Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#242989 - 09/20/08 03:56 PM Re: Great deal on media station
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I am not the slightest bit interested in the difference between hearing the SAME thing live versus an online MP3.

I can only say that, after listening to CD's, and their equivalent MP3's (my iTunes collection) I am INTIMATELY aware of what the MP3 encoding process does to raw audio. One thing I can state without the slightest hesitation is that the encoding process has NEVER made anything that sounded great in the first place cease to sound great, and anything that sounded lousy as an MP3 didn't sound any major bit better when listened to as a CD..

In other words, if it sounds like crap on an MP3, it will NEVER sound like gold at full bandwidth. It will simply sound like slightly (very slightly!) better crap....

.... Until I hear a quality sounding OOTB demo from the MS or Wersi (I am NOT a 'home organ' music fan!) online, I am NOT going to drive any distance to hear those in person.

DIKI I totally agree with you!
the truth is that the MS Audio boards are only fakes... http://www.lionstracs.com/data/images/MSExpansioninsideweb.jpg
there you can see that we use only a 8bit DA convertes with only 40dB dynamic range.
the fact is that we have to save money in production more as possible and we try to find only recycled 30 years components.

So...when then I run this CRAP and stupid ASIO under 8bit digital mode, for correct the arranger audio parts, is normally that then the final result is CRAP too:

Of course then when I add over the style this CRAP ASIO ( we use a special revert enginer version for get a totally CRAP sounds)the result is more CRAP:

Hey..do not forget that under the MS are working ONLY this VST: http://www.lionstracs.com/store/information_pages.php?info_id=24

CRAP version ONLY, the original that you will buy on the store, are NOT working. You have to ask to the special MS CRAPPY version only.

So..what you hear in the Mp3 demos are much better high quality than the MS audio outputs, because we editing the all Mp3 demos with TON of additional effects to return back with a discrete Crappy sounds.

How you told before too, depend then who and how will play the demo on the keyboard...
Of course, instead to use the Top keyboard TP8SK from fatar, we use ONLY the recycled 76 keys from the SIEL keyboards http://www.vintagesynth.com/misc/sieldk700.jpg

Is for that the MS have so a deeph and old analog crap sounds.

Who know...maybe Miden and the all others that have ordered a promo MS I shipping one SIEL keyb and then you DIKI finally can you laugh...
MS...crap....fraud...warmed up soup...who know? Better not risk and buy a T3 or G-70...

#242990 - 09/20/08 06:17 PM Re: Great deal on media station
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
..Double post

[This message has been edited by miden (edited 09-20-2008).]

Dom,

I would like to speak to you about buying one of these machines, but once again it seems I cannot get hold of you by email. Please email me at cmilecki@yahoo.com and leave me all your email addresses and a phone number.

Thank you,
Chony

#242991 - 09/21/08 12:24 AM Re: Great deal on media station
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
What reason do YOU have for all the MS owners on here refusing to post even ONE user demo?

I am surprised that you need me to explain it to you. Most people ( not just MS owners ) don't post demos because in the past there have been extreme negative reactions towards posted demos and usually of a personal nature than critical of the hardware they were using. Only a VERY small percentage of ALL arranger users on Synth Zone are prepared to risk putting their demos online. Given your well known attitude towards MS and the attention you will apply to an MS demo you can't be surprised that nobody is that keen to attract your attention. But Dennis may surprise you. Not that he should feel compelled to unless he wishes to.

While I do understand your desire to hear quality demos of the MS surely you must realize your continual criticism is going to make any MS owner very cautious about posting a demo. Sure, yes it would be nice to hear more demos from the official MS site. But don't try to brow beat other Synth Zone MS users into posting demos because that has exactly the opposite affect. You have seen that it doesn't work.

It surprises me why you always try to dominate threads about MS when you have made it known you have no interest in the product. Sure make your point and move on. We just don't need to hear the same point made over and over again. It simply kills any meaningful discussion and isn't of much value to anyone. I'm not saying whether you are right or not but I actually do believe you do have good judgement. I'm just asking you not to get annoying. The topic of this thread wasn't "Demos On The MS" but it somehow got turned into that once again.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 09-21-2008).]

#242992 - 09/21/08 02:39 AM Re: Great deal on media station
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Sorry, Nigel...

Magically, many DO post here, on all kinds of arrangers, and don't get ripped a new one... How does that happen?

Maybe it IS related to how good he demo sounds?

On the whole, I think this is quite a tolerant place . Only when someone represents in a BIG way, and then fails to back it up do they seem to get much of a hard time. We DO get pretty critical of some factory demos, and that is just plain good consumerism (keep 'em honest ). They should expect it

But honestly, I can think of several that post music here with very little negative attitude...

I, and I honestly hope that everyone that posts here, am happy to acknowledge a great sounding demo, without ANY consideration of the source of that demo.... OK, I DO prefer it to be a simple style demo, to level the playing field, but push comes to shove, I hear something outstanding, I'll be the FIRST to say so...

If I don't, OK, I might be the first to say something, too but I really AM learning to let sleeping puppies lie, most of the time... All I expect from an MS demo, or anything else, to be honest, is that the quality of the sounds and styles be roughly appropriate for it's price. Or better!

But all I'm expecting from any MS owner that posts here is a representational impression of the keyboard, in a form we can ALL listen to equally. All I can offer is an honest opinion, I hope that's all anyone can offer, and I can state that's all I've done in the past. I really try to listen to everything posted with no preconceived impressions. So Yamaha, Korg, Wersi, everyone gets treated the same. I cut Roland no more slack than Liontracs

I keep feeling like Don Corleone... "listen, it's not personal... It's just business, OK?"

#242993 - 09/21/08 06:06 AM Re: Great deal on media station
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:
I am surprised that you need me to explain it to you. Most people ( not just MS owners ) don't post demos because in the past there have been extreme negative reactions towards posted demos and usually of a personal nature than critical of the hardware they were using. Only a VERY small percentage of ALL arranger users on Synth Zone are prepared to risk putting their demos online. Given your well known attitude towards MS and the attention you will apply to an MS demo you can't be surprised that nobody is that keen to attract your attention. But Dennis may surprise you. Not that he should feel compelled to unless he wishes to.

While I do understand your desire to hear quality demos of the MS surely you must realize your continual criticism is going to make any MS owner very cautious about posting a demo. Sure, yes it would be nice to hear more demos from the official MS site. But don't try to brow beat other Synth Zone MS users into posting demos because that has exactly the opposite affect. You have seen that it doesn't work.

It surprises me why you always try to dominate threads about MS when you have made it known you have no interest in the product. Sure make your point and move on. We just don't need to hear the same point made over and over again. It simply kills any meaningful discussion and isn't of much value to anyone. I'm not saying whether you are right or not but I actually do believe you do have good judgement. I'm just asking you not to get annoying. The topic of this thread wasn't "Demos On The MS" but it someone got turned into that once again.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 09-21-2008).]

Yes: the voice of reason

If I had a mediastation I would not post a demo here for the reasons stated above.

An MP3 demo does not and can not give a good representation of the sound on an instrument that outputs high-quality sound.

#242994 - 09/21/08 07:35 AM Re: Great deal on media station
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Diki, do you have a demo or a sample of your work available?

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#242995 - 09/21/08 07:37 AM Re: Great deal on media station
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill in Dayton:
Diki, do you have a demo or a sample of your work available?

"Slowly I turned"

#242996 - 09/21/08 08:26 AM Re: Great deal on media station
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by chony:
Dom,

I would like to speak to you about buying one of these machines, but once again it seems I cannot get hold of you by email. Please email me at cmilecki@yahoo.com and leave me all your email addresses and a phone number.

Thank you,
Chony

I have reply to the all your emails, including the last one for the demo unit.
I have now sent you one email by Yahoo with my private yahoo account.
you can find me online on yahoo messenger for any questions.
let me know
domenik

#242997 - 09/21/08 09:35 AM Re: Great deal on media station
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Dom, I am also interested in buying one of the promo units. I only need to know the cost of a memory and HD upgrade and an estimate of the shipping cost to the US (Atlanta, GA). Like Dennis, the 'arranger' function is of minor concern for me, and given the cost of a MUSE Receptor, this seems like a very cost-effective alternative.

Thank you,

chas

PS: Russ, forget the naysayers; I'd jump on this if I were you (soundesign, industrial tracks, etc.; a no-brainer).

#242998 - 09/21/08 11:22 AM Re: Great deal on media station
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Talk about "bang for the buck"...This deal is a "no brainer"..as Chas says...

Even with the additional shipping charges..it would be foolish to miss out...

I think even Diki should order one, and post a demo for us..

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online