SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#242848 - 09/17/08 08:19 AM Converting a style from Roland to Yamaha
ytlevine Offline

A friend of mine has a great set of styles he programmed on a Roland keyboard. The styles are exactly what I need and use (my style of playing won't allow me to use only styles from the keyboard). He has the StyleWorks program, but when he tried converting it with that, things come out messed up, and not the way they were on the Roland. Does anyone know a way to convert them that will work?
Also, when he programmed them, he set it that the drum tracks have 4 measures in the loop, while the guitar tracks have 5 measures, so that there will be a randomness in the loop - when the drums are done measure 4, they go on to measure one, while the guitar is still on measure 5.
Does anyone know if Yamaha will support that? I know you can't program them like that on the keyboard, but will it play something like that correctly?
Thanks.

#242849 - 09/17/08 09:12 AM Re: Converting a style from Roland to Yamaha
normark Offline

Loc: Denmark
Quote:
Originally posted by ytlevine:
A friend of mine has a great set of styles he programmed on a Roland keyboard. The styles are exactly what I need and use (my style of playing won't allow me to use only styles from the keyboard). He has the StyleWorks program, but when he tried converting it with that, things come out messed up, and not the way they were on the Roland. Does anyone know a way to convert them that will work?
Also, when he programmed them, he set it that the drum tracks have 4 measures in the loop, while the guitar tracks have 5 measures, so that there will be a randomness in the loop - when the drums are done measure 4, they go on to measure one, while the guitar is still on measure 5.
Does anyone know if Yamaha will support that? I know you can't program them like that on the keyboard, but will it play something like that correctly?
Thanks.

In case you wish to make a Yamaha style like this I would recommend that make a style with 20 bars. I would replicate the drums four times and the guitar five times. In that way you obtain the variation you request.

#242850 - 09/17/08 09:41 AM Re: Converting a style from Roland to Yamaha
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
I'm a technics user and purchased a Yamaha T2 expecting to be able to convert all my great technics song specific styles to Yamaha .
the converted styles sounded dreadful !!

It was a complete waste of time ... the converted styles need so much tweaking to even sound half good and then they were not good enough to use on gigs .

I also expected yamaha to have a large collection of song specific style . glenn miller with correct intro/ endings etc ..unfortunately this is not the case .

i sold the t2 and staying with Technics !!

a great disappointment and a waste of money .

this is just my opinion .

regards ..........Giovanni

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online