on media station
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Ciao Mike
you are really funny, for that I like you..

I will so generous because someone ther have stressed me a lot and I think now is the tiime for make someone there happy and try yourself the MS too.

About the hardware configuration, maybe you forget to read some on the specifications: http://www.lionstracs.com/store/x76-promo-p-205.html

This is a basic MS X-76 with 64bit CPU, same OS installed for the all models available, it mean that the all Software OS features are included, I can NOT deleting nothing.
It is a good hardware compromise for start play it, the right CPU power and enough RAM for running simple and not havy VST.

you can also expand there the all PC stuff, like RAM, CPU, HD..are all standard PC hardware.
You need a MIc inputs? then you have to add the MIC board or the all other available MS hardware.

this deal is totally TRUE, is not a fake and a fraud!
In 15 years that I make this job, I never fraud one of my clients, including Roland Europe, Solton, Gem...

this is a good deal just for cover one parts of the PC components and MS hardware parts, you can still remove the PC stuff and assembly a new PC desktop..LOL..

i think take off from the new production 10 promo MS...i can survive...don't worry.

The total price for this basic Promo is 1000 Euro and I don't know what you have then to pay there for import one keyb from italy, every country use different tax.

Is not included also the shipment cost...for the whole europe I can shipping with GLS, it cost only 60 euro, I really don't know how much will be to the USA..UPS and Fedex are a bit expensive.
If you there have someone that can pickup the MS here in Italy, for me is MUCH better, it mean NOT fight about the shipment cost .

Anyway... in just some days, 6 MS promo are already ordered..still remain the last 4 pcs and then this offer is closed.
Will return the normally price.

cheers and thanks again.
Domenik

#243002 - 09/22/08 09:23 AM Re: Great deal on media station
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill in Dayton:
Diki, do you have a demo or a sample of your work available?

My arranger work has long been posted at Roland-arranger. There's really only a couple of straight ahead arranger recordings (I work primarily as one half of a duo or full band work), one of which is the OOTB Bossa demo, and the other is a Joe Zawinul tune, done in Piano mode.

I make no claim to be the greatest piano player ever, but am fairly confident that anyone that wants to get an impression of the G70's sound can see past my mistakes, and quite easily hear the G70's basic sound.

Plus I don't make the outrageous claim that my G70 could not POSSIBLY be fully appreciated unless you actually sat in front of it (as a reason why I would NEVER actually post a demo!).

I don't ask for anything I would not do myself, and I don't scrutinize any one brand of arranger any harder than any other. At least two current MS owners claim music industry credentials greater than mine, hence my suspicions when they refuse to actually demonstrate their opinions.

If someone is trying to talk you into getting a car like theirs, but refuse under any circumstances to let you ride in it, you start to get leery of their claims. Hopefully, this may change soon, and if a quality style demo OOTB gets posted, trust me, I will be the FIRST to acknowledge it. Even if the playing is poor, as long as the style rocks, the sounds rock and there aren't any weird glitches, I think I'm pretty capable of discerning the difference between the machine and the man.

That's all I would expect of anybody listening to anyone's demos, including my own...

#243003 - 09/23/08 02:08 AM Re: Great deal on media station
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
My arranger work has long been posted at Roland-arranger. There's really only a couple of straight ahead arranger recordings (I work primarily as one half of a duo or full band work), one of which is the OOTB Bossa demo, and the other is a Joe Zawinul tune, done in Piano mode.

I remember listening to Diki's rendition of that Joe Zawinul tune from Heavy Weather. A very sensitive performance that brought back many memories of that time for me. I saw Weather Report play that tune live back in the 70s with Joe Zawinul, Wayne Shorter and Jaco Pastorius.

Diki really does play a memorable interpretation of it. Well worth checking out.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 09-23-2008).]

#243004 - 09/25/08 05:30 AM Re: Great deal on media station
Magica Alfa Offline

Yes it is true that DIKI made really nice demo.
But maybe he is having same problem as me.
I'm really occupied with my work and my band. So I can not find time to show you how is my MS sounds. But when I will have time I will do it for you. If anybody will have some questions regards MS I'm here.

In this moment I can only tell you that is all depend on you if you want good instrument you need to work with it: even if that is T3 or PA2X or whatever you play. Only different here is that you need only ONE MS to make different keyboard from it every day.
You need to change ordinary KBD every two or three years because some new advantages are coming out with new mode, but for old models are not possible to upgrade.

Best regards.
MAGICA ALFA

#243005 - 09/25/08 10:16 AM Re: Great deal on media station
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Sorry, Magica, but I'm NOT of the 'buy a new arranger every three years' school.

IF the arranger you purchase a) already sounds fantastic (and why buy one if it doesn't?), and b) is built like a tank (for durability), you don't really NEED to buy a new arranger for over ten years.

Sound-wise, there's very little that needs fixing on a G70, and only the reappearance of the Chord Sequencer, or a completely new, ground-up perfect design (unlikely from ANY manufacturer!) is likely to tempt me to spend big bucks AGAIN...

But in ten years time (or seven, actually, I've had it for three already), it will still be working perfectly... A computer-based instrument, especially at the pace that Dom likes to upgrade them, is going to be VERY unlikely to be able to run the latest OS and features that Dom comes out with. It's all well and good to say that you can upgrade the CPU, but in fairness, how many of us are trundling along trying to do cutting edge work on a ten year old computer?

Due to the complex subsystems, even if you CAN upgrade the CPU, the rest of the hardware dependent I/O (who knows if even USB2 won't be a 'legacy' interface ten years from now?) and other peripheral systems will likely be unsupported in ten years' time. In the meantime, of course, Dom will continue to tinker and change and improve the MS, but a lot of the new features will rely on systems that will not work on the original (circa 2008) versions of the MS. Linux itself will evolve, to use newer technology, and will be unlikely to run well on ten year old hardware (try running today's incarnation on a ten year old computer )

So you have to factor in upgrading your computer components for as long as they will continue to work with the I/O, and just pray that that will not be outdated by the software and OS... Replacing the entire computer, I/O and all subsystems in the event of a complete shift by Dom to use newer technology is not going to be cheap.

In the meantime, I'm still plodding along on my G70, and probably have whatever the Receptor morphs into by then...!

I'd also like to point out that, yes, I'm still busy with gigs and recording schedule, but the few minutes it took to make those demos hardly made it impossible to do. OTOH, I didn't have to fight my arranger's built-in sound or styles to do it That's kind of the point I've been trying to make for a long time. I didn't have to go out, buy a bunch of VSTi's, install them, troubleshoot them, integrate them into my workflow, develop styles for them, fine tune them, and THEN make a simple demo.

I simply turned on the G70, picked a style, and played... Basically what probably 95% of us here prefer to do, IF our machine is capable enough to do it. There are a FEW 'tweakers' here (I'm one, actually!), but I'm sure that, if the style and sounds are already spot on, no-one messes with it much IF IT JUST PLAIN SOUNDS GOOD...

So, don't worry about it. Turn on your MS, pick a style or two, and play something simple and beautiful. IF YOU CAN

My impression of the MS is that it rarely turns out to be that simple, and the fact that you claim time constraints in making a simple demo seems to bear that out. It's an arranger, dammit! It's not SUPPOSED to be hard work!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online